Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Funny, I started a thread way back about the need for a "Tribal Upkeep" system that involves putting resources into the totem to maintain it. Which is exactly what Xyson needs, but of course everyone was arguing with me about it. The system Keith outlined would make Xyson way, waaay more interesting, but it also needs a new totem system (not surprised)

Quote Originally Posted by Venciera View Post
    Funny, I started a thread way back about the need for a "Tribal Upkeep" system that involves putting resources into the totem to maintain it. Which is exactly what Xyson needs, but of course everyone was arguing with me about it. The system Keith outlined would make Xyson way, waaay more interesting, but it also needs a new totem system (not surprised)
    hey Venciera! it's nice to see you still lurk through these forums

MrDDT outlined an awesome totem decay idea that is linked in the suggestions forum, if you haven't seen it you should go check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Venciera View Post

Venciera, you are right then and right now. It was needed back then and people should have listened to you. Its been about a year since you said that. Times change people have played and know what is more needed now. You will see the same people in your topic saying they need decay (on buildings items etc) now also which were saying before they didnt want it.

After playing for 6+ months on a live server they can see now clearer that these things are needed. I have this same people. I will make suggestions based on my experiences and people are just not ready for them. They will get really upset and fight them. Then after they get there way, they start to change their minds a little. Some fully change their minds. This has been a major problem in Xsyon. You have these people crying on the forums, about "We want everything now or Im taking my ball and going home" type of attitudes and its not helpful for the long run of the game.

If this decay was in the game at the start, if strife was in at the start, and many of the other things that were said by a few people with most upset about them were in. The game would be a lot better off. No instead we have safe zones, we have unlimited resources, and bored players.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1230
    That link is another totem decay idea. (They closed down suggestions forums and moved it into this project forums) Check it out and comment please. I think its well received.

That totem decay will work well with what Keith is talking about here.

surprised to see anything combat related being brought up.
    some good discussion on the seiging aspect was done in this thread as well.

The general impasse that exists is that I don't ever see there being non-consensual warfare that involves any degree of asset destruction or takeover...and i don't ever see the non-pvp crowd agreeing for any advantage to exist for 'warring' tribes that they can not participate in without warring (thus making the act of warring pointless).

Dub I see it as a possibility. Why should someone get the save advantages as someone without also having those disadvantages?

There is a much larger niche of PvPers interested in sandbox than carebears. If they want to see the game in the 1000s of population again, and 100s online at a time, they will have to cater more to the PvPers.

I hope you are wrong, anyway.