As tempers flare, what is the bottom line?

In the last 2 weeks we have seen a number of things change, unfortunately in a less than positive way.

The account system, need looking at... Although fixed, it deactivated already paying customers and this caused a re-evaluation about re-subbing.

The last patch fixed many important things, like structure moving, hide, and even models... But also cause a good number to have connection issues, along with 3x more animals that few are able to find. ( maybe we need to let them spread out a bit )

And for some long time players, the frustration level has just become too great.

So whats the bottom line? What can you do? What do you want to do?

May I make a constructive suggestion?

What you need at the moment, is time to put in the updates that will smooth out the game play and promote balance, trade, and player interaction. You also need to keep the players you have or replace them with many more new players.

So...

While you work on the next patches, give the player base things that will give them reason to do what they do.

Example: introduce zombies that can knock down doors and attack players. If they can successfully hit a door 100 times they dismantle it. and can pass through. once in a town they will want to kill players and destroy baskets.

The will do a number of things...

1. it will give the walls and gates a reason to exist.
    2. it will produce a sense of danger even in safe zones, while allowing the player to control his own level of safety.
    3. It can even promote group dynamics and cause folks to band together, if the zombie is slow and hard to kill.

You already have the Ai for them in the coyote ai. have them wander and when close to villages, they zero in on players. They don't have to have all the combat moves, they don't have to have awesome loot, there just needs to be enough in the world to make them visible to most any player. So spawn them the same way you do coyotes near the lake.

Next go ahead and advertise to get a new influx of players. At least now you have something to keep people occupied as you finish up on needed updates. Everyone will NEED to build walls and houses to protect their stuff from wandering zombies. Even after people get an area "safe" they will just use the zombies as the new form of animal to hunt. Each time a zombie is killed, another pops up elsewhere... keep the zombie population stable at say 500.

Please make it stop...

Make what stop?

If you mean comments like this thread, then it will stop when there seems to be something solid to believe that what we are doing is not futile.

Or do you mean something else?

I have to agree. So many of these topics now and no I would not like to login to everything looted by zombies or destroyed.

I found quite a bit to kill recently but you have to look around as the render distance is maybe to short but they do need to spread out a bit I think as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I have to agree. So many of these topics now and no I would not like to login to everything looted by zombies or destroyed.

I found quite a bit to kill recently but you have to look around as the render distance is maybe to short but they do need to spread out a bit I think as well.

Ive been playing for a long time, and not been attacked near my totem in months. I keep my toons logged in also.

Render distance for NPCs and Players is pretty far I doubt that's the problem.

Can you find something sure, whats the reason to find them though? There is little challenge and when you do defeat them the rewards are not worth the effort (hours) to find them.
    Most of the bonuses off mutants are not even working. Even if they were, I have no fear of death for 2 reasons 1) I dont die I can just run away very easy. 2) If I were to die I lose nothing.

My head is beginning to hurt too.

Making these threads won't speed anything up, rather it would slow them down because they have to pay attention to this ridiculous talk.
    - I've seen a fair share of animals since the lastest patch. More than I would ever have seen on a normal day before the lastest patch.

Yes, complain about having high stats/skills. It's totally the developers fault you don't have a life and thus have had the time to skill and stat most everything and thus can kill everything in a blink of an eye. I could do that on my fully Heroic Naxx geared WoW Mage. That's what it's like reaching end-game. Deal with it. Even with skill and stat decay, you will still be up in that area.

I mean really.

Btw, I've been attacked several times by animals near my totem the last several months and especially by adult and very strong mutants.

Mac, i know ur frustraited, But the zombies arent done yet, Devs simply cant stop wat their doing to meet your demands. THe reason alot of the features still arent ingame is because they listen to everyone and stoped put stuff on the side to make wat people want, Now they have 1 hell of a back order of stuff to stick ingame. You seen his post on what he intends to do next. Their only a dev team of 3. Give them a break man, Virtus fucked up the account system, and their still fixing it. I understand its been along time since launch, however they did add alot ingame since launch and will continue too i mean man their working 20 hours a day 7 days a week. Givem the break they deserve. I agree game still has alot of issues and missin stuff. But making a ton of fourm threads about it will not speed up the process any nor will you find any satisfaction in anything ya here. So mac best thing i can tell ya is, go roaming to find the animals, ive already found some animals and personally ima keep my patience and let the devs do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    My head is beginning to hurt too.

Making these threads won't speed anything up, rather it would slow them down because they have to pay attention to this ridiculous talk.
    - I've seen a fair share of animals since the lastest patch. More than I would ever have seen on a normal day before the lastest patch.

Yes, complain about having high stats/skills. It's totally the developers fault you don't have a life and thus have had the time to skill and stat most everything and thus can kill everything in a blink of an eye. I could do that on my fully Heroic Naxx geared WoW Mage. That's what it's like reaching end-game. Deal with it. Even with skill and stat decay, you will still be up in that area.

I mean really.

Btw, I've been attacked several times by animals near my totem the last several months and especially by adult and very strong mutants.

Last time I checked, no one can solo raid dungeons in WOW that are level 85. But then again I really dont follow WOW that much.

Same goes with just about any game. EVE, Rift, Lineage 2. There is a long long list of it.

Mutants recently are a lot tougher minus the water bug and they require a group to kill. Once they fix the water bug and get all the bonuses added I think they'll be worth doing group kills for.

okie doke.

bye for now.