Just thought we could throw up some easy to make ways of healing faster.
- Everyone should pretty much know that a bear can take you down below 50% HP (variates with players) quite easy and you can't really regain it without sitting/laying for quite a while.

-I- would prefer a type of plant/herb to begin with. An easy natural way of healing yourself. I'm not asking for a new icon for the herb. Just a new name and a bonus to hp regen. I find it more important that we get these even with the same icons as already in-game herbs than not having them at all.

None of the healing effects are instant. They should all provide regenerative healing effects, a boost to your normal healing rate if you will. Why, if you look at the real world, it is very little natural medicine that actually heals you instantly (if any ). It is mainly the online world where it happens. Good ol' Greater Healing . Really, it would just add to the realism perspective.
The 1/10 etc. are nothing but percentages of your hit points a herb will heal over time. If you give them a short duration they will provide you with a quick regenerative boost. If you provide them with a longer duration they will provide a slower, but more permanent regeneration.
Herb with minor healing properties: This would be the common variety of healing herbs.
- Can be found with a relatively low forage skill.
- Won't heal you for all that much 1/10 - 2/10 HP.

Herb with some healing properties: This would be the uncommon variety of healing herbs.
- Can be found at medium forage skill, but appears less often than the minor version.
- Will heal you for about 2/10 - 5/10 HP.

Herb with greater healing properties: This would be the rare variety of healing herbs.
- Can only be found with a high forage skill and it is a feat finding it.
- Will heal you for about 5/10 - 8/10 HP.
- Could provide you with a minor fortitude buff. (You feel invigorated)

Band-aids: Coming soon.

The reason for different levels of forage required is to try and get some actual benefits of getting a higher skill in something (except the quality). Which imho is highly needed in almost all skills.

The values for which they heal can always change. Those were just a few numbers thrown on the table so people could see the idea. So can any other kind of extra such as buff and skill.

Other people having other ideas or alterations? I know quite a few mentioned band-aids. Though my idea of a band-aid is more; Stop bleeding and remove chances of infection than it is healing so I won't comment on that.
Other people mentioned magic and although I'm dying to see how they would implement magic in this world it might be a bit far out :P, still it would be nice to get some ideas of healing through magic on the table !

On a side note I was trying to find some healing herbs on the interwebz which could be found in the Lake Tahoe basin, but all I got was these, what I take as, scam websites trying to sell you their junk. I'll look into wiki soon enough.