Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Agreed Virror and Liquid.. seen the same myself.

I play everyday and have seen more sticking around and even old players popping back in.

What we need ( in my opinion ) is more things to retain those that try.

Yes, Jordi has said xsyon is not ready for an ad blitz, but to me the more that play and stick around to give feedback to help shape the game, the faster fun things can be chosen to add in.

Combat changes has not retained new players, it anything it has driven many away ... "it takes HOW long to kill a bear?? forget this"

New arch recipes has indeed helped retain the builder type players. But many are now close to or at lvl 100 skill and cannot learn new recipes. Without the ability to scav more or at the very least unlearn a few to have the ability to learn new ones, even the dedicated builders will burn out.

To me it is very obvious that MOST players have little patience. It is odd though that they would play a game that is purposefully designed to not hold your hand and take a long time to get things done. BUT... that's how it is.

I believe that the increase of forum lurkers is players hoping to see that they have patched in mutant bears and zombie.

Been checkingg up on this now and then to see how its coming along, looks like its slow progress might pop back soon to check things out.

Reason I left in the first place was because at launch the zone my clan placed our totem in was broke and no one could get more than 2-5 fps even with the settings right down.. by the time they fixed the issue about a month into the gam all my clan had quit jsut leaving me... after a while i realised clicking a button every few seconds to collect stuff was actually really really boring so i quit as well..

So when the new combat system is up and running correctly ill come back to check things out and maybe ill be able to persuade some of my clan mates back as well lol

well Im glad that you dont have to get on your hands and knees to get our food today, that would be really boring!!! good thing some of us don't mind gathering your food, otherwise you would starve!! joking!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monfols View Post
    interesting
    Uh oh. It's the ToM.

I've been playing steadily for the last few weeks after a long 2-month leave. The new architecture recipes keep me interested, but like a fool I was such a high level before I left that learning the new ones is nearly impossible...

you could always re-roll

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    I was such a high level before I left that learning the new ones is nearly impossible...
    Recipes are dropping though they are very rare. You should be able to learn some new Architecture but it may take some time to find or buy from other players.

Well I just checked... my paypal account has made a total of $99.95 in total payments to Notorious Games.

I have been paying continously since I purchased the game. I know its an Indie developer and I view my subscription as a gesture of good will with the hope that the game would become more fun over time...I have reserved comments about the game because I don't feel complaining about it right out of the gate is giving it a fair shake at all.

The state of the game is improving, however I cannot reasonably justify continuing payment for Xsyon. the regular disconnects I encounter, the horrible progression path, the clearly unbalanced professions for starting characters, the lack of any worthwhile method to transport more than a backpacks worth of goods any respectable distance, the constantly in development combat system that seems to hinder gameplay more than make it fun, the non-intuitive GUI (using right click to perform actions instead of a left click? huh?) just make this game more laborious than it has a right to be.

I am familiar with sandbox games. I play a number of them (Eve, Dawntide and Wurm have been my recent active sandboxes) I realise that feeling of completion is the reward I get from doing things. I am that kind of player. But the issues above, coupled with strangely itemized droprates of various recipes and materials make this game a very slow and overly laborious game.

Some of the things I have seen people put together in this game are wonderful, but the lack of even the most rudimentary form of bulk conveyance is sorely missing from this game. the Indian theme is great... but why haven't you introduced even a simple Travois that would allow people to carry more than what they can fit on their back?

Combat is important... but basic living necessities are more important for the fundamental baseline of any sandbox game. Farming and cooking should be priorities over combat. containers that can carry water should be high on your list for inclusion. catching fish is great. but I should have to cook it and I should be able to find an old jar or canteen or something along those lines in the huge rubble fields that would allow me to carry some water along with me. If I can't carry food and water along with me... why in the heck would I ever want to travel someplace else and fight others or go hunting... Hunting... yet another way to get meat that isn't used.

and why in the heck should I have to sit for 10 or 15 actions next to a river or the lake to get water? why would I ever think that taking a drink of water from the lake if I am parched, would require me to constantly tell myself to drink drink drink drink... that kind of repetition is a less than realistic implementation.

If you feel that 10 actions to fill your thirst bar is correct, then, why can't I queue up a few of those actions?

I am sure each of these questions has already be asked... I find it odd that the Development staff hasn't attempted to remedy these types of serious issues to make the game more palatable to its players.

Im sorry but this game has too many fundamental issues that need to be fixed prior to me ever recommending others to come play... 100 bucks later, and I find the game wanting in too many areas to continue.

Xsyon, Good luck I hope your development continues to grow and you are able to remedy these issues soon.. I will continue to check back and watch your progess with interest for the day when you make the game worthy to pay for.

They should never add a "There are so many players online" type stuff because it'll actully make it worse than it already is for getting people to log in, I've seen it happen to other games with low population, what happens is people look at this and decide they won't login until there are so many people online, and thus actully makes it worse. The game i played removed this after a while, infact at one point you could check who was online via the website and well at times it went down to like 10 people online. The funny thing is the game is still up and running to this day after 10years, but no-one plays it anymore apart from a few diehards.

I'm also pretty sure the game will pickup once there's something else to do other than building things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhodi View Post
    Well I just checked... my paypal account has made a total of $99.95 in total payments to Notorious Games.

I have been paying continously since I purchased the game. I know its an Indie developer and I view my subscription as a gesture of good will with the hope that the game would become more fun over time...I have reserved comments about the game because I don't feel complaining about it right out of the gate is giving it a fair shake at all.

The state of the game is improving, however I cannot reasonably justify continuing payment for Xsyon. the regular disconnects I encounter, the horrible progression path, the clearly unbalanced professions for starting characters, the lack of any worthwhile method to transport more than a backpacks worth of goods any respectable distance, the constantly in development combat system that seems to hinder gameplay more than make it fun, the non-intuitive GUI (using right click to perform actions instead of a left click? huh?) just make this game more laborious than it has a right to be.

I am familiar with sandbox games. I play a number of them (Eve, Dawntide and Wurm have been my recent active sandboxes) I realise that feeling of completion is the reward I get from doing things. I am that kind of player. But the issues above, coupled with strangely itemized droprates of various recipes and materials make this game a very slow and overly laborious game.

Some of the things I have seen people put together in this game are wonderful, but the lack of even the most rudimentary form of bulk conveyance is sorely missing from this game. the Indian theme is great... but why haven't you introduced even a simple Travois that would allow people to carry more than what they can fit on their back?

Combat is important... but basic living necessities are more important for the fundamental baseline of any sandbox game. Farming and cooking should be priorities over combat. containers that can carry water should be high on your list for inclusion. catching fish is great. but I should have to cook it and I should be able to find an old jar or canteen or something along those lines in the huge rubble fields that would allow me to carry some water along with me. If I can't carry food and water along with me... why in the heck would I ever want to travel someplace else and fight others or go hunting... Hunting... yet another way to get meat that isn't used.

and why in the heck should I have to sit for 10 or 15 actions next to a river or the lake to get water? why would I ever think that taking a drink of water from the lake if I am parched, would require me to constantly tell myself to drink drink drink drink... that kind of repetition is a less than realistic implementation.

If you feel that 10 actions to fill your thirst bar is correct, then, why can't I queue up a few of those actions?

I am sure each of these questions has already be asked... I find it odd that the Development staff hasn't attempted to remedy these types of serious issues to make the game more palatable to its players.

Im sorry but this game has too many fundamental issues that need to be fixed prior to me ever recommending others to come play... 100 bucks later, and I find the game wanting in too many areas to continue.

Xsyon, Good luck I hope your development continues to grow and you are able to remedy these issues soon.. I will continue to check back and watch your progess with interest for the day when you make the game worthy to pay for.
    This is exactly why pretty much no one will pay more than a month or so for this game.. and the truth is.. Making them pay for the game then pay $15 a month for it then they find out that all this stuff is missing from the game will make the player even more upset he wasted his money and time on an incomplete game, then he will cancel and never come back.

Even Wurm online has all of this stuff in the game and they don't even charge that much a month. Even if they did, people would still play because it's a mostly complete game, not a base of a game. Only thing Xsyon has on Wurm is graphics and animations.. other than that it's not even close. And anyone that plays these types of games do not even care about graphics that much, they care about the gameplay. Graphics just make it that much better.. and might be what pulled some away from Wurm or some other games into Xsyon.