Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    Totems should remain active ONLY for those paying the subscription fee. Being an active subscription payee should have more pull than those who are not paying subscription fee's. The active players are paying for the content NOW and the improvements. This is a pay to play game after all. No one has any idea IF any ex subscribers (Those waiting on the sidelines) will actually re-subscribe.
    I agree. Filling the world with useless totems for half a year in hope that someone might come back is kinda nonsense imo. Those people who have left in April already got their 6 months...even 8 month now. I played ATITD, and there it took 2 months for buildings to decay after the owner left the game...and that 2 months was very very long, and drove a lot of players away.

I like AndyI's idea about opening up new lands now, before advertising the game and before the free period is offered to players who have left...the new lands have been promised since launch, it's high time to finally get them. That's solves the problem of totem decay for now, and the devs will get some more time to figure out a proper solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I agree. Filling the world with useless totems for half a year in hope that someone might come back is kinda nonsense imo. Those people who have left in April already got their 6 months...even 8 month now. I played ATITD, and there it took 2 months for buildings to decay after the owner left the game...and that 2 months was very very long, and drove a lot of players away.

I like AndyI's idea about opening up new lands now, before advertising the game and before the free period is offered to players who have left...the new lands have been promised since launch, it's high time to finally get them. That's solves the problem of totem decay for now, and the devs will get some more time to figure out a proper solution.
    Of course you do because it fits your purpose. You already stated you wont be playing until there is new lands, thus you wont come back until that happens. This will make it faster.

Clearly you are very bias here (as normally you are).

Jordi said he would tell people about what was going on and give them 6 months. Why not stick to that plan? Just another change in plans you guys want to mess up the game even more for the people that bought it. Stop changing it to just how you want it and think of all the other people. Take a step back, look at it (or try) with unbias eyes and then see how would you feel if you were told you would have 6months warning when decay was coming in, and then you log in one day to find out, your stuff is all gone?

Im not sure how much you have played, but I know people who put in 100s of hours and tribes that put in 1000s of man hours into their tribe areas. That's not only underhanded by the devs, thats just unethical.

/agree Mr.DDT, you have to imagine a lot of your hours invested into the game are reflected in your tribal totem grounds, not so much in your character's stats or gear. To deprive someone of months of in-game work because of IRL issues (like myself, I have far less time to play xsyon due to RL issues) is not really fair to reduce the timer from 6months to 3. But then again my opinion is biased toward the semi-casual player :P

Why not concentrate on the other solution ? Fast totem decay is a good solution for the future problems, not right now. Opening up new lands doesn't hurt anyone, but benefits all. That was the OP's suggestion as well, if you feel hurt by fast totem decay then vote for the new lands. One of these solutions is necessary to give more place to the new players.

Why not concentrate on the other solution ? Fast totem decay is a good solution for the future problems, not right now. Opening up new lands doesn't hurt anyone, but benefits all. That was the OP's suggestion as well, if you feel hurt by fast totem decay then vote for the new lands. One of these solutions is necessary to give more place to the new players.

You should reread the first post, he talks about totem decay 2 times in there and it says:

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Seems to me it would be a good idea to turn on totem decay before inviting more people to come give it a whirl... that, or follow through on the promise of new land. I do mean the actual follow through rather than a promise of follow through on said promise.

A relatively quick initial totem decay to clear out the cobwebs is the best option imho, saving the new lands for that proverbial explosion of population some see coming.
    So that's why it got started.

About opening new lands. I fully think there is more than enough room in these lands for players once totems decay, and I would like to see the new lands opened for what they are said to be in the first place. CONTESTED AREAS!

Instead of keeping this safe zoned up lacking of rare resources and boring no contested nothing. Open up new lands with contested areas I'm all for. There is no reason to open up new areas of more of the same we have now, when there is enough stuff and places to place totems now.

There are many safe spots to place totems, and there will never be "best" spots even when people leave the current "best spots" opinions and ideas change. I think Im in the best spot. Others think they are. There is no best spots and planning to get the best spot wont work ever. You just opening up new areas to please a few people. Where are the contested areas? Work on that before opening up more lands that wont get used.

There isn't enough room, that's why this thread was started, and new players do have problems finding a good spot. Not the 'best' one, just a good one. New lands won't hurt you, so don't be that selfish without any reason.

The new lands are ready now. I will patch them out this week. I am going to hold out on clearing the mist on the public server until I'm done with redistributing resources (which is in progress right now).
    This is Jordi's post from 14th of June, 2011. Many of us were waiting for that patch which never happened. If you talk about kept promises, this is a one which was promised back in March...really time to keep it. Since they were ready 5 months ago no new work is needed, that won't mean a burden for the devs.
    And they never said that the MAIN goal of new territories was to have contested areas. If you think they did, please link. It's simply needed because players want a proper spot, not a leftover from players who don't even play just take up space.

Plus it would add a nice variety to the game...the current zones lay in a mountainous area. Under the green mist there are big open plains, players who prefer a flat landscape can find their home there.

This isn't about contested or non-contested areas, and if you're looking for a bias free discussion, please don't make it about your wants Mr DDT.

I can appreciate where Jeru is coming from. Always a great idea to keep semi-casual / busy irl players in mind as they are often a great source of income for a game. They use less bandwidth and often require less database allocation for the same sub fees as everyone else. Definitely seems like a good thing for devs/business folks to keep in mind.

On the other hand, I don't see the value in 6 months just for people who left the game. That is basically going to bring back a few players who might still care in 5 months, 15 days. They may like it this time around and stay, or they might just stop paying again for another 5 months, 15 days... all the while hampering growth.

New player may ask: "what's with all the dead totems all over the place? Makes it hard to drop one, and makes it hard to find scavenging areas away from a totem!"

Your answer? : "oh, those are players that quit 6 months ago but *might* be back 6 months from now so they don't lose anything."

New player: "but... I'm here now! I'm paying now. I like the game now and want to keep playing now... what gives?"

Your answer? : "my friends that quit 6 months ago and *might* be back in 6 months were made a promise. That's more important than the needs of new players who might actually pay sub fees in the next 6 months."

If the folks in charge think that makes sense... cool, it's their call. See ya 6 months and one day from when decay starts. Wonder if any new players in the meantime will remember to try again at that time?

good to see you guys too

There isn't enough room, that's why this thread was started, and new players do have problems finding a good spot. Not the 'best' one, just a good one. New lands won't hurt you, so don't be that selfish without any reason.

This is Jordi's post from 14th of June, 2011. Many of us were waiting for that patch which never happened. If you talk about kept promises, this is a one which was promised back in March...really time to keep it. Since they were ready 5 months ago no new work is needed, that won't mean a burden for the devs.
    And they never said that the MAIN goal of new territories was to have contested areas. If you think they did, please link. It's simply needed because players want a proper spot, not a leftover from players who don't even play just take up space.

Plus it would add a nice variety to the game...the current zones lay in a mountainous area. Under the green mist there are big open plains, players who prefer a flat landscape can find their home there.

Ive been in every zone on the map, there are tons of these places you talk about, there is even huge flat areas that are open for players to place on.

Problem is going to be the same with the new areas as there are with these areas people are going to not be happy unless they have no one near them and every resource in the game at their finger tips. This is part of what you get with safe areas. This is the problem without decay. You wanted it you got it.

Now you want to chuck aside anyone that doesnt agree with what you want, and forget them. I care about what the old players have to say, Devs said they would give them a warning before they put in decay. I see no reason NOT to stick to that.

New lands are going to be abused just like these ones are and then what? You will be happy because you got your spot? But then 10 new players will come and say the same thing "I cant find a spot" when there are 1000s of them out there.

New lands should add something new to the game not same old same old.

Jordi says a lot of things, like this is an FFA PVP game, Contested totems, Alignment systems, full looting, many more. You said before that we should suck it up or leave, now you are here doing the same thing I was saying. What do they call people that do that? I forget the word.

Anyways, I want the expansion areas myself, but I can see that it will also hurt the game. Because other more important things wont get done and people will be even more spread out. There is barely 100 or 200 people playing. The area is MORE than enough for those people.
    No carts, yet, no mounts, no faster boat travel or anything and you want have people even more spread out? I think that's really bad idea.

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    This isn't about contested or non-contested areas, and if you're looking for a bias free discussion, please don't make it about your wants Mr DDT.

I can appreciate where Jeru is coming from. Always a great idea to keep semi-casual / busy irl players in mind as they are often a great source of income for a game. They use less bandwidth and often require less database allocation for the same sub fees as everyone else. Definitely seems like a good thing for devs/business folks to keep in mind.

On the other hand, I don't see the value in 6 months just for people who left the game. That is basically going to bring back a few players who might still care in 5 months, 15 days. They may like it this time around and stay, or they might just stop paying again for another 5 months, 15 days... all the while hampering growth.

New player may ask: "what's with all the dead totems all over the place? Makes it hard to drop one, and makes it hard to find scavenging areas away from a totem!"

Your answer? : "oh, those are players that quit 6 months ago but *might* be back 6 months from now so they don't lose anything."

New player: "but... I'm here now! I'm paying now. I like the game now and want to keep playing now... what gives?"

Your answer? : "my friends that quit 6 months ago and *might* be back in 6 months were made a promise. That's more important than the needs of new players who might actually pay sub fees in the next 6 months."

If the folks in charge think that makes sense... cool, it's their call. See ya 6 months and one day from when decay starts. Wonder if any new players in the meantime will remember to try again at that time?

good to see you guys too

This is about contested and non contested areas, and it is about my wants, just as it is about yours. Make a valid case bring your points and let the chips fall.

You are pretty much saying screw the old players for the new players. Your an old player. A new player better than an old player. Ive seen just as many new players quit the game in a day or 2 as I have old players, if not more. People that put in 100s or 1000s of hours are a lot more likely to come back than these random new players you are seeing to stay.

I think contested new areas should be put in after rare resources giving people reasons to leave the old areas and into the new ones. While at the same time opening up new lands for players to go put down a totem. So decay might not need to happen because like you guys said about new areas, but right now IMO isnt the time for new areas or decay overnight and screwing these old players.

Right now focus should be on the content of the game, Zombies/mutants carts, mounts, animals taming, cooking, etc

There is tons of land for the few people playing if tons come into the game sure, but I dont see a need at all for new areas. People said this 1 week into the game, that all the good spots were taken. Heck I remember someone was saying how their spot they had planned out was taken day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Ive been in every zone on the map, there are tons of these places you talk about, there is even huge flat areas that are open for players to place on.
    I've been there too. There wasn't even ONE free good spot. There were a lot I liked, but all were taken by abandoned totems.

Problem is going to be the same with the new areas as there are with these areas people are going to not be happy unless they have no one near them and every resource in the game at their finger tips. This is part of what you get with safe areas. This is the problem without decay. You wanted it you got it.

Now you want to chuck aside anyone that doesnt agree with what you want, and forget them. I care about what the old players have to say, Devs said they would give them a warning before they put in decay. I see no reason NOT to stick to that.
    Who are you arguing with ? I said fast totem decay is a solution for the future, not for now. Ok, I elaborate it for you.
    I'm always on the "Keep your promises" side. So give a warning to old players now, and give them a 6 months decay. Let's hope at least 10% of them come back during this time. Meanwhile, since their totems takes up the space new players need open up new lands to fill the need.
    Then draw a line and tell all new and current players that if they leave the game (don't pay the subscription fee) their totem will decay in 1 month. That solves the problem for the future.

Jordi says a lot of things, like this is an FFA PVP game, Contested totems, Alignment systems, full looting, many more. You said before that we should suck it up or leave, now you are here doing the same thing I was saying. What do they call people that do that? I forget the word.
    I've never said anything like that. If you try to accuse people like this then provide some proof. So link please.
    I didn't say that because I don't agree with it. It's not like Jordi said one thing then he changed the game completely..I always said that some of you misinterpreted what he said, and thus expected a different game. He didn't lie to you so no need to 'suck up or leave'. But I know you don't agree with this, since you still believe your misinterpretation was a correct one. I have no intention to argue with you about this.

Anyways, I want the expansion areas myself, but I can see that it will also hurt the game. Because other more important things wont get done and people will be even more spread out. There is barely 100 or 200 people playing. The area is MORE than enough for those people.
    No carts, yet, no mounts, no faster boat travel or anything and you want have people even more spread out? I think that's really bad idea.
    Yay for the bold text ! Remember, the new areas were ready in June, so it won't take resources away from other important things. Carts are coming, and if someone wants to live really far from others and he enjoys being a hermit who are you to say that he shouldn't be able to do that ? Others who like company will stay in more populous areas, and guilds who have already built up their base won't move anyway. People who want company won't spread out, players who want to play on their own or with a selected group of friends will find their spot in a far away land. The game will offer options for every playstyle and that's great imo.

People are forced to live as hermits almost right now because there are so few people playing. If you are talking about living far from people that will NEVER be fixed. You can open up new lands and nothing is stopping me from moving in next door to people.

I'm not going to get involved with a word debate with you, Ive shown many times how you have been wrong over and over. You say things like well I didnt mean it like that, when I do show proof. Go look it up. Either way its meaningless what you say for it as the proof has been shown time and time again.
    Jordi has change the game completely in many different ways, why do you think so many have left and said just that? There is no debate to this.

Adding new areas are not done. Just as archery isnt done. Adding new areas is just partly done there is still more to do with it. Heck just adding a simple thing isnt even done and could crash the server. It takes time and effort away from other things.
    Right now players can be on their own easy just goto one of the edges of the map, no one will even see them. Heck players are upset because they have been talking in /s for days and no one even replies. So please take that elsewhere and try playing the game a bit more.

What is a good spot? I can find one right now. Just tell me what do you classify as "good"?