Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    There are problems in here.

First think what kind if problems I am talking about, and if you can't think of anything I'll fill in my thoughts.

At this point I would like to see loose skills instead of fixed skills and 16 locks on skills, so I could really specialize on my profession.

Yeah, one thing I dont like about the lock system is how you really only have the choice in 3 skills per pool at 100. You cant have like all at 10 at 35 skill.

I can see that some restriction on skills will encourage trade, but I also think for the individual they should be allowed to keep related trades that are key to their main profession. Either way, the only way to soften the blow of this patch is probably offer everyone a complete one time only respec of their skill points like they do in other games after the patch.

Even with this I think a percentage of population will disappear as this is basically a nerf that is never popular with anyone.

When I listed the SWG crafting traits as having thousands of resources and involved prospecting for those resources, it *wasn't* a direct comparison saying that it is exactly what Xsyon needs. I used it to demonstrate a game system in which one single step in the crafting process could be a profession all its own.

The way Xsyon is designed, it would not be feasible to have thousands of resource types. People already bitch about all the varieties of cloth. There does, however need to be something else to crafting besides the current fill slot and click for final product. More intermediate steps, different ways to process raw materials so that they have different effects on the final result, more sub-components with varying stats, etc.

Another part of the current crafting system is the tediousness (what some may consider difficulty) is directed at the wrong outcome. It should be tedious and require a lot of work to get QUALITY not quantity. Right now its reversed. Any Joe Blow with low skill and Master tools can get make the best gear with a few clicks, but if he wants 1000 junk crap bricks its going to take him hours and at least 3000 clicks (would be 5000 if not for the tools now staying selected in a recipe).

Edit : major booboo, was (now highlighted) should have been wasn't..kinda changes the whole meaning, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    When I listed the SWG crafting traits as having thousands of resources and involved prospecting for those resources, it was a direct comparison saying that it is exactly what Xsyon needs. I used it to demonstrate a game system in which one single step in the crafting process could be a profession all its own.

The way Xsyon is designed, it would not be feasible to have thousands of resource types. People already bitch about all the varieties of cloth. There does, however need to be something else to crafting besides the current fill slot and click for final product. More intermediate steps, different ways to process raw materials so that they have different effects on the final result, more sub-components with varying stats, etc.

Another part of the current crafting system is the tediousness (what some may consider difficulty) is directed at the wrong outcome. It should be tedious and require a lot of work to get QUALITY not quantity. Right now its reversed. Any Joe Blow with low skill and Master tools can get make the best gear with a few clicks, but if he wants 1000 junk crap bricks its going to take him hours and at least 3000 clicks (would be 5000 if not for the tools now staying selected in a recipe).

Yep on top of this its promoted to do this grinding type thing instead of quality. Because most people want quantity for 2 reasons 1)Skilling, or 2)Making things (like walls or tools to grind with).

Game needs to promote quality a lot more, and make it harder and harder as it gets higher and higher, with larger bonuses for quality but less by %.
    Meaning if you say make a Junk QL (5QL) item weapon it should yield say 5 DPS, Making a Moderate QL item (25QL) would yield like 20DPS..... Making a Very High QL item (70QL) yield like 35DPS. Master QL (90) yeild like 45DPS, Supreme QL (100QL) yeild like 52.5DPS.
    So going from 5QL to 30QL only 20points, would yield a 15DPS change, or 3x the effect. But going from 70 to 90 same amount of points would yield a 15DPS change but only be a little over 2x the effect.

About the process 100% agree. Things like taking ore out of the ground, with the option to change it into a metal that makes it stronger (hits harder, or lasts longer) or lighter (attacks faster, or lighter weight), or is of higher QL effect (using this metal will have a higher QL output effect on the item) even though they are all say IRON metals, they can be processed to have effect effects.

Iron would still yield is basic properties of + damage bonus, but now this iron used in crafting would have other effects because of how it was processed.

Just want to add something I haven't seen posted before in the thread about the meaning of a game. Ill just toss in a few terms and elaborate what I mean with them briefly. You don't have to flame me because I don't claim this to be the "meaning of a game" for everyone, just for me. Another thing is I haven't played this game alot so I lack experience from being maxed out in stats/skills.

1) Flexibiliy in crafting/gathering. This is the hardest thing to define. But when you are building things you want to stand out in one direction or the other. If all houses/carts/whatever look the same, work the same there is not really enough flexibility. Stats is a way of making things differ, but the visuals in the game could go a bit further than they do today. Another thing could be that not all tents/tepees/etc are the exact same size. Add a bit of stretch and shrink when putting up projects would go a long way.

2) Realism. Ok, I admit, by playing a game I really should shut my mouth when it comes to realism, but.... There are a few things that are pretty hillarious in the game right now. Getting ganked by a bunch of rats on dope is one of the more disturbing things. Mad Squirrels chewing my legs off is another thing. Let's not walk down the path of murderous racoons... No matter how badly armored I would be in real life I have a hard time seeing myself jumped in the hood by a gang of rats.

3) Realism (when building). Ok, I haven't built alot yet but there is one amusing thing that bothered me right away. You start with the top and work your way down. I wonder how they came up with that way of thinking when so many things in real life is about starting with a foundation. But, as a suggestion to making building more fun and a bit more realistic, why not allow us to do the complete buildings as a project without any terraforming at all first? Then, when you are happy you can start terraforming and work your way up, not down...

4) More skills. There is much to do on this part. The best games I played have so many things to do that you almost feel overwhelmed by all the choices. If you leave the game for the day with a feeling of not having been able to do this or that you will surely log back as soon as you can. If you on the other hand have maxed most skills and all there is to the game is a balance act to maintain skills...Im not sure about the lasting power of the game. It will surely help trade if everyone can't do everything, but ... that leads us into the subject of trade.

5) Vanity. No matter what you think about vanity items etc its a thing to make you stand out from the crowd. By adding things that really have no impact on anything but visuals you will attract those who love tinkering with stuff like that. I can think of furnitures, decorations, lamp posts, garden gnomes, paths, flowers, curtains, mats, and tons of other things that will make it more fun.

I can think of many more things that make a game worthwhile and meaningful, but these should be pretty simple to add/modify.

//--Doc in game, Spock outside--\\