Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    See that is pretty gamebreaking for me. If I lose skill in my main skills every time I have to briefly use my other skills, then the result is me having to play a constant game of balancing out my stats the way I want them, and forcing me to use the skills I want to remain high constantly.

What I would like is to pick a few skills, like you do when you pick your focus skills in character creation. Those skills would never decay so I wouldn't have to worry as much. If I need to level a bit of dirt I don't have to worry about my leatherworking going down as long as I took leatherworking as a focus skill. That way people will still need to trade with eachother to get quality goods from skills they don't focus on, but you can sit back and enjoy the game doing basic tasks in any skill without worrying about your favorite skills becoming less effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Andius View Post
    I have to answer honestly. You almost had me sold until you mentioned skill decay. I don't want to have to tailor my activities in game around not losing stats in my focus skills. Depending on how skill decay works I may or may not give this game another try. If there is some way to select a few skills that will never decay I'm fine with it. If all skills always decay whenever you aren't using them, or whenever you gain XP in any skill, that won't work for me at all.
    I don't think they will decay by not using them, my guess from what has been talked about in the past is if you max skill A and then try to max skill B - skill A will start to decay - at least I hope this is how it will work. (I don't know what the caps will be, so I don't know how many skills you'd be able to keep at 100)

Quote Originally Posted by Andius View Post
    See that is pretty gamebreaking for me. If I lose skill in my main skills every time I have to briefly use my other skills, then the result is me having to play a constant game of balancing out my stats the way I want them, and forcing me to use the skills I want to remain high constantly.

What I would like is to pick a few skills, like you do when you pick your focus skills in character creation. Those skills would never decay so I wouldn't have to worry as much. If I need to level a bit of dirt I don't have to worry about my leatherworking going down as long as I took leatherworking as a focus skill. That way people will still need to trade with eachother to get quality goods from skills they don't focus on, but you can sit back and enjoy the game doing basic tasks in any skill without worrying about your favorite skills becoming less effective.
    you're going on player provided information to base your decision on whether or not you will like the system when they haven't really given us enough info to know exactly how it will work - you're just going to have to wait and see how they do it.

yea keith is rite, we dont know how its gonna work exactly as i stated before. All we can do is just sit back n wait n see.

I hope it works like the stat system.

IE, you never will lose skills from not grinding them. You only lose skills from grinding other skills too much, like happens with stats.

Quote Originally Posted by banden View Post
    My point was that emphasis should and will be kept on player created content. They have stuck with the idea of no friendly npc towns or mobs so far and I think they will keep it that way. Thats not a bad thing though, cities are made and run by players, I take it that you are a returning player so you might not know this but larger tribes can now set their tribelands as starting location for new players. Once a proper alignment system is implemented these tribes will be able to act very much like the NPC towns you are asking for.

The reason why people do not congregate is not that they dont have anywhere to do it, there is no reason to congregate in larger groups and trade, fight etc. because Everything is in abundance so there isent really an economy to speak of, land is all the same so there is no reason to fight over it, this has been discussed at length, time and time again and NPC towns will do absolutely nothing to change it.
    I get what your saying but your also making me make sense there should be ONE npc town so people actualy do meet.

At its current state and in Jordi's vision of the game, an NPC town will not be part of Xsyon in any capacity.
    However... Founders Island has now been populated by the Guides, and construction has begun to create a central starting point for new players to spawn into.
    It will also be used for Guide Quests from the Totem, and anyone on the Founders Island can find peace in the idea that PvP does not belong there.

So to sum up, Founders Island is a 'New player' starting point, Its a trading, meeting and questing place. With the added bonus of it been a safe haven to all.

Xsyon Citizen
    Great, finally a 'safe haven' to trade...

Just too bad that once carts are ingame the island isn't easily reachable. Unless we will have boats aswell!

Hello,

Founder Island is not surronded by water it has a path

Quote Originally Posted by GuideMihr View Post
    Hello,

Founder Island is not surronded by water it has a path
    Yes GuideMihr is correct.
    There is a Path that leads to the Founders island.
    But also Eric you are correct. It is located at the most Northern point of the lake near the Region 'Crystal'.

But once the trading starts, it might very well be worth the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideRaguel View Post
    But once the trading starts, it might very well be worth the trip.
    Thats a long way to travel if your near the green mist (Zombies will deff get me!!)