Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    alright i seen alot of useless threads about complaints that really dont matter. But seriously this 1? ya really gonna nit pick at this one? Here, Id like to remind DDT, this very same thing he does not like, Was used to temp ban him awhile back due to his actions. This system is inplace to prevent harrassment of other players. Also that nifty EULA ya accepted says it their, You shouldnt have accepted it, if ya didnt like it, Rag, kill the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    alright i seen alot of useless threads about complaints that really dont matter. But seriously this 1? ya really gonna nit pick at this one? Here, Id like to remind DDT, this very same thing he does not like, Was used to temp ban him awhile back due to his actions. This system is inplace to prevent harrassment of other players. Also that nifty EULA ya accepted says it their, You shouldnt have accepted it, if ya didnt like it, Rag, kill the thread.
    Never would have thought had to worry about GMs or Developers giving out information that was said in private messages to other players. Now seeing other players that think its not important to bring these matters up.

Always something new on the internet.

So it's been almost a week... no word from the devs on whether or not this will continue. It's getting harder and harder for me to want to keep playing after the way the devs have handled this. Haven't played since this has happened. I just have no motivation to do so anymore. Why would I when I have to put in effort for something that others get spoon fed to them?

Like I said, where is the line drawn?

Do devs not understand that you influencing/effecting game play in ANY WAY on the live server will kill your game automatically? You just cannot have devs doing this. Like I said, now that I know it happens, where is the line drawn?

Why should I keep playing this game knowing that in the future devs can (and I have no reason to think they won't after what has happened) read PMs and share it with others. Why should I keep playing when they are influencing game play inside the live game world? Even with the minimal pvp environment we have now, there are problems with information being shared. Can you see how bad this issue will affect the game if it were to come to light DURING contested pvp? Can you imagine a dev changing the out come of a battle or something? They certainly can, they can be invisible (not stealth but invis), invincible and can damage you. I've had it happen to me. Just something to think about.

You do know the primary reason why devs don't have dev accounts on live servers in other games right? It's because nobody want to see a dev playing their own game in the live world, ESPECIALLY when they are playing a dev char not a normal char.

Oh well, this will continue, devs will make new chars that don't have dev powers (like guides have to do) so nobody will know they are a dev. Then the same old shenanigans will continue. There is no way to stop it. I'm just glad I had the chance to find out the kind of people we are dealing with instead of continuing to play the game while dev favoritism and effect on live game play continues.

In fact, it's just downright disgusting the way people in general have responded here. It's like they see nothing wrong with any of this.

Norcal, a guide responded within 30 minutes of your very first post.

Several people have explained why every game out there has to log / monitor chat. As I mentioned, even in games like Battlefield 3 that do not have 1 centralized server, every single sponsored server logs and monitors chats. There is nothing unusual about this.

Perhaps part of the reason you are not seeing the outrage you might have expected is because what you guys are saying is rather vague and hard to pin down. For example, I've re-read your original post. It talks about "discovering" things you may not want to share with the world.
    This is completely different than what DDT brought up, which turned out to be hypotheticals that never even happened. No offense meant, not looking for an argument, just calling it as I see it.

Before I took my last break, you were in another tribe somewhere to the East. I came by and checked out your place, which was quite an architectural feat in progress. You've clearly enjoyed the game very much in the past, even enough to make a great beginner tutorial / guide. I'm not sure what's happened since then, but I hope you'll distance yourself from whatever is causing you these headaches and get back to enjoying the game. It would be a shame to lose you and for you to lose your enthusiasm just when the going will be getting good. Get back to the happy side of gooey.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Norcal, a guide responded within 30 minutes of your very first post.

Several people have explained why every game out there has to log / monitor chat. As I mentioned, even in games like Battlefield 3 that do not have 1 centralized server, every single sponsored server logs and monitors chats. There is nothing unusual about this.

Perhaps part of the reason you are not seeing the outrage you might have expected is because what you guys are saying is rather vague and hard to pin down. For example, I've re-read your original post. It talks about "discovering" things you may not want to share with the world.
    This is completely different than what DDT brought up, which turned out to be hypotheticals that never even happened. No offense meant, not looking for an argument, just calling it as I see it.

Before I took my last break, you were in another tribe somewhere to the East. I came by and checked out your place, which was quite an architectural feat in progress. You've clearly enjoyed the game very much in the past, even enough to make a great beginner tutorial / guide. I'm not sure what's happened since then, but I hope you'll distance yourself from whatever is causing you these headaches and get back to enjoying the game. It would be a shame to lose you and for you to lose your enthusiasm just when the going will be getting good. Get back to the happy side of gooey.
    he was fine with everything about the game until he joined up with ddt, it was like a night/day difference in his attitude imo.

Do you really complain about Dev's beeing able to read the logs. You know you play there PROGRAMM. And do you really complain about stuff you found out...you know they MADE the game and probably know that anyways lol....wtf is this

Greetings,

This situation has now been resolved.
    We have looked at the chat logs to determine if foul play was used.
    There was no evidence that any Guide/Developer gave any information that would in anyway give an advantage to another player over another.

If we had found any evidence of foul play, we would indeed of taken very serious action against any member of staff proven to of done so.

Again, I must make this very clear...
    If you suspect any member of staff, or player of Foul Play, that cannot be resolved in-game by a member of the Guide team, then please use the emails below as you first port of call.

Of course if you feel a complaint has not been met with a satisfactory level, you will make a public complaint, however your first port of call should be any of the following emails.

Abuse
    Or
    Support

Thank you.