Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @ sparklingshores. You are delusional. Thats all!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    These 3 things are in game already. So why isnt it just blowing up with people if its all it really needs?
    Let me just tell you the problem with these 3 things and why they do nothing without other aspects.
    Pretty much all Im going to say on this topic as clearly sparkingshores you dont care to drop the cash on a game to even see how it really is before trying to tell others how it should be.
    Xyson might not be exploding with players, but it's surviving. As you and others have said, griefing has been kept down to a minimum due to low population and various other reasons. Like: most players keep their luxuries inside the tribe - and things can always be re-acquired. My bet is if griefing goes up markedly then the chances Xyson will continue to survive are remote.

What you need to understand is that conflict by itself is probably not something that can be removed since it's in our DNA to desire it. However, conflict FROM PLAYERS is a whole different matter than conflict from non-players. This is what I said to you in my last post when I said that Xyson should limit itself more to non-player conflict than to PvP. Even then, it should be tolerable amounts.

And... It's not my fault if there's nothing fresh and new to see when you explore. That's the job of the developer(s) to ensure that there're things to find that're fun and interesting. More resources, more kinds of trees, more kinds of creatures, new behaviors, new topology (caves, for example), more kinds of buildings and structures, more kinds of social order, new physics, more 'kinds'...

I may not have bought this game yet, but I am a potential new player. What people think outside Xyson is important because if Xyson cannot grab anybody outside Xyson then Xyson will not survive.

This attitude that open-PvP (especially) is good for a game is just not true. People on here (some anyway) say proudly that it's full-loot pvp argmaggedon. That's what I am here to address. I shouldn't have to. Even a monkey could understand by examining the popularity of open-PvP in MMORPGs. Virtually -all- applications of pvp are restricted-PvP precisely because players gank and hack and kill mercilessly. Without law and order enforced from on high, players destroy each other.

And i frequented the darkfall forums for many years and time and time again saw how players begged for more pvp and more destruction, while the developers tried to go in the other direction. But the developers were too late. The damage had already been done. It couldn't be salvaged.

I've seen this for yeasr and years and years in many different games.

Doesn't matter if you wrap up a human in virtual armor and weapons, the player is still a human and humans, underneath the exterior of their costume, are creatures of destruction.

The ONLY thing Xyson has that makes it special is hte abilty to terraform and build where you wnat to build and the animals and the trees and potential variety. THATS ALL. Sorry to say. (Most mmorpgs are nothing more than static theme-parks that lead you by a carrot.) That's the direction it should be going if it wants to stay special. Going in the pvp direction is going backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by sparklingshores View Post
    Xyson might not be exploding with players, but it's surviving. As you and others have said, griefing has been kept down to a minimum due to low population and various other reasons. Like: most players keep their luxuries inside the tribe - and things can always be re-acquired. My bet is if griefing goes up markedly then the chances Xyson will continue to survive are remote.

What you need to understand is that conflict by itself is probably not something that can be removed since it's in our DNA to desire it. However, conflict FROM PLAYERS is a whole different matter than conflict from non-players. This is what I said to you in my last post when I said that Xyson should limit itself more to non-player conflict than to PvP. Even then, it should be tolerable amounts.

And... It's not my fault if there's nothing fresh and new to see when you explore. That's the job of the developer(s) to ensure that there're things to find that're fun and interesting. More resources, more kinds of trees, more kinds of creatures, new behaviors, new topology (caves, for example), more kinds of buildings and structures, more kinds of social order, new physics, more 'kinds'...

I may not have bought this game yet, but I am a potential new player. What people think outside Xyson is important because if Xyson cannot grab anybody outside Xyson then Xyson will not survive.

This attitude that open-PvP (especially) is good for a game is just not true. People on here (some anyway) say proudly that it's full-loot pvp argmaggedon. That's what I am here to address. I shouldn't have to. Even a monkey could understand by examining the popularity of open-PvP in MMORPGs. Virtually -all- applications of pvp are restricted-PvP precisely because players gank and hack and kill mercilessly. Without law and order enforced from on high, players destroy each other.

And i frequented the darkfall forums for many years and time and time again saw how players begged for more pvp and more destruction, while the developers tried to go in the other direction. But the developers were too late. The damage had already been done. It couldn't be salvaged.

Doesn't matter if you wrap up a human in virtual armor and weapons, the player is still a human and humans, underneath the exterior of their costume, are creatures of destruction.

The ONLY thing Xyson has that makes it special is hte abilty to terraform and build where you wnat to build and the animals and the trees and potential variety. THATS ALL. Sorry to say. (Most mmorpgs are nothing more than static theme-parks that lead you by a carrot.) That's the direction it should be going if it wants to stay special. Going in the pvp direction is going backwards.
    Why don't you play the game before passing judgement. You cannot say the things you say without playing it. otherwise you're just being an annoying troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Why don't you play the game before passing judgement. You cannot say the things you say without playing it. otherwise you're just being an annoying troll.
    I remember when another member of our community said the samething to another person who has left recently, and got yelled at for it. And he said it nicer than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    I remember when another member of our community said the samething to another person who has left recently, and got yelled at for it. And he said it nicer than you.
    Actually, I am a nice person.

Not sure if you're disagreeing with me or not though?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Actually, I am a nice person.

Not sure if you're disagreeing with me or not though?
    Not disagreeing with you in one bit. Just pointing out how its ironic that when someone else said the samething maybe two weeks ago to someone else they got flames for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sparklingshores View Post

Being a new Developer in the industry myself, and a gamer for nearly 30 years, I can say PVP is a must in nearly all games inlcuding games like WOW, when you say people should be lead by a carrot that is totally incorrect, older games like myself, do not like that at all and older games where like that, NOT all gamers want there hand held nor shouldn't, also people are sick of WOW clones so they play games like Darkfall, Xsyon and even Mortal online.. When people say this games fail, make me laugh because I know when I make a game I do not make it to make a million, because if I did I would be making games I hate and be like EA and be a money Whore.

So a game like Xsyon is NOT for everyone Jordi has made this game in his head since he was a kid and wanted it to be reality he has big plans, he also does not have to worry about a publisher up his arse, so he can do what he wants but in reality he has a tiny team so this stuff will take time , I mean have you ever modeled anything, textured it and unwrapped even a sword, or a bullcrap asset??? I would say No, it can takes days, weeks depending on how much detail , so this stuff is gonna take time is where I'm getting at. This game needs some sort of Conflict, its a sandbox/open world, and if he changes what he wanted from day 1 which he wouldn't and I wouldn't this game would be a mess. He can listen to his player base, but this does not mean he needs to add eveyrthing they say, he can add stuff based on his orignal plan and add to it , which is the stuff I do and we do all the time with game play and mechanics. But to fully scrap what he wanted in the first place is not always a good idea unless it was a terrible idea in the first place and he realized it.

This game needs more time to develop the content that he wanted in the first place, right now building your base has no meaning and by stating what your saying would be the same as it is, which is useless we need the PVP for this, I understand players are scared of open world PVP because they are in fact used to Themeparks where if you lost your items there EPic based items where you go from raiding and are hard to replace, well sand box's its not the same if you lose something its easy to replace.. but I understand though, we need some form of consequences when killing people over and over or even the same person because ganking can get old, but to get rid of conflict would be the death of this game.

This game needs a reason to trade , explore and such, right now there is no real reason and its been like this since day 1, Jordi and his team have been bug fixing for some time, and I understand why and to explain it would be a waste of time because 90% of the players base wouldn't care or understand so I'm not gonna bother, alls I will say is be patience and if you have not bought the game then either try it when we have a trial or wait.Because this is smaller team and it will take time and they do not have the funds that EA or Funcom have so I have faith that Jordi and team will build us a game that we will enjoy in time, thats why I support him because I understand what he is doing because I do it in smaller scale every day myself..

Quote Originally Posted by jefferysauto View Post
    So a game like Xsyon is NOT for everyone Jordi has made this game in his head since he was a kid.
    So he wanted Riverworld?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfs-BotdsVw

@ jefferysauto.

Good post, Sir.!!!