Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Inactive leadership

Hi All,

What can a member do if the tribe leader is inactive for months ? Can tribe leadership be passed on to an active member/officer ?

Me and one other member of the tribe are still playing the game and we put a lot of effort into making the tribe area as it is now. We sure do not want to just give up on months of hard work and move on to another area, but there are some things only the tribe leader can do.

Is there something we can do about this ?

Thanks

send an email to dev support would be my suggestion.

No offense but I would hate to see me go inactive for a bit waiting for content then come back and a member has leadership and kicked everyone from the tribe and done gods knows what with it.

as a leader of the tribe you have responsibilities. If you go inactive for 6 months dont be surprised if you are not the leader anymore when you come back.

All that said, the topic is irrelevant since I joined Apache tribe now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    No offense but I would hate to see me go inactive for a bit waiting for content then come back and a member has leadership and kicked everyone from the tribe and done gods knows what with it.

No offense to you as well but if a leader goes inactive he needs to be kicked ,as a leader of a gaming community myself since 1998, I always stay active on the forums if I go inactive in the game I transfer leadership in that game to ensure they have a good leader. I just removed my leader for Xsyon as he was inactive and had zero contact with us.

You can do it my sending Jordi a ticket and he will change it.

It's the job of any leader to atleast to keep in contact with his guild even if he is inactive. We understand that people have a life, but its not the guild fault either and they should not suffer because if it. This may sound a bit harsh bit for a guild to do well you need to stay in contact with your guild at all times. A guild should have some sort of leadership around.

We had a great leader but life gets busy for some people, I plan to give the leader ship back to the person as he was a great leader and a great asset to our guild once he comes back.
    This is why I look over my community to make sure our guild does well.

That's my 2 cents anyways.

Thats great that you do that, but many tribes are inactive in Xsyon waiting for content updates. How are devs to know what you are doing on your private voice chats, webpages, forums, emails etc.

I dont think its up to the devs/guides to make the choice who they can or cant give leadership to. No where did I see the devs post or put out "If your leadership goes in active in this game the members will get control of your items in game and leadership of your tribe"

I mean how long does it take before a member can take control of a tribe? Whats "inactive" mean? Which members can do this?

I just dont see ANY reason why a member should get control of my tribe due to me or my leadership inactive. If they dont have leadership rights and cant kick the leader, then they should start a new tribe bringing any other members over that no longer choose to stay with that tribe. NOT have devs/guides make choices on who is or isnt active enough, who to give leadership to or not, unless they state before hand that inactive leaders will lose their power.

Its a pretty simple concept. Devs/Guide shouldnt be part of choice of who is or isnt a leader of a tribe. Unless the leader is banned then it should fall to the next highest ranking member.

there needs to be a way for tribes to deal with inactive leaders....

Mine is currently inactive, but I do talk to him almost daily..that said, if he decide to not return, I need a way to assume command/leadership with game mechanics.

What system should they use Deacon?

How do they know diff from "inactive because they wont play again" to "Inactive waiting for a fix"?

Also why should they choose this?

In other games Ive never seen this happen before with devs saying the leader is inactive thus they remove them.

Xsyon Citizen
    Well IF i was in a tribe and IF my leader was inactive i'd either support a mutiny or leave and create a new tribe elsewhere cause... plain and simple...

yes leadership roll should be passed down if inactive or a tribal vote.....

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Thats great that you do that, but many tribes are inactive in Xsyon waiting for content updates. How are devs to know what you are doing on your private voice chats, webpages, forums, emails etc.

I dont think its up to the devs/guides to make the choice who they can or cant give leadership to. No where did I see the devs post or put out "If your leadership goes in active in this game the members will get control of your items in game and leadership of your tribe"

I mean how long does it take before a member can take control of a tribe? Whats "inactive" mean? Which members can do this?

I just dont see ANY reason why a member should get control of my tribe due to me or my leadership inactive. If they dont have leadership rights and cant kick the leader, then they should start a new tribe bringing any other members over that no longer choose to stay with that tribe. NOT have devs/guides make choices on who is or isnt active enough, who to give leadership to or not, unless they state before hand that inactive leaders will lose their power.

Its a pretty simple concept. Devs/Guide shouldnt be part of choice of who is or isnt a leader of a tribe. Unless the leader is banned then it should fall to the next highest ranking member.

I agree not just anyone should get control of any guild, for example, I been the community leader of my guild since 98, if it was a guild that did not have a community leader, maybe have it if say up to atleast 4 members can vouch for that guy and say he can take over or what not. So again forums are useful for that so you know who you can trust. I would not want a guild just given to anyone but if a leader has not contacted there guild at all when they do have forums then they do not care about the guild nor game anymore its that simple.

I mean I understand people have lives but why should the members who are active suffer?? In xsyon alot of your hard work is lost due to this , in any other game its not a big deal.