Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Allow tribes to expand please.

I know that totem decay is a big issue with many.

But the simple fact is that although you want the players that made all these 1 man totems all over the place to return and have a place to call home, What about the players that have been playing and PAYING all along?

Take for instance My tribe Pawnee.

Its radius is 159 and now can no longer grow due to an abandoned 1 man totem across the river from us. This 1 man has not had any active player in game since release.

What can be done about these?

If you look in your Database, and see that there are totems that have not had an active player for 10 month, don't you think it reasonable to remove them?
    If they get interested in the game again they can always buy a sub and look for a new spot.
    It is what I would expect to have to do if I had left so long ago. Most games have some method to reclaim this type of thing after a period of inactivity.

At least then you would not be limiting your active paying customers, with hopes that some person that stopped playing long ago MAY come back.

I agree with this that there are too many abandoned totems however i think this is a tricky one to deal with.

For instance they are effectively deleteing their account and making them start again from any work they have spent collecting resourses and building etc (not skills etc though).

In the same fashion how would people feel who are in large tribes that have alot of inactive members and they members were effectively removed from the game, therefore shrinking your oversized tribal area, i'd imagine the actives would be very unhappy.

Thats the issue i see atm, you cant delete one, and not the others.

I dont really know what the solution to this is, but if buildings had damage points added that would be a start if your tribe land was to shrink.

Paying your sub=reserving a plot of land is the way i see it

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    I know that totem decay is a big issue with many.

But the simple fact is that although you want the players that made all these 1 man totems all over the place to return and have a place to call home, What about the players that have been playing and PAYING all along?

Take for instance My tribe Pawnee.

Its radius is 159 and now can no longer grow due to an abandoned 1 man totem across the river from us. This 1 man has not had any active player in game since release.

What can be done about these?

If you look in your Database, and see that there are totems that have not had an active player for 10 month, don't you think it reasonable to remove them?
    If they get interested in the game again they can always buy a sub and look for a new spot.
    It is what I would expect to have to do if I had left so long ago. Most games have some method to reclaim this type of thing after a period of inactivity.

At least then you would not be limiting your active paying customers, with hopes that some person that stopped playing long ago MAY come back.

You might have a point if over 1/2 of your tribe wasnt inactive.

Tell you what, kick all your inactives out of your tribe first. Then when you get to the radius problem repost. Then you might have a point. Until then you are taking up WAY more land than you should with your tribe due to 1/2 of your members are inactive just like that 1 man totem.

I think they need to start putting in decay right away, and warn inactive people right away. Heck just warn them already without the system in place. Then they have a chance to do something about it. Mass email should be sent out to all the inactive people warning them that decay is coming and they could lose their totem if they dont do something about it.

Xsyon Citizen
    Would be nice to expend tribe directional not in radius, that way if someone else is on the way you won't have a problem to expand it, either to your right, left or whatever direction you choose.