Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tribe Decay System

January 20 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The server and client have been updated with a minor patch.

Patch Notes:
    - Fixed server side issue with some mutant animations.
    - Increased allowable depth for carts crossing rivers. This will be revised later when we implement bridges.
    - Totem decay system implemented with consequences turned off.

The Totem decay system will work as follows:
    Each time a tribe member interacts with the tribe totem, the totem and tribe are set to 'active'.
    The more time passes without any activity from a tribe member, the totem 'decays' to the next stage.

The planned stages of Totems are:
    - Active
    - Neglected - This is just a warning stage.
    - Deserted - At this stage bins and bundles left on the ground will be accessible to other players and the tribe will not be a safe zone.
    - Abandoned - At this stage undead will spawn within the tribe zone.
    - Removed - At this point the Totem is removed, the land can be claimed by another tribe and all buildings and objects become accessible.

We are currently preparing and testing this system. None of these consequences will apply to the main server until this system is announced to all players with advanced warning. For now you will be able to see at what stage other tribes are by viewing their Totem info.

We will be testing Totem removal on the Test Server today. The Test Server will be available to the public within a few hours.

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------

Great job. Really looking forward to this. I think its will be a good system and fun to see some undead spawning from them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    January 20 2012
    <snippage>
    - Abandoned - At this stage undead will spawn within the tribe zone.
    <snippage>
    ------------------------------------------------------

Great job. Really looking forward to this. I think its will be a good system and fun to see some undead spawning from them.
    Personally, I'd like to know the time ranges for each stage. Also, I'd like to see the 'undead stage' persist for quite a while so players can get some enjoyment out of it.

I echo MrDDTs sentiment: Great job!

I'am on the test server right now. I checked out a tribe and the totem says "Tribe Deserted: 7 days since last activity" but i can't open the bins or grab the ressources on the tribe area.

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    I'am on the test server right now. I checked out a tribe and to totem says "Tribe Deserted: 7 days since last activity" but i can't open the bins or grab the ressources on the tribe area.
    I think it might be longer for that stage to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I think it might be longer for that stage to happen.
    you should read Xsyons post

Deserted - At this stage bins and bundles left on the ground will be accessible to other players and the tribe will not be a safe zone.

You are correct. My bad.

I cant access them either.

i forgive you :-P ^^

A thought occurs though guys, if the baskets are set to private they wont be accesible to you even if the tribe is abandoned, but then they have stated that those permissions will be revised, I think. Its all a little fuzzy, Im riding a coffee high atm.

The timers on the test server might just be for testing at a reasonable timeframe.. Xsyon in testing thread says:

- Totem Decay System
    Tribes will be removed after 12 game days have elapsed on the Test Server.

Quote Originally Posted by banden View Post
    A thought occurs though guys, if the baskets are set to private they wont be accesible to you even if the tribe is abandoned, but then they have stated that those permissions will be revised, I think. Its all a little fuzzy, Im riding a coffee high atm.

The timers on the test server might just be for testing at a reasonable timeframe.. Xsyon in testing thread says:

Its also bundles and logs.

Plus it gives the msg "You cant do that here" which is a tribal message not a permissions one.

If they are only testing the other part of it, then really doesnt need players to test it =P