Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wait, is a ring-tail squirrel a Mutant?!?

I had no idea, it looked like a little orange squirrel.
    If that is the case, than I feel less sad about dying from those...Rats are still very scary though.

Well, I guess you got Bors'ed. (as in Monty Python's king Arthur if you didnt catch the reference)

Seriously though, you picked those stats yourself, how can you expect to hunt anything when you can die from a light tap on the shoulder? The only thing the game should provide you is the flexibility to repick your stats without rerolling and that is, as i understand, allready in the works.

The game world is not divided into areas based on player level - the problem for so long has been that anyone including a new player could kill all animals in game on day 1.

Most people complained, so they kept increasing the stat difficulty of animals, which was a good thing really - Xsyon is about trying to survive, so keep raising your skills and work on making your green exp bar raise, every time that resets you gain more hp.

Now they have animals that can turn into mutants, which are even harder than the normal animals, so like I said previously - keep working on raising your stats or you can join up with another tribe. (safety in numbers)

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    Since when is a ringtail squirrel one of the hardest animals in the game? In my experience, it's slightly harder than a Triceracock and a little easier than a normal marmot.

Also, the ringtail squirrel is probably the least mutant looking of all mutants. He may not have even known it was a mutant.

Ravelli

Lets see, Triceracock = Mutant. So lets just toss that out the window.

Marmots have 1/5 the life of a mutant squirrel and hit for 1/3 the damage. Tell me again how they are "easier" than a marmot?

Don't get me wrong guys, I really enjoy difficult games...I always play games on the 2nd hardest setting when I get them.

I just had no idea squirrels were so dangerous, and I didn't understand why small furry animals did not die easily.

I would get that my character is NOT a fighter, but any human whether they are a fighter or not, can fend themselves from a squirrel. (unless there are very rare circumstances)

Whether bears or wolves kill me is a totally different story, I can completely understand humans getting killed from them....But if it were a baby animal the size of my shoe, there should be some exceptions.

I like the idea of there being impossibly hard creatures to fight, as long as they are believable. If killing things was easy at one time, I had no idea because I am a new player, and I don't support everything being "dumbed down". But it is not very reasonable to be killed by a squirrel I am sorry, unless like I said it is a joke or there are 5million squirrels.

Please, I am not trying to new player rage at this game, this game is very fun! I am just giving a first impression at what seems to be a fairly unreasonable circumstance.

*edit=- if anything, it would be helpful that creatures have a "mutant" label on them...I still don't think mutant squirrels are very dangerous, but even if they were, I would like to know they are a mutant before engaging one.