Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

players returning

I see that population is slowly increasing again.......Get the word out people...post it on the big gaming sites....game is getting better...two steps forward, one step back, but its moving in the right direction.

After this last combat patch, I dont see this to be the case.

I still wouldnt tell my friends to play this until I see more of "reasons" to do things. Instead of Xsyon SIM.

that being you MrDDt. BUt I still enjoy the game...and my point is that we are seeing more people on a daily basis, that means more people for you to do you bids (pvp) on. try keep the game going.

Liquid is right.

There are more players trying the game out. I have been steady in adding new members to Pawnee each week.

The real challenge atm is having enough going on in the game to keep them around. Building holds most of our members attention, but not all.

The combat changes while an improvement in actions, have made some things kinda silly. As long as I face another player they will not be killing me any time soon. It went from too easy, to way to hard. On the other hand bears getting to be hard seems spot on as no human is going to win against a bear in hand to hand combat without a lot of damage. Even a bear cub could kill a human in RL so why not here?

I believe like you, that they are making progress. If more content like roaming mutants or zombies make it in game along with reasons to do what we do, then I feel strongly that those that do try xsyon will stick around and we will get onto the road to recovery.

So, YES let us all spread the word. But make sure those that join realize its is a work in progress that they can help shape.. but they need to stay around to help shape it.

Mac the problem has always been keeping players not finding or "adding" new ones. Hasnt it? I mean at release we had WAY more people active than now and they left.

Combat for bears is a joke. I still kill bears with my fists easy, problem is it takes about 3mins to kill 1 bear, and they dont even come close to killing me. I would have to be AFK for like 10mins for them to kill me.

You can spread the word all you want, Im not going to stop you. I will say I dont think you are doing ANYONE any favors in trying to get them to play right now in this current state. The game is boring, and broken in many many ways.

Xsyon will be a great game one day, and Im here to help and follow it. But right now isnt a great time for players. But hey, what do I know Im sure there are about 50 to 100 people that love this game and will be here for a few more weeks saying now much they love it. Then in a month you wont see them again.

Well then... according to the numbers you claim are left playing you are predicting that in 2 -3 weeks ALL players will be gone, and we both know that is just not true at all.

Remember: just because YOU find xsyon boring does not mean everyone does.

At this point in the games history you are actually way out numbered by players that enjoy what the game currently has. Yes. Some of these same players love pvp and are looking forward to having more players to pvp with, BUT they are having fun with building and setting up for what will happen next.

It sound like you do not believe they will keep making progress, or maybe it is you don't like the direction the game is going.

The owner and developer of the game wants both pvp and non-pvp to be able to play here and have fun. Those that thought it was going to be all ffa pvp all the time have indeed left because that is NOT what they are doing here.

So not sure what to say to you.

Still here after 3+ months

I'm still having loads of fun after three months, and so is Riverspirit and Gynn. We even recruited a couple new players this week and we were not even trying lol. The truth is I have played everything from Vanguard, AOC, Vindictus, WOW, LOTR and more over the past few years and I generally make it about two months with any one of these games before I get bored and switch to the next one. Rinse and repeat to keep from dying of burn out. Now I've been playing Xsyon for the past three months and I'm not planning on going anywhere. Still having fun! So it really is a personal preference and clearly we are not the only ones who finds this game very enjoyable. So I agree that things seem to be moving along quite well for a small development team and though the game will not suit everyone's needs, it definitely works for us and people of like mind. And most people who leave say they are returning when more content is in. So even if we invite new people now and they take a break (Like I do with EVERY other game) they will be back. And that makes them all potential future Xsyon gamers. Nothing wrong with that.
    "some people will always see the glass half empty"

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Well then... according to the numbers you claim are left playing you are predicting that in 2 -3 weeks ALL players will be gone, and we both know that is just not true at all.

Remember: just because YOU find xsyon boring does not mean everyone does.

At this point in the games history you are actually way out numbered by players that enjoy what the game currently has. Yes. Some of these same players love pvp and are looking forward to having more players to pvp with, BUT they are having fun with building and setting up for what will happen next.

It sound like you do not believe they will keep making progress, or maybe it is you don't like the direction the game is going.

The owner and developer of the game wants both pvp and non-pvp to be able to play here and have fun. Those that thought it was going to be all ffa pvp all the time have indeed left because that is NOT what they are doing here.

So not sure what to say to you.

It is FFA PVP all the time. Havnt you been playing the game?

I have no idea how you think that all the players will be gone in 2 - 3 weeks by what I said. I said that the problem has ALWAYS been keeping new players, not adding new players. New players have been buying the game the whole time, but they leave not long after.

History is on my side here, history in this game has shown that more players USED to play the game but quit than ones currently playing and having fun.

I dont understand how you think I dont believe the game will keep making progress. I even said in the post I think Xsyon will be a great game one day. To get to be great it would need to make progress to do that.

Im sure there are people playing that are having fun, Im also very sure there are MORE people that left the game because they are NOT having fun than ones HAVING fun.

You are correct MrDDT. People are always buying and trying, but more are staying this last weeks. They should add in the login window a "There currently are 59 players online"

I have also seen a big increase in the amount of ppl in the forums, not alot more posters, but ppl hanging in the forum.