Suggestion to Devs/Investors

Please put the game back into "beta phase". Allow people to buy the game but don't charge a subscription fee for now. This game had lots of people playing and testing that gave quality feedback.

I'm guessing that after the account system was implement only 20-30% of the remaining players actually activated their account. Charging $15/month to test the game is just not acceptable for most. I'm not saying the game isn't worth $15/month. Eventually it most definitely will be.

Notorious Games deserves to be rewarded for being brave enough to develop something original, but please finish a few more major features before charging the subscription fee. Make money off of the game sales until then.

The features below are probably a minimum for most to activate their account and pay the subscription fee:
    1) crafting interface tweaks and balancing (3 week estimate??)
    2) creature AI attacking tribes (6 week estimate??)
    3) skill decay (3 week estimate??)
    4) expansion totems (6 week estimate??)

It will take maybe 4 1/2 months to complete the above features and we will have ourselves a real standout MMO. Finish these features and Xsyon will make profit and retain/increase player subscriptions.

Disclaimer: This is all total speculation on my part and a stab in the dark on dev time for features to be implemented. I also have no idea how many activated their subscription fee vs. who did not so don't flame too hard if I'm way off.

There is a "Suggestions" section to the forums. This post in is inappropriate for the "Prelude" section. I assume since you have been here for awhile, you should know that.

China

They needs funds bud, because Virtus fucked up the entire account system, it hit hard. The game has all the content their to make it worthy of a month sub. Hell APB all u can do it kill each other or ram stores for goodies. Thats all that games contents, guess wat? people pay for premuim on their 15 a month sub, and xsyon has a ton more content then their. So im glad to see these things finally fixed up. That last patch was in my opinion a friggin awsome one and some of the fixs have been long time waited ones. (and i love that my totem is a candy cane atm ^^) Keep up the hard work devs. Also I'm sorry you feel that you should have to pay OP, its only a 3 man dev team working 20 hours a day 7 days a week, They deserve their monthly subs for the hard work they have done!

I understand they need funds but no new box sales + cancels subs + no new incoming new subs = in the red. I'm just saying that if they disable sub fee for the time being and keep box sales up then at least they will have incoming revenue. That is besides the 40 or so actives that stay sub'd now if it is even that much.

How many new players do you think will buy the game in it's current state? I want to see this game succeedtoo, believe me. But they need a viable market strategy. This one will only put the game on life support. The devs will get frustrated and burnt out seeing no new players buy the game and stay sub'd. They will get the box sales but nobody is going to hang around for 4-5 months paying $15/month while the features get added which will keep us wanting to log in and play.

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    There is a "Suggestions" section to the forums. This post in is inappropriate for the "Prelude" section. I assume since you have been here for awhile, you should know that.

China
    This also has to do with the state of the prelude but thanks for the scolding ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    That is besides the 40 or so actives that stay sub'd now if it is even that much.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post91700

Second question answered by jordi puts active accounts at 500 not 40 or less than. There are a lot of new names popping up and not only that I hardly see any of those names even old ones participating in global chat. Some people are perfectly content on playing alone and not bringing attention to their selves just as they are with not posting on the forum.

Yes I read the 500 active players but that was before subscription system was activated. I'd like to see a revised number now.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    Please put the game back into "beta phase". Allow people to buy the game but don't charge a subscription fee for now. This game had lots of people playing and testing that gave quality feedback.

I'm guessing that after the account system was implement only 20-30% of the remaining players actually activated their account. Charging $15/month to test the game is just not acceptable for most. I'm not saying the game isn't worth $15/month. Eventually it most definitely will be.

Notorious Games deserves to be rewarded for being brave enough to develop something original, but please finish a few more major features before charging the subscription fee. Make money off of the game sales until then.

The features below are probably a minimum for most to activate their account and pay the subscription fee:
    1) crafting interface tweaks and balancing (3 week estimate??)
    2) creature AI attacking tribes (6 week estimate??)
    3) skill decay (3 week estimate??)
    4) expansion totems (6 week estimate??)

It will take maybe 4 1/2 months to complete the above features and we will have ourselves a real standout MMO. Finish these features and Xsyon will make profit and retain/increase player subscriptions.

Disclaimer: This is all total speculation on my part and a stab in the dark on dev time for features to be implemented. I also have no idea how many activated their subscription fee vs. who did not so don't flame too hard if I'm way off.

How is this going to change anything?

All this will do is get more testers to play the game, and less money coming in for "beta phase". It does nothing to help make the game progress faster, the slow up isnt the amount of testers.

The devs need people to pay for the game, and they need to code more stuff to get people to stay playing. What you are asking is just pretty much "play for free because I or my friend doesnt want to pay". It doesnt do anything to help the game.

If this were done BEFORE release, yes we could have kept 1000s of players for when the game was ready.

I doubt they have more than 50 people logged in at once over the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideHael View Post
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post91700

Second question answered by jordi puts active accounts at 500 not 40 or less than. There are a lot of new names popping up and not only that I hardly see any of those names even old ones participating in global chat. Some people are perfectly content on playing alone and not bringing attention to their selves just as they are with not posting on the forum.

500 active accounts, doesnt mean paying accounts. I really have no idea how many people are paying but either way this idea isnt a good one. They just need to make the game more fun, and put out ads. I wouldnt worry about the few actives playing this game right now. You might lose them either way. Worry about the push for ads when the game has reasons to play it, and stay playing.
    IMO.

I seen a press release done a few days ago.