Non Tribal Paving

Out in the world anyone can make a pathway, destroying the countryside or paving over a junk pile. However, no one can REMOVE a pathway that is not on their own tribal lands. It either needs to be that no one can pave off of their lands or everyone can remove the aforementioned pavement. It is the same way with firepits. I can put out any that I find, but I can't destroy them. This is also a major problem when people just make them and make them and leave them going. If this were remotely based on what can happen in real life, I should be able to destroy those roads and fires.

If I were to have a totem and build up my little area and then abandon it, people can come and destroy the buildings and constructed walls/barricades that I left behind. They should also be able to destroy any pavement and fires that I leave.

I also feel that any bins left outside of tribal areas should not be 'locked'. They are made of grass and should be able to be smashed to get into them.

I would also like to suggest, if it is possible, to introduce some type of ground erosion so that abandoned (non-tribal areas) terraformed areas eventually go back to nature and are not just left with pillars and pits looking the same way they were the day they were made.

Something must be done along these lines. Otherwise over time as players come and go the world will eventually be a total mess. As I explore already I see signs of this.

Even Road decay would be a step in the right direction.If a road isn't maintained over a period of time it erodes and returns back to its former wilderness state. Same could be said for earth walls and the pits dug to create them. A natural erosion so to speak that would fill in holes and wear down walls. The ability to landscape is a great and novel idea that drew me to this game as soon as I heard of it. Like any landscaping it should need some sort of maintenance. Or how about the use of materials in road creation. That would slow the creation down somewhat.

I would like to see grass regrow, junk to disapear when used and drop down, and trees to grow, water to raise and fall with extra rain and snow fall being melted.

I believe that if they add a requirement to make a road (like using bricks) then you wont see very much of this paving issue.

I also believe that ANYTHING outside of totem areas should able to be changed back to its normal state, save for terraforming.
    I also think that to take out a wall or building someone built then moved, it should take longer than 2seconds. You should have to break it down using tools, like hammers or clubs or rocks or something. Same goes for campfires.

This will allow the world to look like its lived in over time. Some places will be burnt out, others will just be left to decay overtime. But it will give it a better world feel, and I think one of the major parts missing in Xsyon. People feel like they have no lasting effect on the world outside of their totems, and they are so afraid to move their totem because of all the rules. (Loss of totem radius, unprotected stuff etc).

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I would like to see grass regrow, junk to disapear when used and drop down, and trees to grow, water to raise and fall with extra rain and snow fall being melted.

I believe that if they add a requirement to make a road (like using bricks) then you wont see very much of this paving issue.

I also believe that ANYTHING outside of totem areas should able to be changed back to its normal state, save for terraforming.
    I also think that to take out a wall or building someone built then moved, it should take longer than 2seconds. You should have to break it down using tools, like hammers or clubs or rocks or something. Same goes for campfires.

This will allow the world to look like its lived in over time. Some places will be burnt out, others will just be left to decay overtime. But it will give it a better world feel, and I think one of the major parts missing in Xsyon. People feel like they have no lasting effect on the world outside of their totems, and they are so afraid to move their totem because of all the rules. (Loss of totem radius, unprotected stuff etc).
    I agree with all of this, and I believe everyone pretty much does. One simple fix for much of this would be if grass and branches/twigs would re-spawn with the seasons. This would require "Upkeep" if people want roads to remain, otherwise in time the grass and branches would cover it over. Then if the grass is pulled it would be dirt again below. It would also cover old terraformed places leaving the dimensions of the terraformed area (tell tail signs of previous inhabitants) but looking like nature had taken it back over.

Could also be some sort of compromise on the roads. Something along the lines of differing types.

For example a road begins as a 'cleared' dirt path which has an increased 'reclamation' rate (It would revert to its wilderness state faster than paved). Then to upgrade the road would require the bricks ect.

This would still allow for the building of a road for the casual player, as well as the creation of more permanence for the tribes who wish to connect to one another thru roads (trade routes paved?)

While I don't want a paved road to my homestead, the creation of a small dirt path could be interesting.......