Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Homesteaders will eventually have zero trees

The zone limit on trees creates this scenerio

1. The players try to plant a tree seed inside their totem zone.
    2. The players get a message that the zone is maxed on trees.
    3. The players go cut all the trees down in the zone.
    4. The players plant seeds inside their totem zone.
    5. The Homesteaders get a message that the zone is maxed on trees.

Basically, the large tribes will end up with all the trees inside their totem zone and homesteaders won't have any trees to collect from. (all the trees in the entire game will be inside tribe zones, eventually)

I would say hell yes to this system, if there were no safe zones and you could cut peoples trees down on their tribe totem.

I'm not even sure how you balance this with the current system.

If we all thought there was bitching before when people thought trees were to far, wait until there are no trees to collect from outside tribe zones.

Disclaimer
    I think there should be no safe zones and trees just like other players should be FFA.

Any thoughts?

nothing wrong with the tree system, although trees should be space more. in my zone we did manage to stick alot out so homesteaders can get to them. and Safe zones wont be goin anywhere or else same boat as before with no trees.

I think people would be hard pressed to fit all the trees in a zone into their tribe lands.

If you want trees in your homestead, go cut the others down.

fitting every tree in a zone into your tribelands just wont be doable. There is spacing to consider and you would not have any space to build on, I think the current problems with zone limits have other causes.

That being said, Im a fan of the idea that tribelands are blocked from all gathering professions (only for the tribe who owns it), but this will never happen. The butthurt would be too great.

I would like to know the rationale for such a small number of trees per zone. If this is just temporary please ignore this post. If this is going to be the way it is however I find it woefully lacking.

The way people habitually chop them down coupled with the minimal effort and time it takes to chop trees down demands there be thousands of trees possible per zone. Spaced extremely close together.

It would be nice to have some areas where you cannot easily see the sky.

It also takes minimal effort to plant trees. There are plenty of zones where you not only cannot see the ground, you can hardly move around solid walls of trees.

Ravelli