Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You dont take falling damage when attached to a cart going over a cliff or anything.

Lightbulb cart and stamina

Hello everybody,
    can i suggest to revisit the way stamina is used while walking, running or pulling a wagon?

I think that if i'm walking slowly enough i should pull a cart for very long time even if it's very heavy.

Please, consider the following principle: the lower the stamina and slower is the movement speed, and the slower the movement and the less stamina is consumed.

This way, when walking or running, stamina should slower at a balance point and will allow for an indefinitely long walk, at a speed of equilibrium that depends on the weight you are carrying and the stats of the character.

What do you thing?
    I hope you consider this..

Don't want to be a thread necro, but in talking with different people in game, it would change the possibility of long-range cart travel (especially with heavy items) if carts were something like a flat 60-70% encumbrance...maybe only 50% on road surfaces or something of the sort. It's still completely impractical to move dirt, logs, or most heavy metal in a cart any more than just trivial distances.

edit: After thinking about this, maybe it could scale up to 60-70% max based on actual weight in the cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Don't want to be a thread necro, but in talking with different people in game, it would change the possibility of long-range cart travel (especially with heavy items) if carts were something like a flat 60-70% encumbrance...maybe only 50% on road surfaces or something of the sort. It's still completely impractical to move dirt, logs, or most heavy metal in a cart any more than just trivial distances.

I agree, maybe even spitting the carts up on how they carry or hold things.

Like maybe a trappers holds more but is slower. While pioneers cuts the weight down more but holds less. Foragers would be very fast but couldnt hold much at all, in slots or weight. etc.

Then also make so each tier of carts add a bonus to the type they are (craftmans foragers would be like 5% faster than a basic foragers, while still having the same amount of slots, trappers would hold 2x the slots of a basic when its a craftsmen. etc)

Xsyon Citizen
    I produce mainly forager carts - but also traded for a few pioneer once.

Here are the differences I found out:
    1) foragers carts can hardly be moved up a ramp - pioneers can (I have a ramp, which i can get a pioneers up without problems, but the foragers cart is stuck half way)
    2) foragers carts are much slower (especially with heavy load) -
    3) I think the same amount of weight gives a different encumbrance, when you use foragers vs. pioneers (where 10 slot carts are in general better than 5 slot ones).

So for me the system is working ok for me (meaning there is a difference between foragers and pioneer carts, simple and craftmans).
    The difference is also notable for me! I would how ever like the simple carts to be generally faster (with low load) - but slower with high load. At the moment it seems that having a better ( = craftman/adept/master) cart you always win - so my 5 slot carts are not used - as I can make 10 slots now. If the 5 slots would be faster with low load, they could still be valueable!

I have only used a Master's Pioneer cart so my experience is limited to that, but it's crazy how much dropping 2-3 logs in my cart slows me down. With 10 logs in the cart I'm basically crawling. While I love being able to transport up to 20 at a time, it's prohibitively slow and won't work for more than just a short distance (ie. from the forest nearby to my home). I think a flat % encumbrance would work much better...*imho*

I just don't see trade taking off (other than the trade fair) this way..other than death-porting home with heavy supplies, materials..which kinda feels like cheating to me..

Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    I produce mainly forager carts - but also traded for a few pioneer once.

Here are the differences I found out:
    1) foragers carts can hardly be moved up a ramp - pioneers can (I have a ramp, which i can get a pioneers up without problems, but the foragers cart is stuck half way)
    2) foragers carts are much slower (especially with heavy load) -
    3) I think the same amount of weight gives a different encumbrance, when you use foragers vs. pioneers (where 10 slot carts are in general better than 5 slot ones).

So for me the system is working ok for me (meaning there is a difference between foragers and pioneer carts, simple and craftmans).
    The difference is also notable for me! I would how ever like the simple carts to be generally faster (with low load) - but slower with high load. At the moment it seems that having a better ( = craftman/adept/master) cart you always win - so my 5 slot carts are not used - as I can make 10 slots now. If the 5 slots would be faster with low load, they could still be valueable!

1)Yes this is true.
    2)This isnt true at all, I have all 4 types of carts and they all move at the same speed with the same load (or no load). 36s around my track I made empty, 51s with 1/2 a load.
    3)Again this isn't true at all either. #Of slots have no effect on the % of the weight it cuts down, nor does the type of cart.

Xsyon Citizen
    I thrust in the information of MrDDT - seems like my "feeling" is not correct - however it would be nice to have more differences between the various carts and cart types

Carts are driving me crazy, I spend hours building components to build full cart hull frame wheels etc.. and fails the last 7 tries to complete project loosing all mats.
    This needs to be fixed imo. why do I loose all parts on final step?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by slaughter40 View Post
    This needs to be fixed imo. why do I loose all parts on final step?
    My best guess is bad luck ... its normal for Xsyon that you loose all mats if the crafting fails.

Your skill level is probably too low to have a high success rate - I lost 1 out of 5-7 carts - especially if I was really close to the required skill level. Try to get (probably use XP points for that) 1-2 more skill points before you try again.