Thread: New player

New player

Hello all new player here just found this game looks cool i like the sound of the crafting eating and the digging a moat video was cool. I look forward to trying it out hope it plays well.
    Is there anything i need to know before i make my toon? I am reading the manual right now.
    Thanks

Welcome to Xsyon

First off I may not be the most knowledgeable person in the game, but I will tell you what I can. If you plan to try solo you may want to choose toolcraft as your main craft since tools are needed for almost any craft. However if you plan to join a tribe right off, you may want to try and find out what that tribe may need for crafting. Your second choices will be things like hunting, scavaging, fishing and so on. You can raise any craft or game skill so your choices won't prevent you from doing things, it will just take longer to raise the other skills which start at 5 rather than 25.

Stats points I have a harder time with but I believe strength is important because you do a lot of carrying heavy stuff, and it saps your energy. And I think Perception helps with the ability to scavange succesfully. Intellegence helps learning new recipes? Again not for sure.

If you are not sure on stats etc, you can always start a character, get in game and play for a night to get a feel (ask lots of questions LOL) And then delete and re-roll to get exactly what you want. Good luck and Welcome to Xsyon!!

Welcome to Xsyon!

If you are planning on being a builder, then make sure your int, dex, and perception are all over 80 ...

Str, agility and fortitude need to be high if making a combat toon.

If you will start out in a populated area like sugarpine I can come over and help you out and get you setup with tools and whatever you may need.

Just whisper LaughingOak .. ( type /w laughingoak then hit the space bar )

Have fun!

Welcome new Survivor!

Hope to see you in-game very soon.

Yeh welcome, hope you have a blast.

Any probs feel free to whisper, or yell out in chat and we will help as much as we can.