Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thinking about playing. I have a question 1st.

So after looking into this game, I really like what it seems to be. My question is whats the point in building walls? Can other players break them down or they just for looks? I keep reading players can not loot within the villages, if this is true, what is the point of building walls if you are already protected?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerman View Post
    So after looking into this game, I really like what it seems to be. My question is whats the point in building walls? Can other players break them down or they just for looks? I keep reading players can not loot within the villages, if this is true, what is the point of building walls if you are already protected?
    Within the protected tribe area walls and gates only serve to keep Animals or NPCs out. However, if you like games like "Mindcraft" the concepts of terraforming and building homesteads, villages and towns is actually a lot of fun. Especially if you are a creative person then the sky is the limits. (However there are some creatively challenged persons who post constantly in the forum about how terrible the game is, my theory is they suck at everything except grieving so for them this game sucks LOL) So if you are looking for a game that offers PVP conflict within tribe territory, the ability to destroy buildings and attack other tribe villages, then no, you will be disappointed in the game. There are plans for expansion Totem/tribe areas but I'm not sure how this is going to work.

Greetings,

At this point in time, the walls are decorative, But...
    The future plan for walls and gates is that they can be destroyed by an enemy player and leave your Tribe open to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideRaguel View Post
    Greetings,

At this point in time, the walls are decorative, But...
    The future plan for walls and gates is that they can be destroyed by an enemy player and leave your Tribe open to attack.
    I can dig it. Will this only be possible by mutual consent? Are the devs far enough along on this idea to go into more detail on how this will work?

Walls are less decorative now than before.

Walls will protect you from random wondering animals that are aggressive. Like Bears, and Coyotes.

You can build gates, so they allow you to get in and out.
    Walls CAN be jumped over from anything of any kind of height near 1/2 the wall height or higher, and no real way to build walls higher without terraforming. Later 2 story stuff is said to be coming.

No players can hurt another wall on a tribe land. OFF a tribe land, people can right click and destroy a wall in 5seconds with a menu option (no attacking).

Thanks for the information!. Its too bad walls can be destroyed so quickly. It would be cool if different material walls took different times to destroy. Giving the owner time to defend his place and incentive to make better walls.

Right now walls can't be destroyed by outsiders, so we do not know how long that will take or if it will take longer to destroy a masonry wall than a branch barricade. The rules for tribe warfare and when it will be introduced haven't been set.

Ravelli

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    Right now walls can't be destroyed by outsiders, so we do not know how long that will take or if it will take longer to destroy a masonry wall than a branch barricade. The rules for tribe warfare and when it will be introduced haven't been set.

Ravelli
    Not sure what you mean by "outsiders" but walls can be destroyed.
    They cant be destroyed on tribal lands unless it's a tribe member doing it.

Quick video of how long it takes to destroy a wall or other building in Xsyon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBiKD-ibeuE

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "outsiders" but walls can be destroyed.
    They cant be destroyed on tribal lands unless it's a tribe member doing it.
    That's exactly what I meant. I think even you will give Jordy credit for not using "right click to instantly destroy wall" as a mechanic for tribe sieges.

Ravelli

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    That's exactly what I meant. I think even you will give Jordy credit for not using "right click to instantly destroy wall" as a mechanic for tribe sieges.

Ravelli
    Sadly, I can because there will be no tribe sieges.