Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Year wipe or not

Probably your ask me WTF YOUR ARE Crazy ?

But i think i end very good idea
    Take example Tale in Desert Each END year get wipe and restart

Players get feeling new "fresh" and fix old issues , gap between new and old players

Game envolve , somes issues , type overload resourcer , everything have all skills 100 and others
    in future maybe become problem to this work

0-50 easy skilling take 40h played
    50-60 take 60h played
    60-70 take 90h played
    70-80 take 130h played
    80-90- take 160h played
    90-100 take 200h played

Why? to discourage people focus in all aspect and give time to people learn new recipes and discovery new mobs/gun/places/pvp and other stuffs dont related skilling
    *maybe Major update( map , Engine( people ask me , how to play this because grapich become outdated in 1 year )

And maybe next year people chossen other main craft/gathering/combat skills
    because this to sandbox/discovery/craft based i vote yes to every 1 january server get wipe , take 2-4 day server down and 5 start again , ( server closed maybe day 31 - 01 )

Like add polls but dont see option
    /Discuss , no flames allowed

WTF YOUR ARE Crazy ?

really, you think they'd actually do a wipe now....really?

There is nothing to disscuuss...it aint gonna happen.

Well dont say now , but to future , after game get more solid base , maybe to next year

People see wipe , bad thing , isee to sandbox , new start

Quote Originally Posted by Vadio View Post
    Well dont say now , but to future , after game get more solid base , maybe to next year

People see wipe , bad thing , isee to sandbox , new start

I wouldnt mind a wipe IF they fixed all the issues, this topic has already been posted before they said they were not going wipe.

Vadio if you are talking about a new start. Why not have a second server option? Or even when new lands open up its almost like a fresh start.

Ive seen ATITD do this, however that's a totally different game. There is no combat at all in that game. The game is made to be wiped after so long. This game is made to progress. Later they plan on even having guns in the game, as new tech comes out.

It doesnt take near 40 hours to level to 50 in most skills in this game. NONE of the crafts take that long.

Maybe it doesn't ake you 40hrs..

But the rest of us got real lives as well.. The only thing a wipe would do was pissing off a lot of people.

ATITD must be wiped in every 1-2 year and start again because the world has limited size, it never grows by opening new zones like Xsyon does.And the resources are limited too and never replenish...after a while you simply can't get any more iron in the whole world. This restart is one of the factors which keeps the playerbase of ATITD very low. Skill system works very differently there, you buy your skill so don't have to grind for them, it makes losing them way less painful.

Since HP are tied to lvl's gain in this game, I doubt anyone would really accept a character wipe.

Even a reset of craft and skill levels would mean people like ddt would no longer have an advantage nor would they even be able to craft beyond the basics. Well, at least at the first.

Besides, they said they would do what the entire players base wanted. So, no. I sure don;t want it and I doubt it will happen

as much as i agree with a wipe, i know it wont happen. Personally if skill/staty decay pops up ingame something does need done to get everyone on Equal grounds so id say reset skills points to slapem inline with the new skill system. To bring every to the same level and forcem to choose wat they will do ingame considering their points will now be limited. This also shrinks those never ending hps. I really dont see why you gain more hps just cuz ya know how to kill some1 or make a few tools or find a few cones. But ahh thats just me, to each their own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Since HP are tied to lvl's gain in this game, I doubt anyone would really accept a character wipe.

Even a reset of craft and skill levels would mean people like ddt would no longer have an advantage nor would they even be able to craft beyond the basics.

Besides, they said they would do what the entire players base wanted. So, no. I sure don;t want it and I doubt it will happen

Mac, wiping wouldnt do anything to hurt me. As I would just relevel and be ahead again.

The problem isnt the wipe, its the fact there is no decay, there is no soft caps, and the skill/stat pools are not working. All a wipe would do now is reset everyone's work, the people that are ahead, would still get ahead again. (Assuming they didnt quit)