Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Any limit is too high. This is very frustrating. There should be no limit to tree planting unless you make trees much harder to chop down, and even then, why is there a limit? It makes no sense to me. The very concept of this game is contrary to the idea of limits such as this.

Try crank up your shadows in a forest and see how much fps lag you get.

Then tone down the graphics everywhere? Gameplay freedom is essential in any game that could even be remotely considered a sandbox. Unless this is intended to be some sort of flashy yet toned down version of "apocalypse tycoon" which a few people appear to be satisfied with.

But hey, as long as this limit is a temporary measure I am okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HyBrasil View Post
    Then tone down the graphics everywhere? Gameplay freedom is essential in any game that could even be remotely considered a sandbox. Unless this is intended to be some sort of flashy yet toned down version of "apocalypse tycoon" which a few people appear to be satisfied with.

But hey, as long as this limit is a temporary measure I am okay with it.
    All games have limitations, even sandbox games. In this case the limitation is a simple question of resource distribution, a resource cannot be allowed to have infinite supply because it means that you take away any difficulty in procuring said resource and with that you also take away all value of the harvested resource.

I wish you wouldnt use the term "sandbox" in your arguementation, it does not have a constant difinition, everyone difines this subgenre differently. In your case you probably thought that because sandbox games are more freeform than themepark games, the ultimate sandbox game would be one with no limits at all, but this is clearly false logic.

I VIOLENTLY disagree with this ridiculous notion that sandbox games should be limitless, in fact the biggest issues with Xsyon atm are that some features are not limited enough (skills, resource distribution, totems), the practical offshot is that everyone can be a master of all crafts, there isent really an economy worth speaking of and the world is full of abandoned totems that are not decaying. So yeah, limitations are good for the gameplay, in a game world with no limits at all, everything is meaningless.

No one said you couldn't use max shadows, you just need that much better a pc.
    It also has to do with the server. With more trees it has way more calculations it needs to do. Way more calculations means it needs more processing power. Something game firms are very reluctant to upgrade. (Any game firm)

The rest banden said perfectly.

Violently disagree all you want. I still stand by what I say. I think the limit is too low. Which is very frustrating to me because it is still far too easy to chop trees down.

I'm not going to say any more about it because it isn't worth getting violent about. Good day.

EDIT: It is not only me that desires this. Many in my region, including my entire tribe (of approximately 20) express concern over this issue.

Violently disagree all you want. I still stand by what I say. I think the limit is too low. Which is very frustrating to me because it is still far too easy to chop trees down.

I'm not going to say any more about it because it isn't worth getting violent about. Good day.
    Good game design should allways take a front seat to whatever you find "very frustrating" or "what you want for yourself". So "PPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT" to you, good sir.

EDIT: It is not only me that desires this. Many in my region, including my entire tribe (of approximately 20) express concern over this issue.

Its easy to chop down. Very easy to plant.

nothin wrong with trees and the limit should be a bit lower. Ya realize when a tree is fully mature it can yeild 25-30 long logs, 500 trees per zone, thats 10,000 long logs, No tribe can cram 500 trees inside their camp, its impossible, even with 2 tribes or 3 still not possible always gonna be trees left. So their easy to chop, easy to replant, easy to enjoy. You dont need 10k long logs yourself, this isnt wow, hell i had a whopin 150-180 choped down on my the other day, i got 1k long logs, i got too much wood atm. So yea, dont be complaing, plenty to go around everywhere, Also why dont ya try working with your other pals in ur zone. :-P