From what I understand there will be a separate free trial server, however I think with some limitations they would get a better experience from not being segregated.

The purpose of the limitations is to prevent exploiting with free trial accounts.

1. Cannot drop a totem on a free trial account.
2. Free trial accounts do not count towards tribe radius.
3. When a free trial ends if the player has not subscribed the character is deleted (could give a few day's grace period for this)
4. Limit max free trial accounts per IP. (3 would be enough imo)

To entice people to subscribe before their trial ends do it like EVE does where if you sub before your trial is over then you get the 30 day's that comes with your account after you purchase plus however many day's are left on your free trial. (paying for the game would remove the free trial limitations)

If you can think of anything else that would makes sense to block please post here.

I know people are going to complain about free trials cutting trees down as alts, however I think the ratio to free trials/upgrade would be much lower if they are put on a server where everyone is less than 2 weeks. They will not really get to experience the game and what you can do on a separate server imo.

Free trials should be based more on the players experience than what the minority of players will do with free trial alts, with the proper limitations exploiting can be avoided as much as possible.