Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    It's not to argument DDT. It is to share with the Dev's what the fuck people mean when they request more meaning in the game. Juust like the 'More Content!'

Having looked through yours, they're filled with words, not a bad thing, but not quite what I was looking for. Anywho, presented what I think belove.
    You can discuss all you want, but don't get into heated fights who's right and who's wrong. None of you are either.

Combat: Meaning
    - Need of loot on Mobs (such as Revenants giving items that cannot be crafted)
    - Need of more mobs in the game world.
    - A better AI of mobs to increase the difficulty of a fight.
    - Need a larger variety of in-game mobs such as Mutants and Revenants.
    - Need group content mobs.
    - Needs more players. (Though that isn't something they can actually code.)
    - Need a marksmanship system (it feels hollow without one.)

Crafting:
    - Induce an evil soft cap to keep skills down. You would be able to master, ideally, 2-3 crafting skills.
    - Stress the differences between having to choose side in crafting. Currently you can have about 50% of all recipes. Too many.
    - Stress the differences between EXP gained and recipe levels.
    - Create some Master/Artisan items that only people of Master and Artisan skill level -MIGHT- be able to achieve. It should NOT be a certainty. Just because you are a master craftsman does not equate to you being able to create Masterful items.

Gathering: (Items in general).
    - Stress the difference on items. Common, Uncommon, Rare.
    - Create rare resource tiles that appear in random places (but appropriate places - like Sea weed is an enhanced grass type, but only grows near rivers and lakes, during the summer.)

Generally:
    - A more aggressive soft cap. (Would improve quite a lot).
    - Make people have to choose, not necessarily at beginning, but from playstyle and what they do: Gatherer type, Crafter Type, Warrior Type. Skills and stats should follow promptly. There shouldn't be the possibility of owning all three spheres at the same time.
    - Promote trade through carts, wagons and similar as well as a more aggressive soft cap would lead to more trade due to less 'I'm a GOD." In capital.

My idea of a soft cap is that the more skills you have up in the high-end, the faster your skills will deteriorate. If you want to be good at a lot of things, it would require you to play a lot, thus rewarding you according to your time put into it. (I'm very fond of rewards vs time spent. No way should people that doesn't play a lot be able to be just as good as the guy that spends 16hrs a day playing. None of that World of Warcraft crap in this game.)

nice, but i disaggree with all those crafting and classes.
    This would take all the unique'ness this game has.
    Also items is good now, unique. but they must be spread up better into parts of the map

Xsyon Citizen
    Some of "my" stuff was stolen by a totem drop ... however I learned something - thats more worth then all the stuff that has been taken from me. Also learned something about carts in the process - so for me it was a very valuable lesson - priceless even :P

In Xsyon language:
    You can take my fish - but the skill points I got during fishing - those are mine :P

Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    In Xsyon language:
    You can take my fish - but the skill points I got during fishing - those are mine :P
    LMAO, good attitude to have mate

Well thunxa i agree with verywiitee on the crafting maybe not 100% BUT somewhere along those lines.One of the biggest problems that keep showing its head in many different ways is that you can do any and everything all at high end.Thats one of the reasons no one needs anything or even needs a tribe for that matter.

Xsyon Citizen
    for those that want to limited skill point and learnable crafts go play Mortal Online
    I played that game and it drove me crazy the limits and i had 3 chars and still drove me crazy.
    Its one of the reasons i left the game and i really loved the crafting in there way better then xsyons.
    So please let Xsyon be Xsyon i for one would leave if they limited my skill point and learnable crafts any further.
    I would love some meaning but there are better ways to do that.
    Possibilities enough make land claimable for example, create rare resources, alliances who fight for control over zones for tax purposes, also trade can be good but you need better ways of transport for that.
    so dont give meaning to the game by limiting but by expanding and adding.
    Keep an open mind for other ways and use these to improve the game.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by inhabit View Post
    znaiika from most of your posts ive see over the last few weeks, it comes across to me (others may differ in opinion) that you are caught up in a thinking that this game will have more players and player retention rate will be higher if there is no looting/FFA PvP at that this for you is the main big issue.

I on the other hand (while playing over the last 1+ year) see looting/FFA PvP as a very small problem at this time and is not one of the many core issues which need to be resolved to keep the newer player base active and make this an enjoyable purposful long term experience. The previous posts all have very good points which should be addressed by the devs which i believe would help achieve this to start with.

Regarding looting/FFA PvP, if a player is say a month or so old or more and you leave a cart or a basket outside your totem safe zone with important stuff in it they are idiots in my opinion and deserve to get it stolen ;P
    If on the other hand it is a new player who doesnt quite understand how basket permissions work and how people can totem drop etc then this is unfortunate, but learn from your mistake and move on, even ask in global who took your stuff some people may even give a new player it back.

Remember this is a game of survival, and this is the only risk this game has at the moment until they add more content so dont leave your shit lying around, and dont go out in your best gear if you are gonna cry and quit game if you lose it. Scavenging in enemy territory wouldnt be the same if this risk wasnt there
    I hope you all correct, that will be proven in the future though. If Xsion close its doors in the future? don't blame it on bugs or game was not ready for people to like it, like those other sandbox games that are shutdown, it all comes to majority of people who support the game, if you don't have enough people? game will shutdown.
    It will be sad to see Xsion shutdown due to low population.
    You can make everything right if you put PVP, full loot, PVE, etc.etc.etc. in the right place to function, otherwise it is going to be a mess and a lot of rage quits.
    I am not trying to remove the fun of this game, you have to see that, like the other day, one player rage quit when he heard about totem drop and override permissions, and many did because of full loot, many did because of unjust PVP, many did because of difference in opinions, many did because of griefs, I can go on and on and on......

I agree with Dzarren, you people should have open mind.
    You can improve PVP to work for all and eliminate ways to grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzarren View Post
    for those that want to limited skill point and learnable crafts go play Mortal Online
    I played that game and it drove me crazy the limits and i had 3 chars and still drove me crazy.
    Its one of the reasons i left the game and i really loved the crafting in there way better then xsyons.
    So please let Xsyon be Xsyon i for one would leave if they limited my skill point and learnable crafts any further.
    I would love some meaning but there are better ways to do that.
    Possibilities enough make land claimable for example, create rare resources, alliances who fight for control over zones for tax purposes, also trade can be good but you need better ways of transport for that.
    so dont give meaning to the game by limiting but by expanding and adding.
    Keep an open mind for other ways and use these to improve the game.
    Umm how is it limited at all right now? I understand you don't want them to start bashing it over the head with a nerf bat, But anyone in the game can learn and master anything that is in the game without any limitations right now. The only thing that stands in your way right now is time and hunting for the recipes, And thats not realy limiting(IMO).

You also talk about trade being one way to help, And there is some trade happening. One reason there is not a lot more(IMO) is that anyone that is willing to put the time in can make anything they want or need. There is NO NEED TO TRADE right now(Once again IMO), Othere than to save some time. There is no limitations to anyone, And I do think that is a big problem.

The claimable land, rare resources, alliances and fight for control over claimed land is in the works(or said to be).

I think you need to also "Keep an open mind" as well, Not all nerfing is bad.

Added after 9 minutes:

Dang it znaiika, I was trying my best not to reply to any thing more from you. But DAMN IT!!! You tell people to keep an open mind and yet you don't at all. It's your way or you cry that we don't listen or we are going to kill the game. I'm no PVP player, But even I can see that without everything that you want gone or have a harsh nerf bat taken to. Is whats going to make Xsyon such a fun game to play. Your way later to the dining table, And the food has are ready being served. So you can sit down and start trying to work with what we have, or go to bed hungry.

I'm not saying not to have opinions, But you keep wanting to change the core of the game.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    I'm not saying not to have opinions, But you keep wanting to change the core of the game.
    Where did I say I want? I say people should have open mind to all possibilities and make Xsion playable for all people.
    Don't get stuck on what I want or don't, think of the way for all people to be able to play Xsion, not just few.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post
    Well thunxa i agree with verywiitee on the crafting maybe not 100% BUT somewhere along those lines.One of the biggest problems that keep showing its head in many different ways is that you can do any and everything all at high end.Thats one of the reasons no one needs anything or even needs a tribe for that matter.
    If they splitt the items needed over the map it should be fine. With more Population and dead penalty it will be very hard to keep making all items perfectly and even more getting those items alone.

Not really and I dont understand why people woukd want to craft the best of the best in all crafts.The only thing that does is kill trade and makes you useless because that guy can do the same and so can that one over there so anything you make is useless to everyone but YOURSELF.I want people to need or want my weapons and i want to need your master/supreme leather straps or twine to make some of them.Im not saying that everyone cant some twine but everyone shouldent be able to make supreme twine....whats the whole point then?