Energy Drain Mechanic

Am I alone in thinking that jogging should not drain the energy bar. I find that I'm resting way too much in game. If I had to estimate, I'd say I rest for 25% of my log in time.

I understand you need the energy drain mechanic to regulate sprinting. For normal jogging speed it just seems a bit excessive.

Please post your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    Am I alone in thinking that jogging should not drain the energy bar. I find that I'm resting way too much in game. If I had to estimate, I'd say I rest for 25% of my log in time.

I understand you need the energy drain mechanic to regulate sprinting. For normal jog speeding it just seems a bit excessive.

Please post your thoughts.

I agree, not only for travel but for many other things.

Somethings other than standing still or laying down should give energy back. Maybe like fishing (its relaxing right?)
    This will allow people to do things with the "downtime" of getting back energy than going to the bathroom or looking at another webpage.

I would like to also see things like food, clothing, drinks, and skills effect this more. So people are not laying on the ground so much.

Walking should regenerate energy, while jogging should SLOWLY lose it.
    Have running skill effect speed of sprinting and energy drained while sprinting.

Walking with 0 weight, should regen energy pretty fast. Maybe like 50% that of laying down.
    Jogging should be like 1% energy drain at 0 weight.

Still apply weight factors to both of these but right now (and Ive said this before) walking offers no bonus to anything, nor does jogging vs sprinting. Infact you are overall faster sprinting everywhere and resting at 1/2 energy than you are at jogging.
    Sprinting should be just that, a sprint. Very fast, but very hard on your stamina.

I see exactly what you mean DDT, having played DF the last few days.

You can really maximize your efficiency if you use low stamina or no stamina skills when you are waiting for stamina to come back or mobs to respawn or whatever. Considering everything trains up some attribute, it never feels useless to do so. Even if skinning for loot wasn't important, I'd still do it for the attribute gain.

Kind of how like Xsyon stat increase system is suppose to work (without the skill decay, but Xsyon's is really, really slow, and some skills are not increasing or decreasing stats), except you dont start off as a complete noob as far as stats go in Xsyon as you do in DF.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I agree, not only for travel but for many other things.

Somethings other than standing still or laying down should give energy back. Maybe like fishing (its relaxing right?)
    This will allow people to do things with the "downtime" of getting back energy than going to the bathroom or looking at another webpage.

I would like to also see things like food, clothing, drinks, and skills effect this more. So people are not laying on the ground so much.

Walking should regenerate energy, while jogging should SLOWLY lose it.
    Have running skill effect speed of sprinting and energy drained while sprinting.

Walking with 0 weight, should regen energy pretty fast. Maybe like 50% that of laying down.
    Jogging should be like 1% energy drain at 0 weight.

Still apply weight factors to both of these but right now (and Ive said this before) walking offers no bonus to anything, nor does jogging vs sprinting. Infact you are overall faster sprinting everywhere and resting at 1/2 energy than you are at jogging.
    Sprinting should be just that, a sprint. Very fast, but very hard on your stamina.
    This makes so much sense.....I'd also like to see a way to quit from having to stop what seems like every few min to drink....because I have to leave my current location to go to the water, at a time usually when I'm weighted down and would drain my energy completely. At least have something for me to carry water (and yes, it should have weight burden like carrying fish does)....any military person knows you dont go anywhere in the field without a canteen.

.. You should try walk around for more than 2 hours, it actually tires you, not your body, but your legs.

Though that's not really the thing.

I do agree that walking should regenerate stamina, it is after all a game and I'd like to play it more than stare at me sleeping a lot of the time. I'm not sure of the 50% of Sleeping, I think 50% of Sitting would be more appropriate taken the fact into account it that you do spend some energy walking.
    Anything else should be based on how much you carry and I'd actually appreciate if they would still make overweighted people lose energy even when walking.