Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm sorry, but I fail to believe its a "technical issue" or code mistake when it comes to the designing of a hit box.

I mean really, just look how huge this is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDnVSwWjtas

You could easily make the hit box a bubble that sticks out only 1ft from the players body.]

So much for the pvp tournament this Sunday...wheres the skill in aiming at a hitbox that large?

Added after 22 minutes:

Also, combat skills do not affect damage.

What is the point of them?

Stuff this basic truly blows my mind when i think about the fact that it is NOT implemented

Very sad indeed.

Greetings,

This is not the 'Hit Box' this is the weapon ranges.
    It was kept like this to make sure that the de-sync issue was resolved.
    This is next on our list to get adjust and should be done before the Event on Sunday.

It will require balancing, so if you are available perhaps you could help us test it, when its available on the Test Server.

It's not just that, Raguel. At least it doesn't seem that way.

If it were just weapon ranges, I could stand 10 feet away like I am in this video, but I'd actually have to aim at the body.

Basically, no damage should register unless the reticule is on top of the player.

Make the hitbox a 6 inch bubble that outlines the player body and lower weapon ranges slightly (10 feet with 1h axe is too far away).

Sorry to be so rude, but I've had it up to here with 6 months of combat revamps.

Hello,

Your information is valuable and Jooky has looked at your post.
    Perhaps you would like to help us test new changes when they become available on the test server, as part of our Public Test Team.
    That way you can have a direct input into the testing.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    It's not just that, Raguel. At least it doesn't seem that way.

If it were just weapon ranges, I could stand 10 feet away like I am in this video, but I'd actually have to aim at the body.

Basically, no damage should register unless the reticule is on top of the player.

Make the hitbox a 6 inch bubble that outlines the player body and lower weapon ranges slightly (10 feet with 1h axe is too far away).

Sorry to be so rude, but I've had it up to here with 6 months of combat revamps.
    Hey you lasted longer than most, fixing these things and testing broken systems isnt for everyone. I know you have been doing great imput and it would suck to lose another person that does give feedback. I might not always agree with you, but feedback that has data and detail is much needed.

Most of the feedback they get, are either poorly tested by people that have no idea how or what combat should be, or people that just dont care for combat. Which is why they are stuck with the systems they have in place now where it takes 15mins to kill someone.