Notorious Games, Not a mega million dollar company

in reply to that post...

It could have been.

This game lost focus. It had the support of countless BIG guilds from wow and darkfall. People are still waiting for a quality game to sink there wallets into and still are at a loss to find one. Xsyon lost focus.. they sold out to carebears and didn't put enough resources into fixing the broken mechanics and combat issues.. like it or not 90% of the subs that left... left soely becuase of the combat issue...

This game had the endorsment of ripperX (with risking sounding like a fanboy) he is practiaclly a legend in Gaming circles.... hes featured on countless videos mmo websites and gamers forums. He LOVED the game.. the mercs wanted to be an active guild.. with broken promises and hastly created bug fixes that rolled back time and created more problems than they fixed most times they left after about a month. Some of the bigger guild started pulling back.. did Notorious do anything to keep us here.. nope they simple offered a refund as if they didn't mind us leaving.
    Maybe they didn't.

This game had the most potential of any game released in the last 10 years... look at it now.. still struggeling.. still with the same bugs and game mechanic issues... still with broken combat.. now the devs are working on less of a budget as subscriptions are surely not being upped and new ones are being added as often.

Its a shame..

The game concept of open world ffa with conquesting territories along with its tradeskills would have made this game the best game on the market to date.
    Currently it has sloppy combat .... protected areas.. no conquesting.... the tradeskills and crafts are nice... I'll give it that...

Skill progression.. has it been fixed? What bout stat points?

Any new mobs or are there just a handful of animals still?

Thanks for this information .....

i actually don't feel bad about throwing my money at buying it back in the spring...i got my money's worth...a good month's worth of terraforming and building (which is really quite cool just to do...even without a real reason to do it)...so i got a months worth of gameplay from my subscription. i've bought games that gave me worse.

but coca is definitely correct. This game could have been huge. it was being followed in teh sb 'expat' community, which is about 10K strong, with tendrils into 10x that many...df folks, old disillusioned ultima folks. iff if if this game had (or could) just do most of what it said it was supposed to, the devs would be sitting on a pile of money with several hundred thousand customers. Instead of sitting on a couple hundred actives.

it's really said.

but like i said, i've thrown my money after worse things

It's is sad Dub. It can still be great, but the reputation is damn near destroyed and players don't like joining into games that launched 1 year ago.

You were right though, so many were following it as the #1 up and coming sand box game. Who do you think those huge tribes are all across the world? Guilds from other games who were hoping this was the one.

Hell dub, you know Forsaken Studios? They don't even have an investor yet (so they say), but they do have 30+ developers working for free and a few who get paid.

The question that is stumping me is why didn't NG take on more volunteer developers? Not only has their been a change in path of this game, but the development is so slow its hard to know what that path even is.

Get some more devs!

Dub, i got my moneys worth too, out of the terraforming. But, I was looking forward to giving even more money and continuing to get my moneys worth.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    It's is sad Dub. It can still be great, but the reputation is damn near destroyed and players don't like joining into games that launched 1 year ago.

You were right though, so many were following it as the #1 up and coming sand box game. Who do you think those huge tribes are all across the world? Guilds from other games who were hoping this was the one.

Hell dub, you know Forsaken Studios? They don't even have an investor yet (so they say), but they do have 30+ developers working for free and a few who get paid.

The question that is stumping me is why didn't NG take on more volunteer developers? Not only has their been a change in path of this game, but the development is so slow its hard to know what that path even is.

Get some more devs!

Dub, i got my moneys worth too, out of the terraforming. But, I was looking forward to giving even more money and continuing to get my moneys worth.
    Knowing the people I do at the company I can pretty much guarantee they won't make the same mistakes as NG and AV to name but a couple in a sea of thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mono View Post
    Knowing the people I do at the company I can pretty much guarantee they won't make the same mistakes as NG and AV to name but a couple in a sea of thousands.
    Time will tell, and things change.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Time will tell, and things change.
    yeah, it's early...realllly early. everyone starts out with the best intentions (road to hell paved by good intentions eh?) but i've seen it many times as great grand ideas get whittled down as the reality of development kicks in, money runs out, etc. and in the end you're just left with, why the #@$@ would they do it like that?

i'm pretty much convinced the only way to 'do it right' is to be willing to spend 30-40 mil of your own cash building your own creation where the only vision you have to contend with is your own. Maybe someone in that other group stumbled into a large amount of cash and that's the boat they are in. I know my folks, we spent the better part of a year getting something built on paper, but the cold hard facts of what is required to bring something to market...well, anyone have 30 mil they can part with for an experiment