Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    DDT, the thread you linked is not the same. Dezgard suggested the HP be based on combat skills levels, you suggested a similar system based on skill levels. The OP was about the HP not to be based on levels at all. And there was no conversation either, you posted and no one else. A new thread is very valid imo.

What if HP was stat based ?

Jadiza there is about 3 to 5 threads on this topic.

The link is a suggestion.

Currently HP is based on stats AND levels.

Are you trying to say that there should be a new thread simply because there is a small difference in that he doesnt want it based on levels, and others want it partly based on levels and partly based on stats thus a new thread needs to be made?

Sounds like i should get crackin on making new threads.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Jadiza there is about 3 to 5 threads on this topic.

The link is a suggestion.

Currently HP is based on stats AND levels.

Are you trying to say that there should be a new thread simply because there is a small difference in that he doesnt want it based on levels, and others want it partly based on levels and partly based on stats thus a new thread needs to be made?

Sounds like i should get crackin on making new threads.
    There might be several threads about this. I've searched for the words 'HP based on', there was no thread about this topic on the first 3 pages. So even if they are there, not easy to find. There are some about combat, but there isn't one dedicated to HP.

I know HP is currently based on levels and stats. What I was asking was what if it was based on stats only ? Perhaps that would create a better system. Just an idea.

What is your idea?

hum, I think hp should be equal for everyone, fighting skills make the difference on how fast you kill/defend. In real life we all have the same amount of life, its how good we use weapons (or defend) that gets us in or out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Wouldn't Andrew then need to find another solution? Is there no other solution? Any chance of circling the beast in some way?
    We don't really know if Andrew can do it or not. The one and only time he entered the "King of the Hill" event he crashed, and while his character was still in game, DDT proceeded to knock him down to less than 1/2 health before his character disappeared. When he relogged he was at a big disadvantage.

But to answer your other question, yes there are other stradegies or tactics that can be used.

China

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidblade View Post
    hum, I think hp should be equal for everyone, fighting skills make the difference on how fast you kill/defend. In real life we all have the same amount of life, its how good we use weapons (or defend) that gets us in or out of trouble.
    Hey DDT this here is the winner!. Skill is wat wins pvp, not standing still tanking crap. SKills is wat wins! and their is none of that in the current combat system, Its how you said HPs VS DPS, when it should be DPS vs DPS may the better skilled player win. Personally everyone should have the same HP's no matter what. Gears-weapons should make the difference. When you play fps games everyones hps are the same, Its their skills that win or loose the battle, Xsyon needs this BADLY.

Real life people do not have the same HP. Not sure where you getting that info. Try getting hit 1 with punch by Mike Tyson. Now look at other Boxers that take 100s of hits.

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    We don't really know if Andrew can do it or not. The one and only time he entered the "King of the Hill" event he crashed, and while his character was still in game, DDT proceeded to knock him down to less than 1/2 health before his character disappeared. When he relogged he was at a big disadvantage.

But to answer your other question, yes there are other stradegies or tactics that can be used.

China
    You should go back and reread what was said. Not talking about King of the Hill event and Andrew crashing or not. Talking about him standing toe to toe with a 9 year old Shadow Bear and dying. While I was able to kill it without troubles. Severn died with barely taking it down to 1/2 life. Etc for the rest of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    Hey DDT this here is the winner!. Skill is wat wins pvp, not standing still tanking crap. SKills is wat wins! and their is none of that in the current combat system, Its how you said HPs VS DPS, when it should be DPS vs DPS may the better skilled player win. Personally everyone should have the same HP's no matter what. Gears-weapons should make the difference. When you play fps games everyones hps are the same, Its their skills that win or loose the battle, Xsyon needs this BADLY.

Player skill normally wins FPS games along with good teamwork and tactics.
    If you are talking about FPS games, then you should toss armor, and weapons out the window also because everyone starts off with the same stuff.

FPS isnt the same as MMO's for a reason. People like chars able to build up. I'm not defending the current issues with the HP system. I still believe its way out of balance. However, I dont want to see people that logged in day one have nothing to shoot for. People should have to build up a little to do things they want. Just as we do with other skills in the game.

HP is only a small part of the factors that go into combat. Given even HP, do you think that you would be me in PVP in Xsyon? I doubt it, not saying Im great at PVP but there are many factors that allow me to win over you.

One thing I don't believe is that a Master Tailor should have equal HP as a Unarmed Master. Unless the tailor is also an Unarmed Master and tailors on the side.

With Xsyons vision he talked about skill pools. I think simply adding these pools will help a lot, and factoring in peoples HP based on that. If skill pools were in the game right now, you wouldnt be as drastic because people would have a lot less levels.

I think removing HP from level XP system is needed. I do however, think it should be more based on stats and combat skills than anything else.

That's totally cool...

And it looks like few of us disagree with you... that's cool too.

Now lets see how he answers this question.

100 % percent agree with you +1 HP should be the same for everyone, but what armor you wear, should affect your overall HP.

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Real life people do not have the same HP. Not sure where you getting that info. Try getting hit 1 with punch by Mike Tyson. Now look at other Boxers that take 100s of hits.
    I Don't agree with you on this one. Try hit Mike Tyson with a hammer or axe, and he WILL DIE.