Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    I've said it before, and i'll say it again, you are getting the game your wanted, crafting, safety, everything for everyone, holding hands in the fire light, thousands of players to craft and trade with, building cities, making wares, trading them for other wares, stacking them neatly on a shelf...gaming nirvana. Why so angry?
    Because they were pro for this type of play, and they believed its what they wanted. They wont believe anything else no matter how much data supports otherwise. Now that its not working out well they have to place blame elsewhere, they cant look in and say sorry they were wrong. They cant admit it, to themselves or others. This just gets them upset. They lash out, they make personal attacks because using data from the game doesnt work anymore. They cant go off "theory" anymore as the data is rolling in everyday of people not happy with the game, quitting and few staying to play the game.

With the server under populated, systems failing, broken systems, missing systems, and lacking of so many other things, they have no where else to turn but the other players. So they lash out, trying to put some type of blame or draw attention to something else in hopes the magnifying glass will look elsewhere than their failures.

You both do know that Xsyon Mercenaries is a PvP tribe? We will have the other side of the coin but for most of us PvP is the end goal.

Quote Originally Posted by krimara View Post
    You both do know that Xsyon Mercenaries is a PvP tribe? We will have the other side of the coin but for most of us PvP is the end goal.
    I do know they claim to be one, yet never do. But yes I know they think they are.

ok, so i logged in.

and i still couldnt bring myself to drag stuff into boxes and press enter for the sake of dragging them into boxes and pressing enter.

and i still found that i've terraformed everything i care to.

and there we have it.

Deragatory name calling...

to the original topic, no, not at the moment.

The use of derogatory names just puts people on the defensive and no one gets any useful point across. Even the developer in the Q/A used "carebear" ver. PVP to describe the sides here, when it is clearly non-pvp ver. pvp.

As soon as Greefer is used for PVP, or carebear for non-pvp, the conversation is over. But people don’t see this issue, and continue to go round and round :P

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by soulless View Post
    to the original topic, no, not at the moment.

The use of derogatory names just puts people on the defensive and no one gets any useful point across. Even the developer in the Q/A used "carebear" ver. PVP to describe the sides here, when it is clearly non-pvp ver. pvp.

As soon as Greefer is used for PVP, or carebear for non-pvp, the conversation is over. But people don’t see this issue, and continue to go round and round :P
    Very good distinction, I agree with this very much.

I dont find "carebear" a bad term, it would be like calling someone a nice person.
    Calling someone mean, or a griefer is a term. However calling someone a PVPer isnt.

Only time calling someone a PVP or Carebear is considered "bad" is when the person you are calling it doesnt believe it to be true, and doesnt like the other.

If I were a mean person and you were calling me nice and sweet, I wouldnt like that.

If you believe "carebear" is a bad term then, Im sorry that's your belief.

MrDDT you bring alot of flavor to these forums I know I am glad that you are around, but I got a question for you. Do you ever notice that no one is ever really listening to you while you continue to go on rambling about your interesting gaming theorys?

OP
    No i don't think the forums are really worth visiting anymore. Mostly just a bunch of complaining. Better to get the info in the game from people who actually play the game.