Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazkid View Post
    TY. the ability to turn one to decrease as you gain a point thru use of the new skill would be acceptable I think. IE if tailoring was set to decrease so I could learn leathercrafting it would simply decrease by one every time the new skill being used (leathercrafting) would naturally gain one rather than having to wait however long decay would take to loose that one point in tailoring.

Great conversation OP hope ya didnt see this as an argument. Was far from such imho. Who else has ideas. I hear tons daily discussed in game. lets get em read and discussed both pros and cons.

The system you are talking about is like UO has, which I'm not saying wont work, I'm just not seeing the need to lock or unlock them. If you want to keep a skill high or near max, it should be your main focus to keep it there, and with a little effort (using the skill once or twice a day) you can keep it from decaying.

To me it goes more to the point of instead of people having to choose what skills they want, the play style chooses it for them.

It's not to argument DDT. It is to share with the Dev's what the fuck people mean when they request more meaning in the game. Juust like the 'More Content!'

Having looked through yours, they're filled with words, not a bad thing, but not quite what I was looking for. Anywho, presented what I think belove.
    You can discuss all you want, but don't get into heated fights who's right and who's wrong. None of you are either.

Combat: Meaning
    - Need of loot on Mobs (such as Revenants giving items that cannot be crafted)
    - Need of more mobs in the game world.
    - A better AI of mobs to increase the difficulty of a fight.
    - Need a larger variety of in-game mobs such as Mutants and Revenants.
    - Need group content mobs.
    - Needs more players. (Though that isn't something they can actually code.)
    - Need a marksmanship system (it feels hollow without one.)

Crafting:
    - Induce an evil soft cap to keep skills down. You would be able to master, ideally, 2-3 crafting skills.
    - Stress the differences between having to choose side in crafting. Currently you can have about 50% of all recipes. Too many.
    - Stress the differences between EXP gained and recipe levels.
    - Create some Master/Artisan items that only people of Master and Artisan skill level -MIGHT- be able to achieve. It should NOT be a certainty. Just because you are a master craftsman does not equate to you being able to create Masterful items.

Gathering: (Items in general).
    - Stress the difference on items. Common, Uncommon, Rare.
    - Create rare resource tiles that appear in random places (but appropriate places - like Sea weed is an enhanced grass type, but only grows near rivers and lakes, during the summer.)

Generally:
    - A more aggressive soft cap. (Would improve quite a lot).
    - Make people have to choose, not necessarily at beginning, but from playstyle and what they do: Gatherer type, Crafter Type, Warrior Type. Skills and stats should follow promptly. There shouldn't be the possibility of owning all three spheres at the same time.
    - Promote trade through carts, wagons and similar as well as a more aggressive soft cap would lead to more trade due to less 'I'm a GOD." In capital.

My idea of a soft cap is that the more skills you have up in the high-end, the faster your skills will deteriorate. If you want to be good at a lot of things, it would require you to play a lot, thus rewarding you according to your time put into it. (I'm very fond of rewards vs time spent. No way should people that doesn't play a lot be able to be just as good as the guy that spends 16hrs a day playing. None of that World of Warcraft crap in this game.)

Great thread and post and still waiting for these things in game.

Xsyon Citizen
    VeryWiiTee.
    All true.
    We could have more people, but something needs to be sacrificial, like loot or FFA PVP or both, you know well noobs will rage-quit once something like this happens.
    I understand your passion about PVP and loot but not many people are that way.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    VeryWiiTee.
    All true.
    We could have more people, but something needs to be sacrificial, like loot or FFA PVP or both, you know well noobs will rage-quit once something like this happens.

That's your opinion but really not a fact. I believe the FFA PVP or Looting issues isnt the problem here. Removing the PVP or the Looting doesnt give the game meaning, in fact it would give the game less meaning.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    That's your opinion but really not a fact. I believe the FFA PVP or Looting issues isnt the problem here. Removing the PVP or the Looting doesnt give the game meaning, in fact it would give the game less meaning.
    It depends on what meaning you are talking about.
    To have more people playing? or to have just people who interested in PVP? mainly.

It depends on what meaning you are talking about.
    To have more people playing? or to have just people who interested in PVP? mainly.

Removing PVP doesnt give the game meaning, that's a fact. Do you disagree with this fact?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Removing PVP doesnt give the game meaning, that's a fact. Do you disagree with this fact?
    I did not say remove PVP.

I did not say remove PVP.
    1) I didnt say you did.
    2) You didnt answer my question.
    3) What are you talking about here?

VeryWiiTee.
    All true.
    znaiika from most of your posts ive see over the last few weeks, it comes across to me (others may differ in opinion) that you are caught up in a thinking that this game will have more players and player retention rate will be higher if there is no looting/FFA PvP at that this for you is the main big issue.

I on the other hand (while playing over the last 1+ year) see looting/FFA PvP as a very small problem at this time and is not one of the many core issues which need to be resolved to keep the newer player base active and make this an enjoyable purposful long term experience. The previous posts all have very good points which should be addressed by the devs which i believe would help achieve this to start with.

Regarding looting/FFA PvP, if a player is say a month or so old or more and you leave a cart or a basket outside your totem safe zone with important stuff in it they are idiots in my opinion and deserve to get it stolen ;P
    If on the other hand it is a new player who doesnt quite understand how basket permissions work and how people can totem drop etc then this is unfortunate, but learn from your mistake and move on, even ask in global who took your stuff some people may even give a new player it back.

Remember this is a game of survival, and this is the only risk this game has at the moment until they add more content so dont leave your shit lying around, and dont go out in your best gear if you are gonna cry and quit game if you lose it. Scavenging in enemy territory wouldnt be the same if this risk wasnt there