Thread: So...

So...

Me and a few of my friends are interested in this game. Two of us come from the games Mortal, and Darkfall. We were in love with Darkfall, and all its potential, until the mention of a character wipe further crushed the player population. A bustling guild town, became deserted over night, and there was no more reason for us to stay.

So now we're looking at Xsyon, and the biggest question on my mind is this:

Is the player population large enough to sustain this game, or is it too, in the process of dying?

That being asked, other questions would be, is this game really progressing, does it show promise beyond being simply what it is, are the devs competent and diligently working to make the game all that it can become?

And my last being this:

I heard a long while back, that they eventually wanted the combat system to be like Mount & Blade. Was that simply a rumor, wishful thinking, or was there a grain of truth to that?

My thanks, and the thanks of my friends, to anyone willing to tell us what they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Yigg_Tsalagi View Post
    Me and a few of my friends are interested in this game. Two of us come from the games Mortal, and Darkfall. We were in love with Darkfall, and all its potential, until the mention of a character wipe further crushed the player population. A bustling guild town, became deserted over night, and there was no more reason for us to stay.

So now we're looking at Xsyon, and the biggest question on my mind is this:

Is the player population large enough to sustain this game, or is it too, in the process of dying?

That being asked, other questions would be, is this game really progressing, does it show promise beyond being simply what it is, are the devs competent and diligently working to make the game all that it can become?

And my last being this:

I heard a long while back, that they eventually wanted the combat system to be like Mount & Blade. Was that simply a rumor, wishful thinking, or was there a grain of truth to that?

My thanks, and the thanks of my friends, to anyone willing to tell us what they can.
    Population is very low, but unlike darkfall and mortal the game is not dieing it's just at a point where people are waiting to see where the development is going to go.

A quote from one of my other posts:

Best dev team I've ever seen in such a small indie game, always posting updates and patch releases come out anywhere from 1-3 patch releases in one month- they also use a test server where anyone can login and test out the latest build when they have it turned on.
    Also, they are constantly updating with us with what they are doing, they post announcements up to several times a week.

Your last question, the combat system was redone a while back and is now as close to mount and blade as you can get - it's a very cool and exciting system. Right now they are working out balancing issues but they have been doing this for at least a couple months, it's just about where it needs to be.