Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    My GOD people !!!

Absolutely nothing has changed here at all in the 2 months I have been away. People are only just realising there is little to no point in anything in the game at present, the safe zone arguement is still going on !!! But the best thing is Jadzia and MrDDT are STILL arguing in every other post - boring guys - agree to disagree !

What seems left is the few desperate people left picking over the bones of a once potentially good sandbox. I just popped back in here to see if anything had moved along. Sadly nothing has.

Oh well I will pop back in couple more months.

Now using mine, you add that into the game and POOF it fixes all the problems. You now have a need for walls, have a need for good armor, you have a need for good weapons, you have a need for high skilled crafters, you have a need for high QL resources (basic ones not this rare 10x damage one only).
    No. It doesn't fix anything. Why do you need walls if you don't want to protect your stuffs ? Why would you protect something that has ZERO value and ZERO usage ? You want to destroy my tent ? Be my guest. It does NOTHING. I don't need it. I don't need a house either because it doesn't give comfort neither bonuses. Why would I bother protecting it ? On the other hand, why would YOU bother getting it ? It gives you NOTHING.

How to give value to stuffs ? Say you can build a gym where you can train your strength. A low level one trains it slowly, as you keep upgrading it (for higher cost of course) it trains it way faster. A high level gym is expensive and efficient. To lose a building like that would be a pain, and to gain it would be a nice reward.

You can use the same method for kitchens, herb laboratory to make potions, hair dressing saloons, whatever. Add animals or zombies who can attack your town (only when you are at home) and you have the need for walls and armors.

Add a building which can be used for fast travel in a limited way. Say if you have a portal you can teleport to a chosen location once a day. If you upgrade the portal you can use it twice a day, etc. To conquer a town with a high level portal (which should be very expensive to build) would be a great reward.

Add purpose for buildings and there you go, you have stuffs to fight over. Keep the fights optional and you will have the ones who enjoy building and crafting and the ones who enjoy fighting. Add PvE risk to the ones who hate PvP, add PvP risk to the ones who are bored with PvE.

And first of all, add currency. So badly needed to start a real economy.

hey you both missed something here. Devs want people away from home and dont want home having the *spiffy* stuff, So id imagine Expansion totems can do this fill. seems you both forgot about that n expansion totems wont have safe zones and are attackable. Poof your both pleased. For those of us who dont really care for pvp we simply dont stick a expansion totem down and we can avoid it n enjoy are little safe zones. Id say inside this expansion city, it will be raidable-claimable-100% attackable So theirfor u can get everything in 1 go. Also what good is currency in this game? thier is no npcs to sell items to or buy them and not enough pop to get one going, no matter how you look at it..it just isnt going to happen. Tradeing items for items is the only workable currency.

basic resource have to be left alone, we arent making a df or anyother game here, basic resources must stay as New players need this as well as old, and Has 0 effect on the expansion totems. Taking that away you kill off most of the remaining population. but before any of this crap gets done, Features need finish-bugs fixed-Scavenging needs a major overhaul, Archtecture needs fixed up (walls not aligning, 923140823489 clicks to move an item). Animals need fixed up again as their scarse and Trees need to be fixed as, no where did it state u needed a tree for more to grow, this type of system allows asshole players to level loging and then screw over those folks in the areas, Cuz of this they can be waiting months for trees to appear in their areas again

Farming needs added also to help with tree issues and ofc carts (must have carts asap). Their is a VERY long list of stuff that needs finished ingame, Skill decay-revamp ofr stat decay. trade skills being reworked so you can master 2 skills n remaster over n loose the 2 u masterd. The list is very epic and very long. But PVP with will not hold the pop at all. They need pve things to do, ie raid zombie camps..hell mine a mountain, metal working, or w/e else you can think up to keep folks busy n givem something fun n new to do. PVP is fun, yes, But it gets boring very fast no matter how ya look at it. Because in games like these people will simply stop pvping or quit once their bored. (alot of the pvpers i know of in xsyon stoped playing due to bugs-lack of things to do and they ran outta things to pvp as the other side simply quit).

So safe yo say both your thinkings is off atm, When so much more needs done before anything u all wanna try and change can be heard n talked about. I want the game finished, bugs fixed and all features in. Im tierd of them stoping things to do other things a few people want. I WANT A FULLY WORKING FINISHED GAME THAT MEETS THE FEATURES LIST 100%. Once i get that then we can discuss expansion totems and how to makem interesting.

fatboy, read the OP and the first page. This thread is not about PvP/no-PvP or safe zones, its about the need of having purpose to make and own items/buildings. Without a reason to build and craft the game is pointless, and since items/buildings have no use or very little use right now the OP suggested the devs to focus on this problem.

well how about we stop jumping ship on things that need done. Lets let the devs finish this game then get to these things. I want to play a finished game and i want more to do , but having all features done and bugs fixed is a asap thing to me n should be done first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    No. It doesn't fix anything. Why do you need walls if you don't want to protect your stuffs ? Why would you protect something that has ZERO value and ZERO usage ? You want to destroy my tent ? Be my guest. It does NOTHING. I don't need it. I don't need a house either because it doesn't give comfort neither bonuses. Why would I bother protecting it ? On the other hand, why would YOU bother getting it ? It gives you NOTHING.

How to give value to stuffs ? Say you can build a gym where you can train your strength. A low level one trains it slowly, as you keep upgrading it (for higher cost of course) it trains it way faster. A high level gym is expensive and efficient. To lose a building like that would be a pain, and to gain it would be a nice reward.

You can use the same method for kitchens, herb laboratory to make potions, hair dressing saloons, whatever. Add animals or zombies who can attack your town (only when you are at home) and you have the need for walls and armors.

Add a building which can be used for fast travel in a limited way. Say if you have a portal you can teleport to a chosen location once a day. If you upgrade the portal you can use it twice a day, etc. To conquer a town with a high level portal (which should be very expensive to build) would be a great reward.

Add purpose for buildings and there you go, you have stuffs to fight over. Keep the fights optional and you will have the ones who enjoy building and crafting and the ones who enjoy fighting. Add PvE risk to the ones who hate PvP, add PvP risk to the ones who are bored with PvE.

And first of all, add currency. So badly needed to start a real economy.
    First off, if you allow people to take your totem from you people will still fight for it. Thats just first off.

Second is that people want access to control areas.

Third is that I said add in contested local rare resources. Its a lot easier to add that, and turn on PVP options than it is to go through all these other things you are talking about.

About this gym that trains STR. Why would I want a gym to train that when there is no point to having high STR? You are not making since. You need reasons to have high STR not reasons to have a building that gives you high STR.

We already have tons of things that add to STR, QL, Damage, etc. We dont have a reason to have high QL, HIGH str, HIGH skills.

Again you are missing the point. You can add in reasons to have a potion. So what? You have health potions, cures, faster exp etc. But why would anyone want them? There is no need to regen HP, no need to cure anything, and no need to gain faster exp or higher skills.

Now my way, you adding combat (AKA things to fight for, like rare resources that are local and give good bonuses to fighting etc) now people will want potions for healing faster (because they will be fighting a lot) they will need higher skills and stats because they will die too easy if they dont vs someone that does have high skills.

Yes lets add insta teleporters haha. Really?

Currency is NOT needed. Its already in game. You have dollars, and pennies. You also have many other types you can use.

Adding bonuses to items will do NOTHING to promote trade and stop people from being bored. You need STRIFE!!!
    Ohhh look I have a +10000 damage weapon. Who cares, nothing to fight for.

Why would anyone want to control areas if it does nothing ? Fight over rare resources...why ? So that I could build a very rare, very special and very useless new building ? Or to make a new armor so that I can efficiently fight for absolutely useless buildings ?

If the stuffs have no use and thus no value fighting for them is pointless.

Str, potions, etc should be needed for PvE too, to get materials to build USEFUL buildings.

technically if ya destroy buildings then u give 0 reason to build also ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Why would anyone want to control areas if it does nothing ? Fight over rare resources...why ? So that I could build a very rare, very special and very useless new building ? Or to make a new armor so that I can efficiently fight for absolutely useless buildings ?

If the stuffs have no use and thus no value fighting for them is pointless.

Str, potions, etc should be needed for PvE too, to get materials to build USEFUL buildings.
    I agree PVE, PVP, and other types of strife. Like nature. Will give peoples uses for many things.

I also believe that PVP is the easiest one of the all that to do. I also have been saying this for over a year. I also said you guys would get bored in your crafting world and the carebears were calling us just PVP fools. Now it seems you guys are having to deal with what problems you have caused, and now I guess you wont even admit that the carebears caused this problem.

Just fighting over land, will cause people to want to protect it, wanting to protect it will cause people to need items. Even if that land is of not much use or even useless. There is a need to want to protect it and want to defend it. So even on that basic level it would cause the need of these items.

Ive also been saying that you need more than just adding in PVP, you need to give items bonuses that have an effect.

how many times do we have to rehash this conversation.

all sides agree there needs to be the quintessential raison d'etre.

however one side believes that conflict should be instrumental in determining use, value, and rarity of items...it's not the whole pie, but it is a good 20-30% of it.

the other side believes that no one should have to be involved in any type of conflict, unless that want to, and thus believe that conflict should be a cupcake sitting off to the side, while the pie is made up of non-conflict related needs and desires.

Group A: Conflict is in the pie. Group B: it's not.

Jordi has said that he wants one pie where group A and B can coexist...which is problematic because group A and B want different games.

I'm in group A (duh)
    - I want walls to do something...have purpose...like protect me. Protect my stuff...but i don't need them because my home is safe because of some invisible hand of protection.
    - I'd love for building to have purpose, hold more stuff, improve quality of crafting, reduce regen time, etc...but why do i need stuff?
    - I'd love armor and weapons to have meaning...for armor and weapon smiths to be revered and be able to command extraordinary prices for their wares...but do i care if i don't actually need to fight for anything
    - I could go on and on and on and on (i have in the past).

/shrug this is rapidly becoming one of those what could have been if only products.

Devs need to figure out what they want their baby to be when it grows up, and quickly...and no, it can't be a firefighter, a jet pilot and a neurosurgeon at the same time.