Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asharad View Post
    I agree with fatboy and DDT, I don't think tribes should shrink due to inactive members. HOWEVER...........

I think that any one-man tribe that has been inactive should be deleted immediately. Especially those one-man tribes with zero structures built. Then start working on warning emails for larger tribes, with plans for decay or whatever it takes to clean up the world.
    I agree. Inactive one-man tribes should be deleted, immediately, or perhaps 2 weeks after a warning email. If we bore with them for 10 months then 2 more weeks don't count, still it would give a chance to those players to decide what they want to do and would avoid the outcry of those players.

I agree with fatboy and DDT, I don't think tribes should shrink due to inactive members. HOWEVER...........

I think that any one-man tribe that has been inactive should be deleted immediately. Especially those one-man tribes with zero structures built. Then start working on warning emails for larger tribes, with plans for decay or whatever it takes to clean up the world.

I sorta didn't make myself clear. I was agreeing with fatboy that he put in a lot of work. Other tribes did as well. Even 1 man tribes. I think that if people logged in and saw their totem was gone, they wouldn't try playing again but just quit.

I see no difference from 1 man totems being inactive and in-actives in 200m radius totems.

All inactives should be purged. However, they should be warned with emails as Xsyon already said he would do.

Who is going to make the call on how many structures is enough to have it wiped away? I dont think devs should be making that call at all. Devs get put into the middle with totem choices, and bad things happen. Look at Apache.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Who is going to make the call on how many structures is enough to have it wiped away?
    Me..........................

why is it you guys never seem to have reading comprehension?

I never said anything about shrinking anyone lands.. however ddt mentioned that concept. I never said anything about a tribe that had built up their lands losing anything at all...

I did say that all the 1 man totems that were places all over by now inactive players should be removed. If they have any resources they can have them returned to their inventory.

I am all in favor of warning emails. And in favor of them being done immediately.

If a big tribe like Hopi of instance, gets a warning email I fully believe they will make sure to protect their investment. I never suggested they should lose anything at all.

And Please drop this shrinkage thing ddt. I don't want your area to shrink regardless of what I think of you. You have invested lots of hours in it and don't want to see anyone lose that investment. Nor do I want to see anyone efforts to grow their tribe stopped due to a lone 1 man totem that has not been active since launch.

So.. to repeat myself to make sure its clear ( of course you don't have to like or agree )

1. Send out emails to warn of impending totem decay on abandoned single man totems.

2. Give 2 weeks to respond to said emails. Email responses or re-subbing.

3. After the 2 weeks give start a 4 week decay timer on ALL inactive totems that were warned.

Only those that don't care will be affected. This is a game not a life. If they want to spend the money they will re-sub.. if not they have spoken with their wallets. Either way many of the 1 man totems will be gone.

DDT... there is a distinct difference between 1 man un-developed totems and built up areas made by multi-member tribe's like pandmic or New Quoahog. My suggestion only affect those that have chosen to not play here.. if anyon of thes totems have a player that is interested enough they will do something about it. if not .. so what?

Of course you dont want to shrink tribes, because then you would be effected and lose 1/2 your tribe radius. Im saying kick your inactives, first before you start throwing stones at others.

All inactives should be purged not just ones that you dont like or want there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    DDT... there is a distinct difference between 1 man un-developed totems and built up areas made by multi-member tribe's like pandmic or New Quoahog. My suggestion only affect those that have chosen to not play here.. if anyon of thes totems have a player that is interested enough they will do something about it. if not .. so what?

So you are ok with getting rid of the hard work of a solo player, but large tribes that are holding huge areas with 1 person OK to keep around?

So you are ok with getting rid of the piddley effort of a solo player who dropped a totem and left, but large tribes that are holding huge areas with 1 person OK to keep around?
    That's what I'm saying

That's what I'm saying

I can understand that however, who is to judge which is ok to stay and which is ok to go?

Heck for all you know some of these totems could be placeholders for larger tribes too. I know people are holding them with tar and other resources they want to keep. They not inactive either they just dont use that account right now. Has no effect, but you might not even get what you want.

So what is piddley effort? Is it a campfire only? What if they have a wall up? 2 walls? Who is ok to make this call? What if they did some terraforming with 1 wall and a campfire? What if they have 3 baskets?

I can understand that however, who is to judge which is ok to stay and which is ok to go?
    Jordi.

Heck for all you know some of these totems could be placeholders for larger tribes too. I know people are holding them with tar and other resources they want to keep. They not inactive either they just dont use that account right now. Has no effect, but you might not even get what you want.
    Now that's a serious reason to remove them immediatly. Unpaid accounts hold important spots ? Lol why should the devs allow that ? If those players want that spot then they have to pay.
    So what is piddley effort? Is it a campfire only? What if they have a wall up? 2 walls? Who is ok to make this call? What if they did some terraforming with 1 wall and a campfire? What if they have 3 baskets?
    You keep missing the suggestion Mac mentioned several times. Players who lose their land due to inactivity should keep all their belongings on their account. I'd say they should keep all of their built-up buildings and everything they owned, and if they return, they should be able to place these stuffs at their new spot. This way they would only lose their spot and the terraforming. This feature definitely requires programming, so it would be a long-time solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Jordi.

Now that's a serious reason to remove them immediatly. Unpaid accounts hold important spots ? Lol why should the devs allow that ? If those players want that spot then they have to pay.

You keep missing the suggestion Mac mentioned several times. Players who lose their land due to inactivity should keep all their belongings on their account. I'd say they should keep all of their built-up buildings and everything they owned, and if they return, they should be able to place these stuffs at their new spot. This way they would only lose their spot and the terraforming. This feature definitely requires programming, so it would be a long-time solution.

Yes like we want the devs to get involved with making choices on who is active or not? I mean look at tribes like Apache where devs got involved with putting someone into it again, its disbanded and lots of people are upset, lets keep devs out of those choices. How about keeping them out of the choices and just set the rules. The rules are there for a reason people use them and make choices based on them.

No one said they were unpaid accounts. I have a few paid accounts I dont use. I also use them as place holders. I can log them anytime I wish.

Terraforming is MOST of the time to build up a tribe area. Not sure if you have done any tribe building but most of the time spent in this game building up an area is terraforming.

A paid account is not inactive. Even if the owner never logs in, he should be counted as an active one. He pays for the service so he has the right to get it.