Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Murdered by small animals.

Every animal can kill me, even a tiny ring-tailed squirrel....
    It is a real confidence killer lol.

Are there plans to add some animals that are so pathetic that a new player can stand a chance against it in combat?

You kidding me right?

Who couldn't see this coming.

The gap between high level and low level is so big that there is literally no way to balance the mobs for both noobs and veterans.

I guess they could tone down the non mutant mobs, but I'd rather like to see noob players buffed rather than mobs toned down. Give new players 60 HP to start, that should help.

Well MrDDT...I wish I was haha

So far I have been killed by anything I have swung at (unless they ran away).
    Literally a hand sized Ring-tailed squirrel murdered me.

In pvp I understand being 1 shot by more experienced players is reasonable, and I understand that I am a crafter type as well.

I am not sure if this is normal, but rats are like an impossible boss fight for me currently.

This doesn't show the difference between vets and "noobs", it shows that stats do really matter. Last night Erathsmus said his fortitude was 10. That puts his hit points low enough that small furry critters can pose a problem. Combat in Xsyon is unique enough that it may take several fights and some instruction before he can administer a beat down on a rat or ground squirrel, much less a mutant squirrel. A little +fortitude armor and a few levels wouldn't hurt as well.

Ravelli

That's true, but I have some armor atm.
    I totally get that at my current stage, killing is not my forte.

What is irritating me, is that a great amount of this game seems to revolve around realistic world interaction (realistic to a video games perspective) yet
    in real life, I can step on a squirrel like that if I can catch it...I understand that the game isn't real life, so I don't expect us to be able to literally step on the squirrel, but I do expect that it would be easy to kill as I am a human.

Maybe a newborn baby would die from a ring-tailed squirrel, but I would hope that even the most scrawny and weak of 20 year old humans can fend themselves from something so petty (unless they are bed ridden, or highly allergic to squirrels....or if the squirrels have FANGS!).

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    This doesn't show the difference between vets and "noobs", it shows that stats do really matter. Last night Erathsmus said his fortitude was 10. That puts his hit points low enough that small furry critters can pose a problem. Combat in Xsyon is unique enough that it may take several fights and some instruction before he can administer a beat down on a rat or ground squirrel, much less a mutant squirrel. A little +fortitude armor and a few levels wouldn't hurt as well.

Ravelli

10 Fort means you started with 31 HP instead of 39. (39 = 90)
    +Fort wont do anything but add very very little HP to your total.

I still cant believe the guy thinks he is ok to start a new guy and kill some of the hardest animals in the game and then call for animals need to be easier.

Huh? MrDDT I am not trying to rage because I am weak...I am saying this because future players might be a little sad from this happening more than a few times. I could care less about slaying animals, I craft.

I don't think ring tailed squirrels are the hardest animals in the game either....Unless I am missing some sort of joke.

Quote Originally Posted by erathsmus View Post
    Huh? MrDDT I am not trying to rage because I am weak...I am saying this because future players might be a little sad from this happening more than a few times. I could care less about slaying animals, I craft.

I don't think ring tailed squirrels are the hardest animals in the game either....Unless I am missing some sort of joke.

Mutants = Hardest animals in the game.

Try killing something like a chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I still cant believe the guy thinks he is ok to start a new guy and kill some of the hardest animals in the game and then call for animals need to be easier.
    Since when is a ringtail squirrel one of the hardest animals in the game? In my experience, it's slightly harder than a Triceracock and a little easier than a normal marmot.

Also, the ringtail squirrel is probably the least mutant looking of all mutants. He may not have even known it was a mutant.

Ravelli