Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Keeping your word is laudable, but often not doable.

"Hey ddt, you gonna come over and help with these bricks?"

ddt:"sure thing!" 10 minutes later ddt's child sprains his wrist playing skyrim and he must go to the doctor.

"aww man.. that ddt NEVER keeps his word "

stuff happens.

What I am about to say I truly believe. flame away if you must.

They should do what is in the best interest of the paying customers. PERIOD.

Explain the reason, state the facts and move forward.

You do know that others PAID for the game right?

I still think NPC hirelings is the way to go. This does 3 things:

1) The player has to actively log on and tell their NPC's to gather and repair to maintain upkeep.
    2) The player is left free to do what he/she wants to do (trade, PvP, craft, socialize) while the NPC tackles the boring task of gathering 100 rock or sand or 100 of whatever.
    3) A fun new PvP tactic is introduced. Go slaughter your rival tribe's NPC gatherers to hurt them where it counts.

Everyone loves the companion system in SWTOR. Why not try something similar in Xsyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    I still think NPC hirelings is the way to go. This does 3 things:

1) The player has to actively log on and tell their NPC's to gather and repair to maintain upkeep.
    2) The player is left free to do what he/she wants to do (trade, PvP, craft, socialize) while the NPC tackles the boring task of gathering 100 rock or sand or 100 of whatever.
    3) A fun new PvP tactic is introduced. Go slaughter your rival tribe's NPC gatherers to hurt them where it counts.

Everyone loves the companion system in SWTOR. Why not try something similar in Xsyon.
    We dont even have NPC vendors. I surely dont want hirelings. Thats just me.

Paid to get into beta or download the game is a simple choice ...

Nobody forced them to spend that money so I don't think it automatically entitles them to plop a totem , hold land that others cannot use, and then walk away to come back when they feel the game is right for them.

The difference I am talking about is having a current paid sub when this goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Paid to get into beta or download the game is a simple choice ...

Nobody forced them to spend that money so I don't think it automatically entitles them to plop a totem , hold land that others cannot use, and then walk away to come back when they feel the game is right for them.

The difference I am talking about is having a current paid sub when this goes live.

Huh? They still paid for the game as promised they would get a warning before all their hard work was gone. It would be like if he told you they were not going to wipe the game. Then wipes it so that a few people now playing can "catch" up.

I'm talking about the warning he said he would email people. Why is this a hard concept for you to understand? Is there a problem with doing what he told them he would do?

Nope not hard to understand you at all.

Give them the warning.. give them 6 extra months to play if they re-sub, shoot even stop billing us that have paid for the last 6 months.

What I don't understand is your extreme worry for people that left 9 months ago.

sure a small portion may just be waiting to come back when content is "right".

but many will not ever be back, as they have moved on to something else.

Let's try and work with the players we have and the potential one's to come .. not the folks that have already demonstrated their choices.

Your point = Screw people that havnt played lately because I people want XYZ now.

My point is = Keep the promise and email the people giving them the warning. Because they were told XYZ.

You think the few people (yes way few) we have now is more than the people waiting as promised? Sorry to let you down, but many more people are WAITING as promised than are currently playing.

I see no reason other than to appease the NOW NOW NOW types to not give them the warning as promised. Its not extreme. Its called morals. Companies have it, and people have it. Its upholding your word.

Have we heard anything from the legions of people waiting on supposed promise? I mean, are you sure they still care?

Also, having totem upkeep associated with in-game activity only rather than active subscription is pretty much pushing a lot of customers out of the game. The more casual players who have busy real lives and look forward to when they get a bit of free time to themselves to play a game...

These are folks who pay $15 a month but use very little of NG's resources. Free money. Little use of server time, little use of bandwidth, etc. but the same amount of money coming in every month. Why in [insert deity here]'s name would anyone want to alienate those folks?

Why so much concern with people who are supposedly waiting until the game becomes whatever it was they hoped it would be (darkfall 2.0 in many cases) and so little concern for actively paying customers, even if they don't have 20 hours a day to play a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Have we heard anything from the legions of people waiting on supposed promise? I mean, are you sure they still care?

Also, having totem upkeep associated with in-game activity only rather than active subscription is pretty much pushing a lot of customers out of the game. The more casual players who have busy real lives and look forward to when they get a bit of free time to themselves to play a game...

These are folks who pay $15 a month but use very little of NG's resources. Free money. Little use of server time, little use of bandwidth, etc. but the same amount of money coming in every month. Why in [insert deity here]'s name would anyone want to alienate those folks?

Why so much concern with people who are supposedly waiting until the game becomes whatever it was they hoped it would be (darkfall 2.0 in many cases) and so little concern for actively paying customers, even if they don't have 20 hours a day to play a game?

Very good points.

These types can do 2 things.

1) Solo it doing homestead, which would use very little upkeep resources.
    2) Join a tribe, and the other more active members help keep the tribe active. When they do play, they have fun and play with other tribe members and help where they can.

It's not about playing 20 hours a day or not. Its about they PAID for a game. That game had major issues. Xsyon (you know the lead dev?) told them they wouldnt lose their stuff, accounts, toons etc. They could come back when the game had more of the issues worked out and content for them. He would give them a warning email 6 months before they started to lose it.

So how we are here, where content is starting to sound like what it was meant to be at release. So the emails should go out. Give them warning so they can choose to come back or not.
    All these people paid for the game. They helped keep the servers up that you are currently playing on. Without the support of these people that bought the game and DID NOT ask for a refund. Who knows where the game would be now.

Praise these people. I dont think they should be punished. They did nothing wrong but do what they were asked to do. Wait a bit, their stuff would be on hold then get a chance to come back.

DDT, don't you think 6 months is not something this game can afford? Hell, it's been what, 7-9 months since release? I love this game man and I feel ya on defending those people, but 6 months is a bit of a stretch. If someone paid for the initial cost of the game, plopped a totem, stopped paying the sub, and haven't returned for over 3 or 4 months they are not coming back and have no right to be upset their stuff is gone. I think he shouldn't just do a system wide deletion of these totems, but rather implement some sort of feature that requires them to be reasonably active to hold their territory. Give a warning that this feature has been put in place that allows them to save their territory if they wish. This is a game that depends heavily on land and resources, both of which are claimed all over the world by inactive totems that haven't been touched or logged into in months. New players come into the game, see the dead areas everywhere, and log right back out. It happens every day and you're honestly kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

My advice to Jordi: whatever you do, do it quick and get it done with so this game can progress. Ignoring this issue and dragging it on for 6 months or even 3 or 4 months is a HUGE mistake, and this game cannot afford to not progress.