Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Something needs to change.

We are slowly losing players.

Each week there are a few more that quietly disappear and many are not heard from again.

We like to believe they are "taking a break" or are just busy with RL... But 60-80% of the ones I personally know disappear and do not come back.

Many express boredom as a reason they are"taking a break". Many got tired of waiting for something new. Even the most patient among us are beginning to chew on each other.

Please, instead of trying to placate us with what may or may not be in the next patch, Just DO something to change the current state of apathy.

Turn up the spawn of animals. Add a few roaming zombies we can all hunt for. Instead of basket hunting, place bins in very hard to reach places and give the general location. Have a few guides play as overly strong shadow beard that will take a few tribes to try and defeat and have loot that is worth the efforts.

DO something ... PLEASE!

You know that moment when it looks like the plane is going to crash and the guy next to the pilot starts shaking him by the shoulders and yelling "DO SOMETHING!"? That, is never really any use.

That being said, it has been uncharacteristically quiet since december 5. Carts were on the test server 2 months ago and you have been wrapping up on them for the past month and fixing bugs, but we havent even seen an ETA for this yet, what gives?

I have pretty much exhausted my interest in the game as it is now, and judging by what Mac is saying Im not the only one, so I really hope we get to see some result again soon.

I think I am done for a long time. There just isn't enough here to justify the monthly expense.

I am glad I can plant something finally, as limited as it is.

I am glad the forums finally have adequate moderation, it was insane when the game first launched.

I am glad the focus has finally shifted off of combat, or at least I hope it has.

I will be glad when there are carts. My character does not have high strength.

I appreciate all of the free time I was given. Whether it was an accident or not.

Right now the game looks like a big multiplayer "apocalypse tycoon." The community seems to want to set up combat and economies before the game is even half finished. I guess it would be something to do but I think it could have a harmful effect on this game's development to do this sort of thing now.

I love the opening "monologue" on the home page, if you stuck with this ideal for the game, I think it would be a hit. It is slipping away though I think.

I may come back when animal taming, cooking, alchemy (herbology?), farming, archery, tracking, old gods, mythology, magic (of any kind) are implemented.
    Oh yes, and lockable gates.

The game would flourish with a huge community. The way to get a huge community is to remove the box cost, add a free trial, and keep the subscription at $15/month. Then ask the existing community to help spread the word about Xsyon. Xsyon has a huge barrier of entry and will die if that barrier to entry is not significantly reduced. Everyone I talk to about this game gets super excited until I tell them about the box cost. I am trying my hardest to make video tutorials accurate to the current state of the game and get the word out about xsyon. The instant I mention the $40 initial cost, everyone groans or is in disbelief. This isn't an AAA game. Even AAA games didn't cost $40 a YEAR after launch. Indie games make money based on high quantity, low consumer cost sales. If you need an example look at every successful indie game ever made.

They havnt even put out ads. Most people I talk to are not leaving because there are few people playing. Which is all that free to play solves. They are leaving because they are bored, and the game is lacking a ton of things.

That's just the people Ive talked too that HAVE played and most have left. These people already paid the money. So your "free to play" option doesnt fix the retaining players problem. There is more than enough people out there to pay the 40$ and monthly costs. Problem is where is the game? It's less of a game and more of work with how nothing has a point and you just grinding and building for no reason.

see i got hope here, i found alot to occupy me. But even ill sit here and admit, it is really fuckin depressing seeing barely any chatter, Granite that litteraly makes ya feel like ur in a post apoc setting. But not much chatter, and Since launch ive watched this pop go up and down, Atm its going down and itll go up again, but its during these times when its extremely low, that we all nit pick at each other as were all angry, we need more players, We need more content to keep us busy, Sure i got a epic todo list, But thats cause i put a ton of shit off for a very long time and Reg actually got me to finally work on it..lol. But we need carts-cooking-charming-More arch stuff-Animals and im not talkin bout a simple fix, im talking bout shit tons roamin in packs ready to kick are asses and mate alot cuz they like too. And Zombies, i wanna be standing their smackin reg with a fishinpole messin around and have 5 zombies sneak up and ninja me. We need some form of dungeons ingame to explore also, stuff from the past, sure we go roaming for tar-resources and recipes. but wth else is their besides animals? 0 other things to roam around the game doing, and No taking junk pile and resorting them around areas isnt gonna cut it, we NEED STUFF TO ACTUALLY FLIPPIN EXPLORE!!. Pvp need rebalanced and fixed, then mb alot of us will wanna go pvp and have fun. Sadly reading wat all i just typed depresses me even more, as i know devs are workin their asses off, but their not robots, so it will take a very very long time for most of this to even enter the game. Ahh well guess i got my tribe mates and neighbors to amuse n chat with me till they all vanish again :-(

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    They havnt even put out ads.
    Where is the capital and/or revenue to put out ads with the complete lack of subscribers and new players?

Most people I talk to are not leaving because there are few people playing.
    I don't (and no one else should) really care about the few people you talk to. That's not an adequate or unbiased sample, at all. If you claimed that to be market research you would get laughed at.

Which is all that free to play solves.
    The implications in a sandbox MMO from having more players are gigantic. Namely players being able to get their friends to join and experience the game. Namely encouraging people to experience a great game who otherwise wouldn't due to the barrier of entry. Encouraging trade, cooperation, massive building projects, strife over resources, etc. If you fits lots of players into a place with limited resources and turn PvP on, the gameplay makes itself.

They are leaving because they are bored, and the game is lacking a ton of things.
    You do realize more players means more revenue, right? Are you seriously claiming the current business model Xsyon has is anywhere near smart in terms of both game development and running a business? More revenue means the developers can spend more time developing and hiring new team members to make Xsyon better.

That's just the people Ive talked too that HAVE played and most have left. These people already paid the money. So your "free to play" option doesnt fix the retaining players problem.
    Making a miracle patch isn't feasible in any way, shape or form. If people don't like the game, they can leave. We're not going to see major rehauls of the game. No MMO in existence (especially not a small indie MMO) has received a major overhaul that added a ton of content and brought old players back. It's not going to happen, there is absolutely no way it is feasible in the current state of the game and business.

There is more than enough people out there to pay the 40$ and monthly costs.
    [citation needed]

Go advertise this game anywhere. Tell people it's $40 + $15/month, has been released for a YEAR, and has no free trial. See how they react. It's a small team independent non AAA MMO, get over your rampant fanboyism for the game and look at the real world. Very very few people want to drop $40 just to try Xsyon when it's pretty blatantly a small indie MMO. This fact is evidenced by the amount of new players coming into the game and the amount of players currently playing.

Problem is where is the game? It's less of a game and more of work with how nothing has a point and you just grinding and building for no reason.
    If you need some fake purpose to play the game I feel bad for you. Not to mention that fake purpose is not going to materialize any time soon. I'm not sure why you think the few developers can pull something out of their butts at the 15th hour.

MMOs (especially sandboxes) are social games. Without a large vibrant community to interact with, we're left with a few neckbearded elitist sperglords (The current 40 or so people online at once) who don't want to see anyone else in their precious game except people as neckbearded elitist and spergy as themselves.

I actually tend to agree with you on the cost Rothkur but you must however also consider that the world is allready chuck full of abandoned totems, there are a myriad of issues with the crafting system currently and progression needs a workover aswell. So when we get more people into the world, what happens? More totems! and because these things still needs to get fixed eventually also abandoned totems. The main problem with server population is not that people are not joining the game, the problem is that they are not staying and this has nothing to do with cost but everthing to do with the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by banden View Post
    I actually tend to agree with you on the cost Rothkur but you must however also consider that the world is allready chuck full of abandoned totems, there are a myriad of issues with the crafting system currently and progression needs a workover aswell. So when we get more people into the world, what happens? More totems! and because these things still needs to get fixed eventually also abandoned totems. The main problem with server population is not that people are not joining the game, the problem is that they are not staying and this has nothing to do with cost but everthing to do with the issues.
    There is little issue with putting in flat decay for totems. If a player who owns a totem does not log on within X weeks, their totem is removed. In the case of multi-member tribes, the system would poll all members of the tribe for activity.

Rothkur, you are asking for adding Free to play option. But you are then trying to combat how free to play will work IF they add and do a lot of work to make the game work.

The game has people wanting to play it. It had 1000s of people bought it already, or were waiting for it to be done. You can tell by the people leaving that free to play will do nothing to keep people playing, you just have more people going through the turning doorway.

They need to work on keeping players. If they have a game that players want to play, and they put out ads. The game will do fine and more than enough people to play it.

Adding free to play will break the current game even more, and I dont see anyone wanting to pay to play in a free to play world. The system it has will not handle it.

I can combat you on each point you listed, some are good but some just dont make sense to this type of game-play. Either way Free to play requires a lot of work to be done to make it free to play. If that same work was done to make the game fun, you would have the same results and happier and longer standing players.