Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by dem1urge View Post
    Why should finding cones with seeds be so much more difficult? IRL I can walk out into Lake Tahoe and find cones with seeds very easily.
    If you talk about RL, tree seeds need a stratification process, (there are lot's of variations of stratification needs depending on the type of seed) they need 90-120 days of freezing weather and/or 90-100 days of warm weather before they will even sprout roots and that's if they don't rot in the ground first.

    Also, pine cones don't even drop seeds unless they get really hot first from a forest fire.

    Finding seeds imo should be a little harder and I agree with tom - it should be more like how you find flint and obsidian and make seeds actually worth something.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegion View Post
    If you talk about RL, tree seeds need a stratification process, (there are lot's of variations of stratification needs depending on the type of seed) they need 90-120 days of freezing weather and/or 90-100 days of warm weather before they will even sprout roots and that's if they don't rot in the ground first.

    Also, pine cones don't even drop seeds unless they get really hot first from a forest fire.

    Finding seeds imo should be a little harder and I agree with tom - it should be more like how you find flint and obsidian and make seeds actually worth something.

    I agree with this, and make other process into it. Like fixing up the ground in prep for planting. Using tools like a rake/hoe/shovel.

    Make other factors also like, using watering, and other things for the first few days (or in game weeks). These things will allow you to raise the QL of the tree too. So all can be effected by forestry skill. Then have it after its 1/2 life you can use saws (not old saw blade types but those dagger and axe saws) to prune the trees to growing healthy.

    These things add favor and tasks to the game that make people want to be farmers and foresters. Make these a trade not just a random skill with a seed drop.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  3. #13
    Have to agree on the new icons, don't like em much. Way to WoWish and takes away from the gritty apocalyptic feel of the game. Also agree we need to differentiate the status bars somehow; rearranging, enlarging, or coloring specific bars.

    I think finding seeds should be more of a gamble than a gaurantee and with a little more randomness on the number found.
    I don't think we need to go as far as weeding and mulching and pruning, but maybe watering and fertilizing could speed up the growing process.
    Why bother with quality level for the cones, as the seed extracting seems to be based on gathering skill? I get Very High seeds from poor and low cones. Seeds straight from the gound use Forestry and are low, however.
    Not really keen on the Resource skill. Seems like just another mindless grind skill just to get back to the point where we were before. There is nothing new, or fun, or rewarding about it. Since only "ground" resources (stone, sand, quartz, etc.) isn't it really more like mining or quarrying rather than generic "Resources"?

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Have to agree on the new icons, don't like em much. Way to WoWish and takes away from the gritty apocalyptic feel of the game. Also agree we need to differentiate the status bars somehow; rearranging, enlarging, or coloring specific bars.

    I think finding seeds should be more of a gamble than a gaurantee and with a little more randomness on the number found.
    I don't think we need to go as far as weeding and mulching and pruning, but maybe watering and fertilizing could speed up the growing process.
    Why bother with quality level for the cones, as the seed extracting seems to be based on gathering skill? I get Very High seeds from poor and low cones. Seeds straight from the gound use Forestry and are low, however.
    Not really keen on the Resource skill. Seems like just another mindless grind skill just to get back to the point where we were before. There is nothing new, or fun, or rewarding about it. Since only "ground" resources (stone, sand, quartz, etc.) isn't it really more like mining or quarrying rather than generic "Resources"?
    Resources include a few more things than just stone, like sand, tar. Im sure there are more that I cant think of right now and Im sure that other things will be added later on. From an objective standpoint, foraging was tied to masonry as a gathering skill and that was rather silly, fixed now so I wont complain that I recently lvled foraging so I could get better stone (OMFG). Ye know, its mostly a classification and a balance issue.

  5. #15
    I like that new change really.

    Resource gathering should be a skill, and was needed. I again think tools should be part of this process. You want rocks? Use a pick. You want grass? Use a rake, or something. You want sand? Use a shovel. You want twigs? Use a knife. You want branches? Use an axe.

    Bring more stuff into play here, making the game more using tools and crafting. Build the econ up.

    I would like to also see cross skills. EI you use foraging to speed up your resource gathering speed. Use logging to speed up getting branches. etc. I think you get the idea.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  6. #16
    Greetings Everyone!

    Please continue this thread just the way you are, in the meantime I'm going to move this to the developer section of the forums.
    Great Ideas!

    Thank you.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I like that new change really.

    Resource gathering should be a skill, and was needed. I again think tools should be part of this process. You want rocks? Use a pick. You want grass? Use a rake, or something. You want sand? Use a shovel. You want twigs? Use a knife. You want branches? Use an axe.

    Bring more stuff into play here, making the game more using tools and crafting. Build the econ up.

    I would like to also see cross skills. EI you use foraging to speed up your resource gathering speed. Use logging to speed up getting branches. etc. I think you get the idea.

    I think this makes so much sense, especially the part requiring tools to get resources.
    The truth will set you free....but first it will realy piss you off !!

  8. #18
    1. Its alright... I liked the old one better. This one is far too unorganized.
    2. Agree
    3. Agree
    4. Agree

    "Make other factors also like, using watering, and other things for the first few days (or in game weeks). These things will allow you to raise the QL of the tree too. So all can be effected by forestry skill. Then have it after its 1/2 life you can use saws (not old saw blade types but those dagger and axe saws) to prune the trees to growing healthy."

    +1

  9. #19
    UI
    Like the artwork style of the bottom hotbar,
    Dislike the cartoon skill/action etc buttons doesnt fit with the games styling.
    Dislike removal of co-ordinates from bottom bar as map now needs to remain open while Terraforming and numbers on map are smaller to read.
    If you were spending time sorting UI you should have done something with the chat box like ability to resize instead.
    Dislike heath bars, they are unclear at a glance which is not good for combat.
    Dislike having to rearrange UI every login.

    Forestry
    Like that we can now plant trees.
    Dislike its another rightclick mundane system, its more like a “guide power” to spawn trees we have been given rather than proper system (can i have the equivalent but for animals please j/k :P)
    Dislike lack of use of tools we seem to have super powered hands which can collect everything, from sap, to rock etc.
    Example sap could require a bucket and a hatchet to collect (this is how it used to be done IRL, now its some sort of pump system, anyways) the method depends how useful sap actually is ingame but im just using this as an example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Luthais
    http://www.xsyonmercs.com
    Ur ye Scottish? A um. Ye ken ur a true Scot if ye can properly pronounce Ecclefechan,Auchtermuchty and Aufurfuksake. Yer used tae 4 seasons in wan day. Ye kin faw aboot pished wioot spilling yer drink. Ye kin make hael sentences jist wi swear wurds. Ye know irn bru is a hang-er cure. Ye actually understawn this message

  10. #20
    Just wanted to say I thought planting trees would take more effort as well. It makes me wonder if agriculture (when we get it way down the road) will be the same. Surely a corn field won't just be a bunch of right clicking on un-prepared ground.

    Glad we get to regrow forests now though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •