Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Deragatory name calling...

to the original topic, no, not at the moment.

The use of derogatory names just puts people on the defensive and no one gets any useful point across. Even the developer in the Q/A used "carebear" ver. PVP to describe the sides here, when it is clearly non-pvp ver. pvp.

As soon as Greefer is used for PVP, or carebear for non-pvp, the conversation is over. But people don’t see this issue, and continue to go round and round :P

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by soulless View Post
    to the original topic, no, not at the moment.

The use of derogatory names just puts people on the defensive and no one gets any useful point across. Even the developer in the Q/A used "carebear" ver. PVP to describe the sides here, when it is clearly non-pvp ver. pvp.

As soon as Greefer is used for PVP, or carebear for non-pvp, the conversation is over. But people don’t see this issue, and continue to go round and round :P
    Very good distinction, I agree with this very much.

I dont find "carebear" a bad term, it would be like calling someone a nice person.
    Calling someone mean, or a griefer is a term. However calling someone a PVPer isnt.

Only time calling someone a PVP or Carebear is considered "bad" is when the person you are calling it doesnt believe it to be true, and doesnt like the other.

If I were a mean person and you were calling me nice and sweet, I wouldnt like that.

If you believe "carebear" is a bad term then, Im sorry that's your belief.

MrDDT you bring alot of flavor to these forums I know I am glad that you are around, but I got a question for you. Do you ever notice that no one is ever really listening to you while you continue to go on rambling about your interesting gaming theorys?

OP
    No i don't think the forums are really worth visiting anymore. Mostly just a bunch of complaining. Better to get the info in the game from people who actually play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by trash656 View Post
    MrDDT you bring alot of flavor to these forums I know I am glad that you are around, but I got a question for you. Do you ever notice that no one is ever really listening to you while you continue to go on rambling about your interesting gaming theorys?

OP
    No i don't think the forums are really worth visiting anymore. Mostly just a bunch of complaining. Better to get the info in the game from people who actually play the game.

I would believe that if I didnt have a ton of people PM me or tell me to keep up. A lot of people do agree with what Im saying, but they tend not to post "Hey what MrDDT said".

Most of these people you see here posting dont even play very much believe it or not. Few people even play this game.

I dont mind posting my theories of what I believe will help the game, I try to post all the info about it instead of "This game sucks" I do like to post "This game sucks, here is why, and here is what I think could help" instead. I do tend to ramble. Think it would help if I just said it more briefly?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I do tend to ramble. Think it would help if I just said it more briefly?
    I think that it would help if you would leave more room in discussions for other views without you immediately responding with the 'I speak the truth and you are ignorant for not seeing your error in the way you think' -manner which you usually do.

The funny part is (I think) that you do bring valid issues or opinions to the forum on occasion and for that your presence here is appreciated.
    You just are too full of your own opinion and you believe it is the only correct one. That alienates people from you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    A lot of people do agree with what Im saying, but they tend not to post "Hey what MrDDT said".
    Maybe this quote and what I wrote just before it explains why those people do not want to openly be associated with your views.

Just a thought, not something I could back with some 'hard data' . Think about it if you can and are willing.

Eric -

The people who have some of the same views about Xsyon rarely even check the forums, anymore. Jordi's original vision brought us here at first, then some of his new ideas caused us to leave.

It is what it is, now... Empty.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Yup well said JC
    Thats it. . I am logging in. . rerolling and going to have some fun.