Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen

Feedback on new patch - Tree planting

I am not sure this is the right place to do something like that - just wanted to comment on the new system. / Not commenting on the stability of the client /

1) I like the new interface - looks great and still has the "known" feel to it
    2) Getting cones/seeds: I like the idea and the implementation of the idea
    3) Planting trees: solid idea, solid implementation
    4) Balancing: its way to easy now - and i mean like 800% to easy! - finding cones near trees should be the same chance as finding "obsidian" on granite - no idea what you need needles for - but a similar system like granite flint/obsidian/quartz would be appropiate (with same rates)
    - Planting trees should succeed at the rate that foraging/scavenging does ... so with skill (forestry) 100 every 2-3 time and with skill 5 about every 15-20 try - using up the seed of course !!!
    New trees should not have any cones/sap ... those should be spawned after the tree has grown (5-7 days IMHO).

I hope that the current rates (finding and success) are to enable the players to stress test the system and to replant areas that were cut clean - but in 5-7 days the values should be adapted IMHO.

Great work all in all - and its really nice to see the progress you DEVs put in the game!!!

Thank you!

1. I don't like the new UI at all see this: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1326
    2. agreed
    3. agreed
    4. agreed

I pretty much agree with everything tom say's above I just don't like the new UI

1) UI bars need different colors
    2)agreed
    3)agreed
    4) agreed but 2-3 days should be the time for a tree to fully grow

Quote Originally Posted by miyagi View Post
    4) agreed but 2-3 days should be the time for a tree to fully grow
    I don't agree with that at all, if you want instant trees go to where the trees already are, tree planting is not meant to give us easy mode.

1) I agree with Shadow and Miyagi, UI colors need to be differentiated by color
    2) Good concept, wish that subtle details like baby trees dropped in twigs dont produce new seeds.
    3) Agree for the most part, however it could have required some tools to make it more interactive. Use shovels and water to tend to the saplings.
    4) 100% agree with the balancing, there are some major details that got overlooked with level caps, easy of xp and no diminishing gains on upper-level experience. It would also be nice to see what quality sapling you've planted. Maybe make the saplings interactable like boulders and mature trees?

I agree overall a great step to immersion ingame and a great way to assist the Tahoe Area in reforestation. Maybe now we can take a closer look at tree spawning and see if its still a viable option with all these new foresters around. Definetely need some balancing with both factors.

Xsyon Citizen
    1) Agree they need to make some changes to the bars. Colouring or even putting them in groups so we can move them around and be able to see our fatigue bar easier.
    2) Agree - you should not be able to get cones or seeds from newly planted trees
    3) at first I was skeptic but after seen the trees growing in our area, love it now.. Looks amazing.
    4) I agree, they need to make it a bit harder I can see this getting out of hand.

I think they should have made it more interactive. Maybe digging down once to plant tree or requiring dirt and water to get it started. They could have made it more interactive, right now it just seems like they threw it in for the hell of it.

Haven't had a chance to mess around with it yet but do have one big concern lurking over my head at the moment...

If after planting a new tree, the ground around it becomes forest ground, ie. branches and twigs.... will this be used by the more annoying folks to get rid of all the grass?
    Hate to say it but I could see some people using this just to be a serious nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    4) Balancing: its way to easy now - and i mean like 800% to easy! - finding cones near trees should be the same chance as finding "obsidian" on granite - no idea what you need needles for - but a similar system like granite flint/obsidian/quartz would be appropiate (with same rates)
    - Planting trees should succeed at the rate that foraging/scavenging does ... so with skill (forestry) 100 every 2-3 time and with skill 5 about every 15-20 try - using up the seed of course !!!
    Why should finding cones with seeds be so much more difficult? IRL I can walk out into Lake Tahoe and find cones with seeds very easily. Planting trees shouldn't be any harder -- trees can grow anywhere there are nutrients and an anchor point. And, those are all over the Lake Tahoe area. Granted, the environment has 'changed' because Tahoe is no longer the Tahoe I know and love... well, not exactly, anyway.

New trees should not have any cones/sap ... those should be spawned after the tree has grown (5-7 days IMHO).
    I agree with this one. I'm sure it's just a detail that was overlooked. I would take this a step further and not allow cones proliferation under after the tree has become a full adult. 5-7 days would equate to roughly 1/2 a season which, IMO, isn't realistic at all (I know, it's only a game, but still...). On the other hand, this could be explained with the 'mutant' idea: After the apocalypse, the trees to survive where the ones with the higher reproductive rates, thus they 'seed' earlier in their life cycles.

Great work all in all - and its really nice to see the progress you DEVs put in the game!!!
    Yes, indeed, very good work. I just wish all the crashing and patching issues hadn't happened. Oh well, bad stuff happening equals more experience under the belt(s). Now we need grass seeds! )

1) I like the new interface - looks great and still has the "known" feel to it
    2) Getting cones/seeds: I like the idea and the implementation of the idea
    3) Planting trees: solid idea, solid implementation
    1) Hate the ui. Skill-icons looks cheap and cartoonish. Green bars are just too close too eachother and some are not in a logical order. Was absolutely fine on old ui and I have a hard time finding out why this was changed, only chat box needed work (and that havn't been changed). Not able to see zone and position anymore unless you have the minimap open made me laugh ... or cry.

2+3) Was promised long time ago.

4) Agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by severin View Post
    1) Hate the ui. Skill-icons looks cheap and cartoonish. Green bars are just too close too eachother and some are not in a logical order. Was absolutely fine on old ui and I have a hard time finding out why this was changed, only chat box needed work (and that havn't been changed). Not able to see zone and position anymore unless you have the minimap open made me laugh ... or cry.
    Same......