Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Why should HP be based of levels gained?

Doing it this way gives an advantage to those that can play much more than others.

Now, where as I think folks that put in the effort should gain the rewards, atm its a very mindless method.

All anyone has to do is level a craft or skill. Most crafts can be leveled very quickly and this leads to folks using programmable keyboards to afk craft. Get a bunch 100 and you are very hard to kill.

Let's also think about what will happen with stat/skill decay.

If it is like that talked about in Beta, then I would expect that as your skills decay and you settle on the ones you really want to maintain, that your HP would decay along with skills so that those with HIGH HP will be brought more in line with those that cannot play as much.

However, Has there been ANY mention of HP decaying? It's been assumed that it would decay, but is that actually the plan? If not, then what is the point? It still leaves a few players with inflated HP running around.

I sure don't want to play a game that is supposed to be a survival game, and know that some guy with no life outside of playing computer games, can run over me just because he can play more than I.

It should require skill and knowledge. As it is, with a person like that, there is no real change for success against them nor is it a fun competition... it is just boring.

i agree with this overall. This isnt a tanking game, PvP should require skill, their is no skill standing still holdin a button for a max hit, Speciall no skill is ya got 382490 hps (i know that many isnt ingame just saying). Hps should not rise in this game, Only the dmgs ya do, and even that should have a cap. No one should be god ingame, if its 2 vs one and the 2 are skilled u should go down quick, it shouldnt take 5-10 people to down 1 person, Were not doing raids and using players as bosses here. Hps is a big thing that needs shrank and caped and again with skill/stat decay all skills should be reset with a limited amount of points given back, to force every1 to pick their trades and not allow the 100s accross the board to have their edge. I know they worked hard for it, but this is unfair to any new players or returning. This simply forces trade and to decide what you will do ingame.

I'm not sure if I see any solution posted here, but Ive already talked about this before.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1210

Here is a link to one of my ideas. But I would like to see more opinions. HP tied to crafting and all other skills isnt what I would call the best idea. It forces all combat types to level up every skill in the game to compete. I would rather see it tied to combat skills.

Doesn't it give crafters a better chance if their non-pvp activities raise their health and HP?

I can understand where you guys are coming from. If Joe Superman uses his strength to intimidate and bully, it gets old quick.

Right now, people can choose to level everything to 100. Doesn't mean you have to though. There are things I'm not even touching as it's not necessarily in keeping with the character I'm building. I trade for those things. It's just a personal choice I think. Personally I find it way more fun to be helpful to a good community and wind up being offered help in return.

Some level everything to 100 out of voracious appetite, some grew up in a gaming environment where numbers are the end-all of accomplishment, some are ultra-competitive and yes... some unfortunately and mistakenly confuse instilling fear with gaining respect. They lose my respect in the process but hey, whatever.

In SWG, I didn't like having constraints on what my toon could learn. I wanted the freedom to build exactly the type of character I wanted, and that was already a fairly free sandbox in that regard.

The less constraints placed on how we develop our in-game lives the better I think. Even if that means having to deal with a sad apple or two.

No matter what you will have people with higher HP than others. What system would you like to use?
    Toons start with more HP than others without even doing anything in game.

I'm not sure what you would like to see done. Also, combat players might not level everything to 100. The point is that to be the best you would have to. Not only would combat players have to level all the combat skills but also all the crafting skills.

Combat players shouldnt have to level any crafting skills at all to be good in combat.

Hps shouldnt be raised at all! skill decay/stat decay needs to be on everything all crafting and pvp, with caps. for combat i do see gaining more dmgs n that, but hps, nahh doesnt work here.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    Hps shouldnt be raised at all! skill decay/stat decay needs to be on everything all crafting and pvp, with caps. for combat i do see gaining more dmgs n that, but hps, nahh doesnt work here.
    Why shouldnt HP increased at all? All other types of stuff are. Do you also believe everyone should start with the same HP too?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Also, combat players might not level everything to 100. The point is that to be the best you would have to. Not only would combat players have to level all the combat skills but also all the crafting skills.
    Being the best comes with a price I suppose, and of course "best" is relative.

This isn't really a cut and dry pewpew-you die-I ween-type of game. Dumbing it down to that level is really doing it a disservice.

I agree, the current system is really not the best one. It forces players to grind skills they wouldn't touch otherwise, and probably doesn't enjoy leveling it. That's bad for the player and the economy and bad for new players too.

I think only one skill should raise HP. People can level whatever skill they want to, but only the highest one should determine their HP. If someone has 5 skills maxed or 10, he would still have the same HP as someone with 1 maxed skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I agree, the current system is really not the best one. It forces players to grind skills they wouldn't touch otherwise, and probably doesn't enjoy leveling it. That's bad for the player and the economy and bad for new players too.

I think only one skill should raise HP. People can level whatever skill they want to, but only the highest one should determine their HP. If someone has 5 skills maxed or 10, he would still have the same HP as someone with 1 maxed skill.

I dont agree with this at all. A person with Tailoring as their main skill shouldnt be equal to someone who has Clubs or Terraforming as their main skill.

If you going to do a system like you say 1 skill to rule them all for HP then it should effect the outcome of the HP. Meaning if Tailoring is your main skill, then you should have low HP. If Clubs is your main skill you should have high HP.

I would hate to see a master tailor out there tanking the hardest mobs because they have a 100 in a skill and crap for combat.

I see no problems with if you level up combat skills you get more HP than others who doesnt. I dont think it should be bad as it is now where you should level up all the combat skills. I think 2 skills in combat should be very close to all skills in combat. Meaning if you have 2 skills at 100 in combat, you should 90% as much HP as someone with all 10 of them at 100.