I've debated with myself whether to post on this subject, but since more posts on this topic keep popping up, and after reading 2 new ones this morning I decided it was time to speak out from the other side of the issue.

I will speak only for myself, but I know there are others exactly like me and think and feel like I do. I bought the game pre-launch and have paid for a monthly sub fee since the very start. That was the bargain I made with Notorious Games - I'll buy your game & pay you a monthly fee as long as I want to play YOUR GAME. That seemed fair to me. I've always paid my own way. I do not expect someone to provide me entertainment or a service that I don't pay for. Simply put TANSTAAFL.

I have no problem with people who have decided that the game is either not for them, or the "Prelude" period of the game is not meeting their expectations and decide to cancel their subscription and not play the game. But, and this is a very big but, I have a problem with people who bought the game and cancelled their monthly subscription and continued to play for free. Then they have the hubris to proceed to post "goodbye" threads complaining or trying to justify why they don't want to keep their side of the bargain...

The arrogance is mind blowing!!!

I'm going to draw you a picture or a comparison to show you what I mean.

There was a brand new theatre that opened. It was an exciting new revolutionary type of theatre that was going to be producing a unique kind of entertainment. The theatre owners were a small group, so in order to keep their enterprise going they decided to open the theatre before it was quite finished and charge a one time investment fee and a monthly fee to the people who wanted a unique kind of entertainment. The people who invested & paid the monthly fee could come & go anytime they wanted for their particular brand of entertainment - it was open 24/7.

Some people who invested in the theatre decided that the entertainment wasn't what they liked so they cancelled....You with me? Good.

Well what happened next is pretty slimy, but it did happen. The people who cancelled their monthly sub fee wandered down the alley behind the theatre one day and discovered the back door had been left unlocked. So they peaked in, and low and behold the theatre had several people there who had entered through the front door and were enjoying the entertainment. They thought to themselves....Hey!! I'll just sneak in and I won't have to pay. People, that is what you did, it's as simple as that.

My question to those of you who snuck in the back door is this. If you aren't willing to pay the "ticket price" now, why did you sneak in the back door and steal the entertainment? You must have seen some value or you wouldn't have wasted so much of your personal time on not being entertained.

China