I'm pretty sure this has already been mentioned, but I'll suggest it anyway just in case... I think the game could really use some form of a compass system, if for no other reason than to know which way is north.

I started off in Round Hill and quickly began exploring the surrounding area, only to realize that I wasn't really sure how to get back to where I had started. I eventually decided to follow a flowing river back to the lake. Normally I would just glance up at the sky for direction, but in the winter time when the sky is cloudy, it makes getting one's bearing nigh impossible.

I have spent a fair amount of time camping and orienteering in RL, so I can appreciate the realness of the current system. However, I can also see how this could cause problems in the future. A simple compass that points north would work wonders for the exploration aspect of the game. It would also help when you're trying to meet up with friends. If adding a compass to the UI isn't ideal, how about making a craftable compass?

These are just a few suggestions, but I believe they would greatly enhance gameplay. Any thoughts on this?