Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I already said how I would avoid that problem.I would pick a spot which is not good for a big tribe. And yes there will be times when we will have to ask for new zones...when the world will be filled with totems, just like today. You know, that's why they always planned to add new zones...they knew players will fill the world. That's only matter of time in a game with non-instanced housing.
    If you know a nice spot give me the coords please. I haven't found one.

FFA PvP is in game. Full looting is still broken ? Animal mutation is working as far as I know. New lands are more important to give space to new players, otherwise they will be frustrated and will leave the game.

DDT, I think you made your point clear. You want useless totems which have already taken up space for 8 months to stay in game 6 more months minimum, so that the players who haven't come back during this 8 months can get another 6 months minimum to make up their mind.
    At the same time, you are against of opening up new land, because...I'm not sure why. It was ready to patch out 5 months ago, and even if it needed a bit more testing it would be well worth the time.

I don't want to see another failed influx of players...after advertising the game the incoming players will leave the game in days frustrated and angry because they will find a dead-looking world filled with abandoned totems and no space to settle down.
    They need a fresh start and not the feeling that there was a game here half a year ago, but they missed the train. But thankfully its not up to you neither up to me to decide, the devs will decide which is worth more for them and which solution THEY think would benefit the game more.

I'm done arguing with you about this.

What spot is "not good" for a large tribe? That doesnt make sense you want a large junk pile right there that's more than enough for a large tribe. I dont think there is any place in this game not useable for a large tribe. Ive seen them in the mtns, near the mist, near the lake. Next to junk, on junk, no junk near, no trees near, no water near, no spawn points near, spawn points near, trees near. Everyone is different. What you call good others might call bad.

You need to play if you think that those things are working and in game.

I didnt make my point clear if you think I want useless totems in game still for 6 more months. My point is this, stick to a plan and follow it and stop changing it because of people crying. Devs made promises people make choices on those promises. Live up to them.

I would say players are leaving upset because of the dead world because its dead. Not because of unused totems even though they might say that, they are leaving because they can talk in local for days and not have a reply. Why are there few players in game? Well the content isnt there to keep them. There are 1000s of places to place totems. Get it out of your head you will have the best uber spot. Do what I did, talk to the people that are in a spot you like and ask them to move or pay them.
    I did that with 3 totems in my way for where I wanted, and 2 moved 1 person joined my tribe. Why did I want the spot? It was needed to move these people because of the 200m radius demands of a large tribe (something homesteads dont have to worry about) and I wanted the road with junk piles near it. I have zero trees as far as tree range goes. I dont have rock on my tribe lands. Just junk road and grass. I made my own water, by dropping a totem digging out water, moving my totem, waiting 6 hours and dropping another totem digging it. All the way back to my tribe.

Learn to play the game using the tools instead of crying that you there isnt a place for you. There are, but you are so used to things being changed because you whine about it how you expect it.

So he promised new lands, something came up. Heck 1/2 my tribe left because of failure of that promise. You move on. Lots of promises are being changed because of how many people whine about it for what turns out to be worse for the game.

Devs have decided. They decided to delay the new lands. So not sure what this last line here means. I could say the same to you.

Let's hear where the empty area's are. Due to events I am now looking for another tribal location. I'd thought I found a good one and I then placed a totem. When I logged on my alt and brought him to the selected location I discovered it was actually a very bad location due to other totems nearby that almost blocked off access to water. Not to mention the clean area I'd been looking at earlier was seriously depleted of resources now. This 'BUG' is really making me mad now as my main was at the new location and scavenging for several hours before bringing over the alt.

The six month window should start the minute someone cancel's their account. There is no good reason this game should look like SWG with it's abandoned structure overhead that took SOE years to kinda take care of.

As I stated before I really don't care about players who quit because of this or that. They are not paying customer's and those of us who are really deserve a better deal than those who are waiting in the wings(Supposedly).

There is no reason to try to save something for those who quit. Xyson is not a game for everyone. A lot of people quit because they wanted to be able to gankfest others as they do in other games like DF or MO. When they found out that was not gonna happen they left, and good riddance. Those same people who quit spread the bad news and other news spread like wildfire at all of the rpg sites and forums. They might or might not be back.

It's easy to be fair to old players who quit. Sending warning emails for 6 weeks. Give them a free pass to play without fees, with a deadline. If they don't login by the deadline, kill the totem.

I've seen this work in other games. It would work here, and be fair to everyone. The only exception would be those out on military leave, etc. They could have a system to request extended leave.

Xsyon Citizen
    Actually wandering around the last days, I found that the Xsyon world now looks much more "post apocalyptic" as before ... lots of disbanded places, buildings and half setup tribe spaces ... deserted and dead. Gives the world a much richer atmosphere that way...

On the other hand there is the issue with "protected" land ... which is annoying and hindering and not very "post apocalyptic". My suggestion would be to just keep the "protection" if you add resources to the totem (up keeping), tribes not up keeping their land would continually loose their protection and new players (or active once) could salvage the resources that were left behind from people that left or moved to a better place ...

Same should be true for the tons of baskets that are filled with materials which are lost forever - convert them to "junk piles" or just make them (gradually) available for everyone.

IMO its a problem of decay and what it means for the (software) system ... decaying > 100.000 objects is a foremost technical problem, it has to be pressed into the 1 hour down time each day, which is also used to spawn new creatures, spawn new trees, grow the grass and so on ... that s probably also true for the ever-burning fireplaces

All in all I believe that Jordy is aware of all these issues and they will be dealt with, when more immediate problems are solved and the features he wants in the game are stable.

How many of the active tribes actually have their total number of tribesmen actively playing? These large tribes are controlling large sections of land with a few active members.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    How many of the active tribes actually have their total number of tribesmen actively playing? These large tribes are controlling large sections of land with a few active members.
    answer to the first part of your question is that most likely the majority of any tribe that is larger than 20+ (20 is what it takes to start a tribe) is not active.

to comment on your last part, most large tribes that still have a few actives are most likely hoping that the game will pick up so that recruiting can happen like at launch.

It only take one to start a tribe currently. I have setup a solo tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Drubchen View Post
    It only take one to start a tribe currently. I have setup a solo tribe.
    it takes 1 person to start a Homestead, I know it say's tribe in game - but it's a homestead.

to start a tribe is 20 people minimum.

DDT it is you that is causing the arguments. You constantly try to nit pick everything anyone says. Talk about OCD. Chill. You're the only person that seems to be saying your way or the highway by virtue of shouting down others opinions as if they are wrong all the time. Nothing Jadzia has said is wrong in regard to the new lands. These opinions are just as valid as any other opinion on any other feature. There is a world of difference between someone saying they disagree and labouring a point and causing an argument, he said she said, pointless and argumentative.

The happy medium I was talking about was letting people log in even with inactive accounts once a month. If people choose to do so to keep thier totems alive whilst awaiting new features then they can. It also allows for stress testing on those days. The company has everyones emails and if they send one out announcing thier intentions and if people don't read it then so be it. Six months is no longer necessary. How long have we been in game? Doing this would allow the devs to also guage how many accounts are truely dead and 3 months from now we'd have a cleaner environment. What's so wrong with that? some may not like it but it solves the problem and sooner rather than later.

Having this debate every month before starting the six months just puts us further and further from a day when we have a solution. I'd personally like to see 2 months for decay but hey ho, can't have everything.

As for the new lands, it was a promised feature. I based my tribe position upon that patch and I have yet to build a permanent camp. So I'm disadvantaged by the lack of follow through on that promised feature as are others. What's so wrong in asking that, that promise be fulfilled. Nothing at all. And don't even get me started on tree planting or the lack thereof and the fact that because I'm in a clear cut area I can never have trees again until that feature is also in. Either of those two features and I'd be happier but right now we have neither. That's my opinion and people can choose to agree or disagree, simples. Many of the other feaures don't affect me nearly as much as those two.

tomduril, I really like the idea of losing the protection on the land but as you say baskets are an issue and it won't matter unless the baskets also revert to public as the owners wont be logged in so protection loss alone is meaningless. In order to make it even fairer the baskets could revert to public a month after the land loses it's protection and baskets then decay quicker than normal (the planned decay rate).

There are lots of things that could be done to fix these issues, someone just needs to pick one, preferably before many of those left decide to give up too and then there will be even fewer people than we have now.