Xsyon Citizen

Red face No discussions for several days means....?

No discussions in this Prelude Talk forum means that..... everyone's happily playing the game?

That would mean that the game is getting better, doesn't it?
    I'm sure there is plenty that we can disagree upon, but maybe no one wants to stir up controversy?

On the other hand, it can also mean that even the regulars have finally resigned into silence... in game at least I notice less and less 'chatter'. At least in my timeslot (between 8pm-11pm GMT+1) I usually 'see' the same die-hards who play (you know who you are ) and simply enjoy themselves.

Maybe its the silence before a storm. We are all eagerly waiting for the next real content patch like carts and such. Even pvp'ers I know of are back to crafting, waiting for the (hopefully) last 'tweaks' for combat.

Lets hope that, when all additions and changes are finally ingame, more people will 'come back' and help us regulars make the game more as it deserves to be.

Comments, yes please .

Wanderer.. somewhere in 'Nordic' country....

I think its the fact nothing "new" can be talked about it would just be going over the same issues which we already know about, and we know what happens in those debates .

Combat has been the most active ongoing discussions/feedback in another subforum in recent days/weeks.

I personally aint logging in as much, I log in to see whats happening and also to take part in the Guide Events but other than that im having a rest.

Im sure the forums will get busier when , carts, mutants/zombies, shields, ranged weapons etc are added.

What Inhabit said is mostly what it is.

I personally have grown very tired of the endless bicker.

So, I have just been working on fortifications around our village and looking for more blueprints. Also working hard to grow our tribe, so just chatting in game but not spending much time on the forums.

Just been working in silence mostly. But with Levald having back surgery this next week, I won't be around for a week or three. I'll keep him occupied with making an actual layout of our village

It means the game is dead. If they don't do something soon and add some things to the game quick like carts/water jugs,buckets, more animals, fix the energy mechanic, add cooking, use of bows, reason to have certain structures like tents and all the other stuff that this game needs to even have any point in playing, its just going to be another one of those lost in the dusty shelf indie games.

And I laugh that they have the balls to charge a full sub price as most AAA MMO's at $14.99 per month when the game isn't even close to being complete. You want people to play the game do it the right way.. have a closed beta then Open beta and see how it goes. This prelude crap is not working at all. Is it in beta? Like because if this is the release version, this game will not get anyone in it's current state, specially at $14 per month. I came back to see how the game was going after a year and it's the same damn game as it was 1 yr ago.. nothing has changed, I mean they haven't even added cooking to the game in a year, really?

It's just dead.. the only people that even play are the ones that have been with the game from the start. The people that left have seen that the game is not moving forward in development, it's just at a standstill. You can't half ass a game and then charge a premium sub rate and expect the community to support the development.. it just doesn't work that way. If you want to charge say $5 a month to start and state that this is still in Beta and all that then say the price will increase at launch then I doubt people will have a problem with that. But just going for the max sub right away with an unfinished game just turned people off right away.

Bad marketing and PR = failed game.

I dont even think they want to market or do PR for this game just FYI. They said they will do that in a bit after they got it working better. Which is the main point of the free time for people currently playing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I dont even think they want to market or do PR for this game just FYI. They said they will do that in a bit after they got it working better. Which is the main point of the free time for people currently playing.
    Uhm, ok, so don't you think it's a bit unfair that new players coming in have to pay the game price and then the $15 per month? While others are playing for Free?

That makes people mad.. specially gamers. They should have completed the game then started charging money, not the other way around. They relied too much on the player base to support the game. They promised all these things and gave nothing but a base game. And even after a year have changed nothing.

I mean how hard can it be to add some small things to the game that would make it much better for players to enjoy.. small things like water jugs/buckets, or carts. OR COOKING! My god what MMO does not have Cooking in it? Especially a damn Survival one! lol, they just made a base game charged people for it and took the money and did nothing. The game is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by gegezerg View Post
    Uhm, ok, so don't you think it's a bit unfair that new players coming in have to pay the game price and then the $15 per month? While others are playing for Free?

That makes people mad.. specially gamers. They should have completed the game then started charging money, not the other way around. They relied too much on the player base to support the game. They promised all these things and gave nothing but a base game. And even after a year have changed nothing.

I mean how hard can it be to add some small things to the game that would make it much better for players to enjoy.. small things like water jugs/buckets, or carts. OR COOKING! My god what MMO does not have Cooking in it? Especially a damn Survival one! lol, they just made a base game charged people for it and took the money and did nothing. The game is dead.

You should go read my posts on this topic.

Either way, people will get free time if they were paying Xsyon already said this.

Quote Originally Posted by gegezerg View Post

It so hard that a single error, like a wrong character in the code line (just the fact that a space is missing) fucks up the entire code, if not the game. That is what makes it so hard to introduce new things in a game. You really should code before you talk about such things. When huge game firms can do hotfixes in a few days it is because they have a much larger team of people fixing. Second of all I think it is unfair to say they don't do a lot in Xsyon. They put out more new content for each patch than I've ever seen World of Warcraft and similar games do. Not necessarily 'big' content but a lot of small content is constantly being added.

Why are you repeating a discussion from the Public forum in a thread it doesn't even belong in and have you even considered they are working their asses of to make everyone pay to play? Who in their right mind would think a Game Company would let such a thing as free time pass unnoticed. LOL I say.. LOL.

Are we getting free time? Because I just got charged on my two accounts. I decided to close them both. Nothing has really changed, there is not a real game to be played. It is only a skeleton of a potential game right now.