Hello! First off, let me introduce myself. I am CouldntDeal. I guess I would just like to get my ideas out someway, so here I go.
(*Note: Some features may already be in play, I'm just adding everything in a ball)

Hydration and Hunger so that players who like to farm can do so, with purpose. Help feed the village. Fresh water (Flowing) must be gathered for the village, no drinking still water (I've played Oregon Trail. You don't want dysentery). Everything is the game can be crafted. So crafting is a primary thing. Say you actually have a couple people in your village, awesome great. Now what? Gather some wood, kill a bear for hide/food. Use the hide for clothes, food for... well, food. Also, taming system would be nice. "Whoa guys! A Random Yak has appeared!" *CouldntDeal used Tame* "It's super effective!" Then now I have a yak. Say I tamed a Male and Female yak. Now they can breed, and I can kill some off If I needed food. Also, now I can keep them in my Farm/Ranch area in our village. Oh, say we wanted to travel... Boom bust out some wood, craft a wagon. Awh man, I don't want to pull this wagon... Bam grab the Yak. Attach that bad boy to the wagon. Now you can travel. Your buddies can ride on it as well. Oh, and you can also fill that thing up with some items you scavenge.

What if you don't like Farming/Ranging? Psh, go Mining for your village. Bring back raw material. Maybe be able to craft gold and silver coins for your village alone. Make some sort of currency among yourself. Granted, it may not be worth anything to anyone else in their village, but in yours... it can. Also, this allows players in the village to make new buildings. Shops if you will. The Armor smith can now trade stuff for material, make armors, and sell/trade it to allied players, or tribal players. Same goes with weapon smith. Gatherers can go out and grab Dyes from plants, wood/mining materials ect. Righteous. Hm back to that wagon thing again... Load that sucker up with a bunch of stuff your tribe has crafted, bring it on over to a nearby tribe. (Now we're thinking with trading. You might want to bring some body guards as well. You never know.) See if you want to trade. Or, go to the nearest tribe with an empty wagon, and fill it with the nearest tribes resources. I don't care what you do, that'd be badass.

Now, what would be another thing I find that would be incredibly amazing, would be ships. With Ocean as well. No skill requirement to craft a ship, just a balls ton of resources. And I mean a lot of resources. So that tribes can work hard for their ships. This allows piracy, along with fishing, or mass fishing with nets, that could be made out of rope, which is made out of hemp, which is grown on a farm. See where I'm going with this? If you catch a bunch of fish, and have too much. Trade it for something else? Or just keep it in your stockpile. A game like this is truly open ended, and easy to play around with for a good gaming experience.

Now, again, these are just my thoughts and opinions, feel free to change them up as much as you want. But think about how fun that would be.

Sorry about the wall of text! But thanks for reading!

- CouldntDeal