Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't post a lot, but I enjoy reading your posts Mac. I think it is worth posting, and we just have to ignore the negative comments and name calling from the dissenters so we can enjoy constructive debates and conversations. This is a great source of information.

As a whiny lurker I would say that your counter balance is important. New people coming here need to see both sides. Maybe you are tired of providing it and I understand that.

Honestly though many of the threads here are started by you and the negativity seems to come as a counter to your posts. I see it going both ways. Maybe I just ignore the negative threads though as I have heard it all.

as a whiney lurker i'm discouraged because nothing has changed sufficiently in recent history to even warrant more whining. so sad.

and to be fair mac, most of your posts really don't add much (because again, there isn't sufficient change to even warrant new conversation), they are basically, as you said, cheerleading 'offsetting' posts to try and balance the realist/negative posts and positions out there.

you are no better, or worse than the other side, just a different point of view. Please step down off the high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    as a whiney lurker i'm discouraged because nothing has changed sufficiently in recent history to even warrant more whining. so sad.
    So when was the last time you played Dubanka? Details please (day & month)

I ask because you identified yourself as a "whiney lurker".

Of course there are things that were not complete or up to your standards when you played last, and that you have told us about - ad nausem. But really, when personally did you play or pay last? What are your relevenant gripes about the state of the game today? Have there been improvements to your satisfaction pertaining to your gripes, or again are you going on when you played/paid last (5 months ago)? Have you been ingame or on the test server to give us your input to whether those bugs/content patches were working that you love to complain about, or at least being fixed or have been fixed. You don't know for sure, do you? Is your so called objective opinion vastly out of date or going by someone else's "objective" out of date opinion influencing yours? You owe it to the forum readers to be honest about that. I challenge you to pay & play to find out yourself. Then.... you can add your constructive critque, or you can quit posting "your out-of-date" non-constructive posts. And don't give the excuse...."well, so and so told you". That won't cut it.

I'm on every day. Working to make the game all it can be and watching and giving feedback to the devs, guides etc. how their hard work is helping, working or failing. Until you do that also, on the level that I do it, and many many other players are doing, then you don't deserve any credence. And the readers/lurkers of the forums need to know that about you and what your "real credential's" are. You are not active - you do not pay - you do not test - you do not give constructive feed back - The truth is you are a "whiner". You love to whine because that is who you are, a whiner - you have not played/paid for weeks and months and do not know first hand the state of the game. The new players/lurkers etc. need to know that truth and I'm here to tell them.

So get yourself some current pay/playtime and give us your "self-vaulted" opinion, or at least be honest enough to say...."when I played way back when". Otherwise, you are a blowhard and I have no problem calling you out on it.

As a final word, I will at least give you this...you were honest to admit that you had a whiney voice. That part by golly was the truth

China

/de-lurk

i just enjoy coming here to watch you guys ball kick each other. i guess once that dries up i'll move on to something else. i have no interest in paying for this game, if they give me some free play time i _might_ reinstall and check it out. but frankly all my tribe has left and i find the core mechanics really mind numbingly boring, i flat out do not have fun playing this game. i find it amusing that i have more fun watching the sloppy mess of rants that go back and forth on this forum than having any desire to play again.

so, i guess, thanks to you guys for creating content on the forums that is fun for me

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    So when was the last time you played Dubanka? Details please (day & month)

I ask because you identified yourself as a "whiney lurker".

Of course there are things that were not complete or up to your standards when you played last, and that you have told us about - ad nausem. But really, when personally did you play or pay last? What are your relevenant gripes about the state of the game today? Have there been improvements to your satisfaction pertaining to your gripes, or again are you going on when you played/paid last (5 months ago)? Have you been ingame or on the test server to give us your input to whether those bugs/content patches were working that you love to complain about, or at least being fixed or have been fixed. You don't know for sure, do you? Is your so called objective opinion vastly out of date or going by someone else's "objective" out of date opinion influencing yours? You owe it to the forum readers to be honest about that. I challenge you to pay & play to find out yourself. Then.... you can add your constructive critque, or you can quit posting "your out-of-date" non-constructive posts. And don't give the excuse...."well, so and so told you". That won't cut it.

I'm on every day. Working to make the game all it can be and watching and giving feedback to the devs, guides etc. how their hard work is helping, working or failing. Until you do that also, on the level that I do it, and many many other players are doing, then you don't deserve any credence. And the readers/lurkers of the forums need to know that about you and what your "real credential's" are. You are not active - you do not pay - you do not test - you do not give constructive feed back - The truth is you are a "whiner". You love to whine because that is who you are, a whiner - you have not played/paid for weeks and months and do not know first hand the state of the game. The new players/lurkers etc. need to know that truth and I'm here to tell them.

So get yourself some current pay/playtime and give us your "self-vaulted" opinion, or at least be honest enough to say...."when I played way back when". Otherwise, you are a blowhard and I have no problem calling you out on it.

As a final word, I will at least give you this...you were honest to admit that you had a whiney voice. That part by golly was the truth

China
    Hi horse much. jeeze. I last played in July.

Since then none of the issues that I, Me, Personnally, identify with have, or have any appearance of, been addressed.
    Do you really need constructive criticism on desynch being an issue?
    Do you really need any more 'constructive' criticism on there not being a point to do anything?

I'm not sure where your hate is coming from, as i have not really been engaged in a detailed gameplay discussion since i've actively played.

I am happy that you can enjoy paying for and playing an incomplete game. Unfortunately you're not telling the 'truth' any more than DDT is telling the 'truth'. You are stating an opinion based upon your experience, your level of patience and your level of expectation. Your opinion is no more valid or 'right' than anybody elses.

Again, i'm not sure where the personal attack hate is coming from, I have mostly tried to take pains to keep my posts factual (through my lens of reality/expectations at least) and constructive...with ideas for how to fix things that I perceived as a problem...that 'your side' disagrees with my suggestions, is merely a difference of opinion...However i do realize, that in your mind, making note of things that are not right, or do not work, or could be better, is just 'whining'. So apologies there.

So yes, and of course the 'real me'...Full Disclosure! since this is all about me. I played pretty regularly from feb through mid july...at that point i stopped seeing changes that affected gameplay in a material way, and have felt no desire to log back in. Since that time I, obviously keep up on the boards, and look for feedback that maybe, just maybe the ball might have moved in a direction that would cause me to log back in again....to date i haven't see it.

finally:
    I'm on every day. Working to make the game all it can be
    It's a game, not a job...for me at least...I am gladdened that you can find it within yourself to donate money towards an effort that is incomplete, and not really working as intended...I don't have the energy to do that for an extended basis, much less pay to do it. I've said it before, and i'll say it again, you are getting the game your wanted, crafting, safety, everything for everyone, holding hands in the fire light, thousands of players to craft and trade with, building cities, making wares, trading them for other wares, stacking them neatly on a shelf...gaming nirvana. Why so angry?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    I've said it before, and i'll say it again, you are getting the game your wanted, crafting, safety, everything for everyone, holding hands in the fire light, thousands of players to craft and trade with, building cities, making wares, trading them for other wares, stacking them neatly on a shelf...gaming nirvana. Why so angry?
    Because they were pro for this type of play, and they believed its what they wanted. They wont believe anything else no matter how much data supports otherwise. Now that its not working out well they have to place blame elsewhere, they cant look in and say sorry they were wrong. They cant admit it, to themselves or others. This just gets them upset. They lash out, they make personal attacks because using data from the game doesnt work anymore. They cant go off "theory" anymore as the data is rolling in everyday of people not happy with the game, quitting and few staying to play the game.

With the server under populated, systems failing, broken systems, missing systems, and lacking of so many other things, they have no where else to turn but the other players. So they lash out, trying to put some type of blame or draw attention to something else in hopes the magnifying glass will look elsewhere than their failures.

You both do know that Xsyon Mercenaries is a PvP tribe? We will have the other side of the coin but for most of us PvP is the end goal.

Quote Originally Posted by krimara View Post
    You both do know that Xsyon Mercenaries is a PvP tribe? We will have the other side of the coin but for most of us PvP is the end goal.
    I do know they claim to be one, yet never do. But yes I know they think they are.

ok, so i logged in.

and i still couldnt bring myself to drag stuff into boxes and press enter for the sake of dragging them into boxes and pressing enter.

and i still found that i've terraformed everything i care to.

and there we have it.