Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's is sad Dub. It can still be great, but the reputation is damn near destroyed and players don't like joining into games that launched 1 year ago.

You were right though, so many were following it as the #1 up and coming sand box game. Who do you think those huge tribes are all across the world? Guilds from other games who were hoping this was the one.

Hell dub, you know Forsaken Studios? They don't even have an investor yet (so they say), but they do have 30+ developers working for free and a few who get paid.

The question that is stumping me is why didn't NG take on more volunteer developers? Not only has their been a change in path of this game, but the development is so slow its hard to know what that path even is.

Get some more devs!

Dub, i got my moneys worth too, out of the terraforming. But, I was looking forward to giving even more money and continuing to get my moneys worth.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    It's is sad Dub. It can still be great, but the reputation is damn near destroyed and players don't like joining into games that launched 1 year ago.

You were right though, so many were following it as the #1 up and coming sand box game. Who do you think those huge tribes are all across the world? Guilds from other games who were hoping this was the one.

Hell dub, you know Forsaken Studios? They don't even have an investor yet (so they say), but they do have 30+ developers working for free and a few who get paid.

The question that is stumping me is why didn't NG take on more volunteer developers? Not only has their been a change in path of this game, but the development is so slow its hard to know what that path even is.

Get some more devs!

Dub, i got my moneys worth too, out of the terraforming. But, I was looking forward to giving even more money and continuing to get my moneys worth.
    Knowing the people I do at the company I can pretty much guarantee they won't make the same mistakes as NG and AV to name but a couple in a sea of thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mono View Post
    Knowing the people I do at the company I can pretty much guarantee they won't make the same mistakes as NG and AV to name but a couple in a sea of thousands.
    Time will tell, and things change.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Time will tell, and things change.
    yeah, it's early...realllly early. everyone starts out with the best intentions (road to hell paved by good intentions eh?) but i've seen it many times as great grand ideas get whittled down as the reality of development kicks in, money runs out, etc. and in the end you're just left with, why the #@$@ would they do it like that?

i'm pretty much convinced the only way to 'do it right' is to be willing to spend 30-40 mil of your own cash building your own creation where the only vision you have to contend with is your own. Maybe someone in that other group stumbled into a large amount of cash and that's the boat they are in. I know my folks, we spent the better part of a year getting something built on paper, but the cold hard facts of what is required to bring something to market...well, anyone have 30 mil they can part with for an experiment