Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    I don't really know about this emailing thing... do people really want game design run by committee?

I mean, UI changes is one thing. Fundamental mechanics, I might rather leave that to the devs personally.

Feedback on tweaks sure, like there was for maintenance times. You don't email players to see if there should be or not be maint. times.

You take things into account when a segment of the population isn't satisfied but at the end of the day, we all bought the game from NG, not AcmePlayerDecidingClusterF Company.

I think he is getting more of a feel of what his fan base wants.

I agree overall most people make bad choices.

Ok people have seriously got to stop with this "upkeep will be another job" arguement. It does not stick.

We allready craft huge volumes of items that are simply discarded, everyone who wants to progress beyond gathering professions has to do that. My idea works to create a sink for these items, it wont feel as bloody futile as it does now if those items can actually be used to fuel totems and it wont be ány different than it is now, anyone who is not capped out in every craft still make items that are ultimately just trash.

Last answers of the week, I asked if there were current any plans to make use of these items and they said "no, we had an idea but our database couldnt handle it". So how about this? Its 2 annoying flies with 1 swat.

It might be an idea if we post a comprehensive description of each our revised totem decay/upkeep ideas and then if Dezgard isent completly set on a solution he can gather inspiration from those suggestions. There is a lot of good wholesome brainstorming in this, for my part I would most of all just like there to be a system that is fair to everyone.

Well, I certainly hope the 18 people left in my former tribe are notified...they're waiting for more of the promised features mentioned on xsyon site. They sit patiently in the wings, playing other games, until this one will meet their needs. They made the initial investment in faith only to be dissappointed, dont punish them for having high hope at the start. If they fail to come back after notification and set period of time, then yes, they probably wont be back and move on. Farming crops, animal raising and cooking were a few of their biggest wishes. Trees wont fill the bill for planting. Let's hope trees were just the start. This game is improving greatly, lets not start a bash fest on MMO sites because they felt cheated and then discarded. Give them a fair chance to come back and enjoy it.

I am not sure I can agree with your perspective Deacon. The Psychology is all wrong.

Yes they had high hopes, but many expressed disappointment ( some extreme disappointment ) about what the game was even at that time. Perhaps it was lacking features, but the forums were abuzz with what was going on and how some things were not in and would take time. If they didn't understand that cooking/animal husbandry/farming was not in the game, then they had some how not read the forums or had an inflated hope.

We have seen similar things happen in many MMO's. None of this is new. People join a game, it's not what they expect, the don't like it or don't have fun, and they move on. To claim they are patiently waiting for content is more you wishing and less what they feel. UNLESS, you have personally spoken to each one and know for a fact they will return. Even then, they won't be back anytime soon, since they don't even talk about cooking or taming animals, and farming won't be in any time soon, since they have many other things in front of it on their list.

To me. many folks joined here without really researching the game. They just listened to a friend hype it up and were told things never stated on the webpage. They were told this game would be in a constant state of change, and that some features may not even make it in. So who exactly is punishing them? Was't it their own mistake?

Caveat Emptor Or "Let the Buyer Beware" applies here. It is well known in the marketing world that most people don't research anything. Jordi did NOT take that tactic at all! He openly told people what to expect, they just didn't pay any attention.

I would love to see those guys come back and have a great time here. But from a psychological standpoint I truly believe that ship has sailed.

If in a couple years they do come back, that is great... but to allow them to have a totem all that time is simply not fair to new players joining the game only to find that the best spots are taken by someone that has not set foot in game in 3 years. Don't these new players that also bought the game account deserve to have the same chances your buddies had at the start?

So, send emails out when totem decay is about to start, give them all a chance to re-sub, and if they don't, let it go.. they don't want to come back so please stop defending people that have already made their choices.

From the Features page ...

"Xsyon is an ever-changing world, the features of Xsyon are constantly being added, revised, removed, combined and balanced based on player reactions and feedback. Xsyon is not intended as a final and complete product, but as a living and changing world that evolves over time"

The next line says "planned features" ... Planned. NOT promised. The previous paragraph cancels the idea of any promises.

I don't get why you're still on with this issue.. 14 pages long and neither have understood each other.. It's just really an impressive display of human retardation.

To get to the point.
    I'll agree with Mact, inactive totems should get a warning and then a boot. I'm sorry, but EVERY OTHER GAME with some sort of housing feature has decay. If you do not pay upkeep your house disappears. Look at Aion's new housing system (except standard houses are just bought.), look at Vanguard.. I mean it's not something new that if you don't pay to play, you can't do your upkeep and if you can't do your upkeep your house disappears. Why on EARTH should it be different in Xsyon..? You can't pay to play? Then you can't do your upkeep. If you can't do your upkeep your totem disappears. There's nothing wrong with that. They didn't pay. They made the choice themselves by not paying.

To combat the whiny retards that doesn't like to lose all the precious shit they've gathered. They can get it back by visiting an escrow something feature (whatever do I care how it's made just as long as it is made.)
    .. You don't like losing terrain. Don't get your own tribe. I you asked me any tribe disbanding their area should make the area slowly turn back into the original. .

That Xsyon should warn before introducing a decay system seeing we have not had one up to now is another deal.

NVM.....guess we're just jawing over nothin until we actually know what the devs intend, and we should ask the questions in developer zone, as I dont think they even read these sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    "Xsyon is an ever-changing world, the features of Xsyon are constantly being added, revised, removed, combined and balanced based on player reactions and feedback. Xsyon is not intended as a final and complete product, but as a living and changing world that evolves over time"

The next line says "planned features" ... Planned. NOT promised. The previous paragraph cancels the idea of any promises.

You know the features page has changed right?

Of course.

But I never saw the word promise back then either

Xsyon Citizen
    Would be nice to expend tribe directional not in radius, that way if someone else is on the way you won't have a problem to expand it, either to your right, left or whatever direction you choose.