Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    Perhaps I didn't make this clear in my previous post to you. You are off topic and I'm not going to pretend that you & your endless twisting, changing the subject is relevent here. Your analogy is bullshit and has nothing to do with the point that I'm trying to make. I'm very aware of your tactics and so are most. Take it to another thread and derail it, but I'm not going to play your attention egotistical "let's make this about DDT and what he wants to talk about" game here.

Unlike you I'm able to stay on topic and don't spam the forum with rambling, inane back & forth - tit-for-tat endless beyond boring posts.

So blow it buddy.

China

It's perfectly on topic, in fact your post here is the one off topic.

I was just chatting with others and they were saying the same thing I just said. The game just isnt ready for them to pay monthly. They are getting it there, but right now its not. I wish it were, I believe in this game.

I actually find myself agreeing with DDT (the one point about it being common sense to reevaluate). China you're missing the point and it's a fairly fundamental one. When we all signed up for Prelude, nobody knew all this time the game would be free, we signed up knowing the cost. And tbf many would have quit long ago but for this fact. Most played along in the knowledge that it was not costing them to see how the game progressed. It has now reached the point where they are being charged yet the game is still not where it needs to be for most and they have effectively been forced to make a decision (whether people think it's a good thing or a bad thing is irrellevant).

However when people are forced to make a decision, it boils down to one simple question, is this worth the cost, many are saying no. I've not resubscribed my main yet either. I had cancelled my Alt account a while back and it was only my main account still going but I had not logged on in a while so doesn't really affect me. As DDT says this is just common sense, you will evaluate when you are forced to and it is this period that will now decide the future of the game.

Only time will tell if this is what kills the game or if the advertising brings in new customers but bottom line is this, it will prove once and for all how loyal the customer base is. So far the jury is still out.

Had they just started charging me, I would not have batted an eyelid, however going to log on to check on the new patch and finding my account inactive led me to the same point as those that have left, now that I have to do something to reenable my account, do I really want to? tbh I was expecting to be charged months ago. The mistake in my opinion is to not auto resub us all. We all signed up for the subscription so they would have been right to do so. But alas, I now have to decide whether to resub and I think I'll wait for a few more patches. Too many undelivered promises for me but like I said, I only reevaluated because I was forced to do so.

So it was fine to play for free but as soon as you must pay you are content on walking away?

Sounds like a bunch of ingreat freeloaders got removed. They contributed nothing but were fine playing the blood sucking leech role.

This was really needed imo so those working on the game get paid and it proceeds forward. Its not like no one knew the free ride would come to a end, but what beats all is you see progress and things moving forward yet you're not willing to pay for it. If the game was just $5 a month I still think you would want it to be free.

China, I think you are frustrated on the ppl around in in your real life and came here to vent.

Let me tell you my side of the story.

First off, I bought 2 accounts, thats 80 USD given to the developers. I do not regret this. I consider this as an advance payment to the developer to finish the product. Lets call it preorder.

We all agree on the fact this game is not having all the features that were promised to us when we bought the game. That means this game is still in heavy development. If the developer has an unfinished product, but he wants/needs ppl to test it, he makes a closed or public beta.

What I have problem with is to pay a monthly sub for a game that is clearly in beta still. Where else did you see a paid beta ?

When I found out I can still log in to the game even after canceling my sub, I took this opportunity to test the game and test the features put in. I also discovered I was not doing anything illegal, because devs were aware of this 'bug'. Let me ask you this ? If this was stealing, why did the devs waited so long to fix this ? I will answer you: because they were happy more ppl are playing the game and testing the features. We, the players got free time, but at the same time we helped the gaming community stay alive and also helped the developers in testing. It was a win-win situation.

I do feel sorry for the folks that had to pay for a sub all the way. I think they are the ones being cheated by NG.

As for myself, I already gave 80 USD to NG. I never played this game for free! I just do not feel paying even more for this game in this current state.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    So it was fine to play for free but as soon as you must pay you are content on walking away?

Sounds like a bunch of ingreat freeloaders got removed. They contributed nothing but were fine playing the blood sucking leech role.

This was really needed imo so those working on the game get paid and it proceeds forward. Its not like no one knew the free ride would come to a end, but what beats all is you see progress and things moving forward yet you're not willing to pay for it. If the game was just $5 a month I still think you would want it to be free.

Do you think that everyone that didnt like the release just should have got a refund? Because, the choice you are saying is either people that were happy with the game at release should pay for it, and the ones that were not should have asked for a refund and never played it.

I think the other option is better, which is where we are at now. You had people playing for 40$ plus whatever months they paid. They gave money to the devs in hope it would get better. Seeing as there were small updates they were expecting the game to progress and waiting for promises of features to be put into the game. Still waiting, they are not willing to pay for the game now. They are not going back (or shouldnt) and asking for a refund.

Anyone that is upset in the 40$ (plus monthly) they were paying is another story. They played this whole time and shouldn't be upset now about it.

Choice was refund or piddle around in the game in the hopes of it being worth the monthly payments. To me its worth it still, I wont have 5 accounts active but I will have a couple.

I think the devs are working very hard and have been. However, I also believe the game is being driven the wrong way. Focus isnt being done on the things that mainly need it. Seeing things like candy cane totems for xmas with 1000s of bugs reported and still not fixed, makes me a sad panda. But I know they are working hard. I think instead of pleasing the few people playing the last 6 or so months, they should have been working on making the game better. Most of these people were playing for mostly free, just the 40$ and a few months paid.
    To me it was a time to crash the server, do major changes and revamp stuff. Instead of catering to the outcries people were making over this or that.

Major issues of "Whats the point", and "Balance" are missing greatly. Economy with limited resources, tools for trading. Fact that you can deathport still. Looting broken. No good vs evil system etc. The list goes on and on. Instead we have 100 new walls, and 3 types of tools 150 tools, 50 different armor sets that mean nothing etc.

Anyways, I dont want to derail the thread by listed anymore of the things that should be in the game, but faulting people for not wanting to pay for STILL the game lacking the features it was released as having, doesnt surprise me a bit.

Seeing people like China and Zookeeper blaming the players goes to show you the bias.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post

And still people miss the point. The money is irrelevant. I earn a decent amount, more than most, as a programmer. Which bit of 'had they just started charging me I would not have batted an eyelid' did you not understand? The fact that I now have to make a decision to resubscribe or not made me question whether I think it's worth it at this point in time or to wait for a few more patches and common sense led me to wait. What there is so difficult to understand?

In fact it's quite simple, they chose to continue it free, not me, not you. I have logged in mostly for a few hours a week to see how it's progressing so it can hardly be called enjoying a free ride. Again, not my choice making it free. There was a certain amount of payback as well, as we subscribed before release and they were simply paying us back for that loyalty as it has simply been a beta program after all whatever some people want to think with more low points than high ones. At one point I was encouraged enough to get a second account, and to sub for a while so I was paying them monthly (I can only play one account at a time after all).

Try actually reading what was said before jumping down someones throat.

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    They are not going back (or shouldnt) and asking for a refund.

Major issues of "Whats the point", and "Balance" are missing greatly. Economy with limited resources, tools for trading. Fact that you can deathport still. Looting broken. No good vs evil system etc. The list goes on and on. Instead we have 100 new walls, and 3 types of tools 150 tools, 50 different armor sets that mean nothing etc.
    And yet again I find myself aggreeing with DDT. Whats the world coming to

Exactly, I'm not asking for a refund nor would I. I'm just saying I'll hold off on resubscribing for a few more patches. I just wont be logging in and testing anymore because lets face it, that's all we were doing.

The 'reason' should have been the most important thing as it gets things moving in the right direction.

If we had an economy, there would be a reason to PVP and a reason to craft.

So can you have an economy with no NPC's? and no quests that act as content sinks? EVE managed but it took time and even there, there were content sinks with NPC's (but not enough to say it had an effect) and crafting required a huge amount of resources and it was so easy to lose what you had worked for. What EVE had going for it was the rarity of some of the minerals and the risk of the non safe zones where you had to go to get them. We still don't have the extra zones and we still don't have the ultra rare crafting items or stats gains that make it worth fighting for and until you do people wont fight over them. Add to the mix that there was a difference between common and rare items including at the blueprint level. Anyone could make a T1 item but not everyone had T2 and it was so expensive to buy them and so you have to mine to raise eough to do so. all these things contributed to an economy. We do not have the market sink and something needs to be done to replicate that in a world that has no monetary instrument in order for an economy to work. Here you grind and grinding did not require rare resources as you could pick a simple item with a limitless supply of resources. That cannot work.

It was a long time before EVE had POS and so that was not really a factor. We don't need contested totems or even NPC's, we just need crafting to have more depth, more sinks and the risks to be greater in the new zones with much tougher animals and many more of them esp. packs and for all contents to be dropped on death (and vanish if not retrieved soon enough) so you have to go and retrieve them like in EVE. Safe zones are not and have never been the issue contrary to the arguments otherwise. EVE has safe zones, they are called stations. No real difference. And like EVE all crafting is done within them. Transporting goods is where things get interesting esp if very large or heavy. Things have to be worth fighting over is the bottom line and things have to have some degree of rarity in order to encourage fighting over them. Sadly many do not understand the difference between abundance of common resources and rarity of non common resources. Making common resources rare doesn't move things forward.

I think they thought quests on totems would act like a form of barter marketplace but many items are simply too heavy to transport so it doesn't work without carts and because all of the map is unsafe unlike EVE you don't get the core market working for crafters. It's a catch 22. You almost need a safe area of the map around the lake where people freely travel and trade and then a free for all in the outer areas where there are rare resources. The whole model can't work as it is and has been said so many times already.

This wasn't a issue until you had to pay so yes it is a money issue. Some have said that they won't pay for the game I personally don't mind as those people are and have said they wanted that free ride. Your continued posting trying to justify this or that doesn't make sense to me. If you have concerns about having to pay now or the direction of development I would think those concerns would be best sent via support.

It's your money and I'm not going to tell you how to spend it but I fully understand the anger of those that did pump the money in and those that had a free ride are complaining. I was one of those with a free ride and I made the decision to pay for the game and making a post to try and get the free play I did enjoy and used fully is pointless as it should of never happened in the firs place but since it did I personally think the game is reaching a good place.

They already did a press release a week ago DDT, do some web searches and you'll find them. I've been noticing a lot of new names and that's great as I see things picking up and I'll support development. Your decision to not support the game but IMO you don't need to try and convince, rage, vent or pull everyone else down, some of us enjoy the game and what is coming. Quit gracfully or do as you say and wait and see but dogging what you got for free and now are upset because you have to pay is just beyond anything I have ever seen.

Your grasp of English seems to be failing you. So here goes, I'll try making it even simpler to understand.

1.) Whilst the game was free I wasn't actively playing, it was just a beta test with most logging in after a patch to see progress. And yes I was posting bug reports.
    2.) If they had turned on the payment processing I would have been paying it.
    3.) Because I have to resub, I chose therefore not to until a few more patches are out because progress has been very slow. I questioned as to whether it was worth it.
    4.) As such the need to resub has caused people to question if they should, not the money per say so in my case no it is not about the money.
    5.) I did not say I've quit either, I said I'll wait for a few more patches.

You don't seem to understand the difference between logging in and checking the state of a patch vs playing. Not once did I say I was upset paying. Nor did I actually complain, I simply stated that it forced me to be reaslistic and reevaluate my subscription. And whilst you can magic any number of arguments out of thin air, I have stuck to my simple reasons for making the choice I did. It is after all a question of content and features and not money. For me, it's never about the money. I spent more in the pub last night than 3 months of a subscription and I do regularly so it's definately not about money as much as you want to make it about that.

I'm not saying pay for the game I am saying this whole conversation is and was fueled by the recent changes to the payment system, so maybe you missed that and need to grasp something.

Greetings Survivors!

This thread has gone on and I have watched it develop and the responses given from other players.

The point of the OP has now been made.

And I am closing this thread, as it will only develop further into a flame wars.

Thank you.