Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    Thats it. . I am logging in. . rerolling and going to have some fun.
    Are you resubscribing or just logging in after not playing for a while? The game still has some fun elements to me.

Why would you reroll?

As I said in my guilds forum...

Still isnt Roma Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Are you resubscribing or just logging in after not playing for a while? The game still has some fun elements to me.

Why would you reroll?
    Logging in after not playing forever.

I decided to re-roll to see how the game would appeal to a new player and wanted different stats. My stats where so combat oriented that I suffered pretty hard in the crafting department.

From playing last night I noticed a few things:

1) The game is "harder" as it should be
    2) It seems to look a bit nicer for some reason
    3) There are trees!
    4) There are waaaay too many totems with only a pile of logs beside them . .I only saw two people chat and never ran into anyone . . yet I could not find a decent free spot to set up camp.
    5) Given the increase in difficulty and the increase I see coming. . decay etc. There needs to be even more of a reason to do things - which I do not see yet.

It was fun to run around but I basically thought. . okay this is going to take me longer. . with no meaning behind what I am doing. But then I thought about the other MMOs I play. . what is the purpose there beside leveling or beating a boss. I will keep at it for a bit. . The empty / abandoned totems was the worst thing I saw. . as a "new" player it looks more like a piles of garbage everywhere. . nothing like the prestine world we all rushed to populate.

These forums have got to be cleared up. As it stands all that happens here is MrDDT, Jadzia and that NorCal argue endlessly in post after post. Any post or idea that anyone puts up MrDDT tries to shoot down, nothing positive or constructive can be discussed in that environment.

The same old trolls are dominating these boards and making is unreadable.

A lot of people bought the game and no longer play as they are waiting for things to drastically improve. I pop in on the forum ever few months and all I see is the same endless arguments, it puts people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    These forums have got to be cleared up. As it stands all that happens here is MrDDT, Jadzia and that NorCal argue endlessly in post after post. Any post or idea that anyone puts up MrDDT tries to shoot down, nothing positive or constructive can be discussed in that environment.

The same old trolls are dominating these boards and making is unreadable.

A lot of people bought the game and no longer play as they are waiting for things to drastically improve. I pop in on the forum ever few months and all I see is the same endless arguments, it puts people off.

If the game had working systems, and was fun, you wouldnt see me making the posts I do. They would be minor balancing issues.
    Instead of coming here, and posting your trolling posts which this isnt the first one. Put some input into the game.

Ive posted MANY good ideas, and I give feedback on the game, that is from experience and from playing. Where is yours?

I read back through you posts, and there isnt much there that isnt trolling, calling people names, or whining for people to stop debating things.

I'm sorry for getting upset but I'm tired of people like this that do nothing for the game telling others that ARE trying to help and put time and effort into helping.

I might not like Jadzia, or NorCal however, I respect them for posting their ideas and opinions even if I don't agree or understand them.

Both play the game, and have a valued opinion, not just to me but others.

You want to talk about trolling turn the focus on yourself. I'm sorry for getting off topic, but this has got to stop. Its so sad that these types of players add nothing to helping the game upset because some people are debating what they feel will help.

I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone when people call DDT or I a troll.

Yeah, discussing the game is a bad thing, but telling people not to discuss on the forums isn't a bad thing?

I'd love for someone to copy and paste some trolling posts of me or DDT. It's all discussion on the state of the game, suggestions, questions or reporting bugs

According to Wikipedia : Trolling is widely defined as performing actions deliberately to provoke a reaction.

According to Tom Postmes, a professor of social and organisational psychology at the universities of Exeter and Groningen, Netherlands, and the author of Individuality and the Group, who has studied online behavior for 20 years"..Trolls aspire to violence, to the level of trouble they can cause in an environment. They want it to kick off. They want to promote antipathetic emotions of disgust and outrage, which morbidly gives them a sense of pleasure."

Now...

If you say trolling it simply to provoke a response we all are trolls at times as we ALL want a response to what we say, usually a positive response in agreement.

However, I think with the emotions that folks here show in their posts, it seems more than that. A player will post a statement of perspective, and another player will fire back a reply that is not only in disagreement, but is full of anger and emotion, and appears to be designed to do as Professor Postmes said, "They want to promote antipathetic emotions of disgust and outrage". The reply is out of balance with what they are replying to.

In this regard, Norcal and DDT, AND a few other INCLUDING myself have overreacted to what someone has posted.

I will let the reads of this forum decide who fits Professor Postmes's description.

So you are saying you are trolling. Gotcha, so stop it.

I dont agree with either of those terms for trolling, so I wont stop how I post. I post my opinions rarely personal attacks.

Sometimes people take something personal when its not a personal attack at all.

Like calling someone a carebear. I've yet to hear anyone come up with a better term for someone that doesnt like to do PVP, nor conflict of any type with other players.
    If you call them "non-pvpers" then they try to get all technical and say "I'm a pvper, I hit my friend once by mistake while we were fighting a bear", so I am again forced to use carebear.

It would also be like calling a PVPer who is aggressive, a ganker or a PKer. People sometimes thinks these are bad terms, again they are not. They describe the type of person, and nothing more you can do.

Anyways good luck with looking up your terms on the net and trying to figure out what it means, most people would just use common sense. I guess its running short on the subscription forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I dont agree with either of those terms for trolling, so I wont stop how I post. I post my opinions rarely personal attacks.
    Why would you accept the terms defined by a professor of organizational psychology when you know more than anyone?

Sometimes people take something personal when its not a personal attack at all.
    This is because you have poor social skills and are generally rude to everyone

If you call them "non-pvpers" then they try to get all technical and say "I'm a pvper, I hit my friend once by mistake while we were fighting a bear", so I am again forced to use carebear.
    LOL You will twist anything into your distorted world view just to try and win an argument. This should be up for the "dumbest statement on a forum award", You sir right now are becoming the king of bad arguments. It may even precede your title as macro king!!!

Now if this is trolling by YOUR definition MrDDT then expect more. There is a reason you have nearly 2000 posts on the forum, you troll! You leave no idea, no suggestion, no constructive or positive post untainted by your warped, over bloated self important ego. Even when a perfectly sound answer is left to a question by a new or potentially new player, you will follow up with the same answer. Why? Do you just like to hear yourself talk? I said this before and I will say it again, you are the bane of this forum, and YOU along with a couple others are the primary reason for the original post. "Is there any point to posting here?" Sure, as long as you are OK with the world according to DDT.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    Why would you accept the terms defined by a professor of organizational psychology when you know more than anyone?

This is because you have poor social skills and are generally rude to everyone

LOL You will twist anything into your distorted world view just to try and win an argument. This should be up for the "dumbest statement on a forum award", You sir right now are becoming the king of bad arguments. It may even precede your title as macro king!!!

Now if this is trolling by YOUR definition MrDDT then expect more. There is a reason you have nearly 2000 posts on the forum, you troll! You leave no idea, no suggestion, no constructive or positive post untainted by your warped, over bloated self important ego. Even when a perfectly sound answer is left to a question by a new or potentially new player, you will follow up with the same answer. Why? Do you just like to hear yourself talk? I said this before and I will say it again, you are the bane of this forum, and YOU along with a couple others are the primary reason for the original post. "Is there any point to posting here?" Sure, as long as you are OK with the world according to DDT.

So if I get another professor to dispute this professor you are ok with mine?
    No offense, but soon as he said "aspire to violence" I knew he was wrong. Trolls on the forums and the net rarely if ever come to violence. So I have no idea what this guy is talking about, and I could easy get a few professors of physiologically to prove that.

Being rude doesnt mean I'm making personal attacks.

You are still calling me a troll, and according to the term you and mac agree on, I'm not a troll as I dont want violence.
    So please, stop making personal attacks (again), and get back on the focus of the topic.